Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. To guys like Felix and J4L, it is pointless to discuss pure basketball intellect about a player on a team in that city's message board. While I agree/disagree with what has been posted, it's just not going to go in favor here. Like I said before, it pisses me off how much Chicago people overrate Rose just as much as it pisses me off how much non Chicago fans underrate him. We can all agree that Derrick Rose is damn good, and will only get better. You can also throw away any post which says he's god when he's going to win MVP and not even be the best player in the league. (though how people are arguing he is over LeBron just proves the overrated point) BUT, he is definitely the most valuable on his team.
  2. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 02:38 PM) I think giving a rookie off for a mental break makes a lot of sense. I don't, but I digress.
  3. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 08:31 AM) He's currently striking out at a rate that would put him at around 135 K's on the year...which is better than D2, but not by a whole lot. Hey I'm not arguing his K numbers, BABIP, low walk rate, etc. It's baby steps as far as I'm concerned. I didn't think he should be at W-S (still don't and hope he proves me wrong) and was gonna be over-matched.
  4. QUOTE (gatnom @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 04:32 AM) It may not be Chris Hansen, but there is definitely a police officer right behind him... :notworthy
  5. SoxAce replied to danman31's topic in FutureSox Board
    QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 11:45 PM) 2-5, 3B, 2 K for Mitchell. Quietly has a 5 game hitting streak...
  6. QUOTE (Nokona @ Apr 22, 2011 -> 02:09 AM) I happened to miss what made Bolly get the game misconduct. What caused him to get so angry? Didn't see the game, but judging by the highlights, Torres hit him in the head when he was by the boards. He just came back from a concussion so you know he was pissed. I honestly think that no suspension changed this whole series around (well.. that and Bolland returning). It's not over yet, but the Hawks are playing with an edge to their game.
  7. God I'm depressed on picking these players.. C'mon Rios. (I don't think he'll play) Paulie.
  8. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 20, 2011 -> 02:22 PM) Val looks really good actually. He's bigger than he was when he was in his mid 20s, which goes without saying, but he has been on a pretty strict diet recently and has been working out and looked really good. And I had fully planned on at least dropping the Huckleberry line, but had I done that I think I probably would have been sent away. I did tell Will that my favorite character of his was Pall Willeaux. My god what happened to you Blake? (though you weren't much to look at in your younger days, but you were at least "decent looking" in a hetero way)
  9. QUOTE (Knackattack @ Apr 21, 2011 -> 12:17 AM) You know the season is done when Fathom posts about optimism. I was about to say the same thing. I had to do a double take to see who actually posted this thread, especially an optimism thread. Fathom, your still the king of pessimism. Don't let my boy J4L take that from you.
  10. QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 19, 2011 -> 09:32 PM) Yeah. I can't remember a high upside hitter in the system like him. I like him better than Mitchell. Do we have to go as far back as Borchard for a talent like that? Maybe Sweeney I guess. Sweeney for sure. His power though never caught up with his good contact rate. I was never a fan of Borchard though. I loved Trayce since he was drafted (probably second to fathom who was his biggest fan) and I still think he's the best in the system as far as potential. (though I'm sure some would argue Viciedo) Hopefully he hits like his oozing tools suggest.
  11. After reading through this, I apologize to nite for not getting the shoutout you deserve. (I guess it was the ol' Ben Gordon fascination that perplexed me when I forgot you are very good with talking basketball though you do have your flaws in some players' logic) You can have Rock's spot. Looks like I missed a good game btw cause of work. Glad we got the dubya.
  12. Jim Gallagher still showing great patience at the plate. More of a late bloomer than a true prospect, but he is a nice surprise.
  13. QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 02:33 AM) Kalapse could one up this thread without even trying. All kalapse would have to do is go into detail about a recent s*** of his that he just got done examining... and that puppy would end up at least double the length of this one. Kalapse could convince some of you that the sky is purple, and that the grass is red, with zero questions asked. I'm giving chw a pass since he has only been here about 3 years.
  14. QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 18, 2011 -> 12:39 AM) K. Changed it. Oh that's brutal Jeremy.
  15. I would like to ask guys like Krush, Tony, Rock, Steve, Slavko, CC, maggsmaggs, Athomeboy, Jester, LittleHurt, DBAH0, chimpy, Murcie, 101, soxfan101 (sorry GoodAsGould, hate the name..), etc. who you would like to see the Hawks do/add in the off-season to help the team, which young guys should stick, etc.. (yes I know series isn't over yet, but I'm not optimistic on their chances comming back 0-3)
  16. QUOTE (kev211 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 07:45 PM) This. I like the Bears, but I am not a die hard by any stretch of the imagination. If the new team made the right moves they could easily win me over. A second basketball team winning me over? Not a chance. Couldn't have said it any better myself.
  17. QUOTE (G&T @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 09:24 PM) Doesn't help when Kane is missing open nets. Yea he was really bad tonight. I don't see another Flyers-like comeback in this series. Hawks are done. I hope Bowman gets some grit (with skill) in the summer. I also would like to see Campoli (especially) and Frolik (possibly) back.
  18. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 09:30 PM) Yeah, but Rose has insane drive while John Wall dougies before games. ...And? Wall has improved alot since high school and his b-ball I.Q. is off the charts. This dude averaged 16-5-8 as a rookie. I would think you'd give him a summer to see if he can improve his weaknesses before he's pegged another player with no drive.
  19. QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 09:11 PM) They turned on them within 3 minutes of the game. So would Philly fans if they saw the other team starting off 7-7 on FGs with no defense to speak of.
  20. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2011 -> 09:01 PM) When you factor in age and mileage, it kinda is. Well, maybe next year or in two years we'll see some John Wall/Derrick Rose trade proposals. Wall is up and comming whereas Rose is older with much more mileage on his body.
  21. QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 16, 2011 -> 10:02 PM) Some of you are very gullible or just ignorant of the opinions of one of the best posters on this board (Felix). Alright now that is just... awful wrong.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.