Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Rongey is My New Idol
QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:38 PM) If someone paid me to talk on the radio about the Sox, I'd be a colossal homer too. I've seen it firsthand here too on this board. Yes he is a big optimist. Probably second to 2k5 here (or 3rd if you count Heads). There is nothing wrong with that though. Puts some of the pessimist here in line. Good balance.
-
2010-2011 NHL thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 08:34 PM) Suck it Raffi Torres. That piece of s*** needs to be suspended again.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
Yikes Melo. I don't know how the Knicks bounce back from that in this series. That was a disappointing loss. And does anyone else love OKC fans? Like a college environment in there. One of the best fan bases in the league.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 06:52 PM) Steve, you've become a homer to the extreme. I'm just fine with Rose. But don't act like comparing Rose and Paul is like comparing MJ to Reggie Miller. I'm just as stunned. Especially considering this is the healthiest I've seen Paul look in quite some time. But the Lakers game plan for him was horrible. It was like they thought he was gonna be on one leg tonight. I doubt we see them guard him one on one in the half court the next game. Speaking of Rose, as a Bulls fan, it pisses me off how much Bulls fans overrate him, just as much as it pisses me off how much non Bulls fans (or haters of Rose) underrate him. QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:14 PM) Boston so far having their asses handed to them by the Knicks Yea Melo and Stat look like they are picking up another gear.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:24 PM) I'm surprised that somebody like you that is obsessed with advanced metrics would dismiss any argument that a healthy Paul is better than Rose. lol. It is just mind boggling how quickly people forget how incredible he was. He still is in fact. He had a pretty good year this season. And he also was playing with inferior talent around him. Now with West gone, it's almost become comical. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:26 PM) Go to the Bulls thread on realgm and say this and you're getting banned. lol. Rose is fabulous. But so is Paul. That's all I'm saying. There's only certain posters opinions there I respect anyways. I don't blame them though, I thought Paul's knee was shot. I still think Rose will be better though in all around play (I wanna see him with a competent SG and a full season of Boozer healthy) probably even by next season and you could argue he is already. He has to score this year though, as the Bulls offense is not good when he doesn't.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:05 PM) Let's just say if the Bulls somehow traded Rose for Paul I wouldn't be that upset. That's not a knock on Rose at all by the way. That offered right now, you take it and run. That offered 2-3 years from now, you say thanks but no thanks. And judging by this game, CP3's knee finally looks explosive again, but we'll see. If it's back to normal (and that's a big if) it's not even a debate who is the best. QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 05:22 PM) I wonder if you watched the Bulls game yesterday. I doubt the Lakers give Paul that much room again. The Lakers had a couple of possessions where Gasol got crossed up and was defending Paul 1 on 1. It's not that hard to shake a 7 footer when you have the quickness that Paul has. And it seemed the Lakers were shocked that he had that explosiveness again. That was vintage Paul from 07-09. I didn't even think he was that quick anymore.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
Chris Paul showing why he is still one of (if not the best) overall PG in the game. What a show he's putting on. Almost made me forget about his inferior talent he's got around him (especially without David West).
-
What is Going Wrong With the Sox
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 09:53 PM) this is good, but not as good as BobDylan's thread That will continue to be the greatest thread I've ever read on the pale hose area. I miss Mike.
-
PTC Saturday April 16th, 2011
King Kong.
-
What is Going Wrong With the Sox
Felix is straight owning you fools.
-
4/15 Games
I still don't think Mitchell should be at W-S after missing a full year of development time. Let him hit his way to a promotion.
-
2010-2011 NHL thread
Well I'm glad the Hawks are giving guys like Smith and Kruger some play here. Clearly they are the future and will be on this team next year. And with Bickell's injury (though it might have been a cut) the Hawks continue to bite the injury bug. Even with Bolland, I don't see the Hawks comming out of this but it's very beneficial to see the young guys (Leddy, Kruger, Smith, Frolik, etc.) get some playoff exposure. Get some grit for the bottom 6 next season (can we please have Ladd back Atlanta?) and they're in business.
-
White Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels 4/15, 7:10 PM CT. CSN
QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Apr 15, 2011 -> 03:55 PM) Pierre, lf Beckham, 2b Dunn, DH Konerko, 1b Quentin, rf Rios, cf Pierzynski, c Ramirez, ss Morel, 3b That is, if they play tonight which doesn't look likely. Might be a good thing. Weaver is really locked in.
-
PTC Friday April 15th, 2011
King Kong.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 14, 2011 -> 12:28 AM) The best comparison, if there is one, is Allen Iverson, and even then, Iverson took way more shots per game and got to the free throw line better than any other player ever. Dwyane Wade minus 1/2 the FT attempts is another comparison. If Rose can get to the line 8-10 times a game, or more, he'd be up around 30 PPG too, especially since he shot 86.1% from the line this year, just ANOTHER aspect of game he has improved drastically. To me he's more like a Gary Payton when he was in his prime. (Payton a better defender of course) And yes Rose has to shoot alot because that's what he has to do for his team to win. Give him a competent SG next season (as well as a more healthy Boozer) and he'll shoot less and probably be more efficient in the process. (he did the same thing in high school his junior year before improving on his playmaking his senior year) And shame on those who don't know what a pure PG is.
-
4/14 Games
Dayan with his 3rd walk already..
-
PTC Wednesday April 13th, 2011
Dunn.
-
Who will hit the 10,000th HR for the Sox?
QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 04:44 PM) Watch it be Lillibridge. QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 05:15 PM) Blastro's got this. Alot of QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 11, 2011 -> 08:18 PM) Winning on this thread.
-
PTC Tuesday April 12th, 2011
A.J.
-
2010-2011 NBA Thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 04:13 AM) Before this season I would have taken CP3 over Rose for sure. But CP3 has got big time issues with his knees, and we all have seen what happens to a PG when you lose your quickness and can't beat anyone off the dribble (Agent Zero). Right now I'd probably just lean towards Rose, although I think CP3 is a better "pure" point guard. Agreed completely. And I actually hope Rose can reach Paul's 07-08 levels. People forget how incredible he was. (many would argue Kobe took his MVP)
-
Juan Pierre
QUOTE (Y2HH @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 07:20 AM) I don't know...Thornton's "fastball" looks slow...and he's essentially a 1 pitch pitcher. Without that dominating fastball, he's Jenks without the hammer...and that's a big problem. And I have no concerns about Pierre. He's an average outfielder, but dropping fly balls like he's been doing is clearly out of character for him. I agree about the flyballs, I was more talking about overall range, and judgment. and I'll hold off about the "lost MPH fastball" in early April. People were going crazy when Sale was at 92-93 just a couple of days ago.
-
Juan Pierre
QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 12, 2011 -> 07:09 AM) Thornton worries me more than Pierre. He's been a decent defensive OF (minus the arm) his whole career, I don't think he permanently forgot how to catch a ball. He'll get his head in the right place and be fine. But closing is, IMO, a very different game, mentally. And I am not sure if Matt has the right mindset, nor am I sure he can find it. Some pitchers just don't. I actually feel the opposite. I predicted Pierre will have a down year defensively. So far he has in the early going, but again, it's early. I still think he will finish at a negative UZR however. Thornton will be fine. In fact, he is still the least of my worries in the bullpen.... when he's back to his set-up role, which I agree with your second part.
-
Most intimidating pitcher
Randy Johnson scared the crap outta me and I wasn't even facing him in the batter's box. Easy choice for me.
-
Former White Sox pitching prospects
I'm a big Gio fan. Always have been. I'll leave it at that.
-
PTC Monday April 11th, 2011
TCQ.