Everything posted by SoxAce
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
Rinne was just outstanding. If the Preds win this series and go far, it will be because of him. (defense is outstanding too, but Rinne keeps them in it) BTW, great game on Versus. Sharks-Avs tied 1-1 heading to OT. This is the 3rd staright overtime these two will play. EDIT: Sharks win 2-1 in OT. Series tied 2-2.
-
Speaking of Overreacting...
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:08 PM) George Springer the CF from UCONN (i'm a bit biased) is toolsy as all hell, putting up great numbers, and was drafted by the Twins a couple years back. Wouldn't mind bringing him into the fold. Love that kid. Doesn't hurt either like you said.. he was a Twins draftee (I believe Mitchell was also drafted by the Twins out of high school.)
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 11:04 AM) I like Live. Been a Live fan for a long time myself. But to be fair.. I never had a 2K game other than playing the game with friends at their houses. Would still go with Live though.
-
Jordan Danks and the strikeout
Very nice article Dan.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 07:08 AM) D-Will = best point guard in the league I would usually say give me Chris Paul 9/10 times. But since he was injured last year, and the continued progression from D-Will he is right there, if not the best. Paul, Nash, Kidd (dude is still killin it at the age of 36) and Rondo are close as well. QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 02:14 PM) Rose is close to those guys level though, but I don't consider him a true point guard like them, he is more like a Dwyane Wade. Rose won't ever be a 20/10 guy IMO, but rather a 26-28/8 guy just like Wade. And really that is equal production. I'll reserve judgment on Rose until he gets another all-star next year as he plays with noone of all-star level. All the PGs people named have had an all-star to help them. (Boozer, West, Amar'e, Garnett, Pierce, Dirk) Even a young guy like Westbrook has Durant which can only help his development. Rose does not have that luxury yet. Give him a Bosh/Wade/Amar'e and say some 3 point snipers (guys like Morrow, Reddick, Allen etc.. would be ideal) since his game is mostly drive and kick and we'll have a better grasp if his potential is 7-8 assist or 9-10 (which I see him as personally)
-
4/20 games
QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 12:15 PM) The problem is, which of those players does Danks have as much power as? Sizemore maybe? Sizemore owns him in contact rate so that doesn't really apply. Theres your key. If Danks was hitting 25+ homers at the MLB (even hitting at the cell might not help) that would help off-set his K's not to mention his good walk rate. But he so far has not shown his only thing development wise scouts were worried about. Viciedo will be fine as far as K rate since he will hit for power. I just don't see that from Danks unless he starts K'ing less, or hitting for more power, or even more contact. Now.. if he's walking at a 80+ clip that could help with his OBP, but I don't see that either from him.
-
ESPN BBTN Says Wave the Red Flag
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 03:02 PM) Danks might actually be the first SP dealt because he is the only one without a long term contract plus a high value. I just don't see KW trading a 25 year old LH starting pitcher with 3-4 years of arb. left in any case. At least.. not this year. A guy like Quentin would probably go before Danks. Whats good about some of these guys is that KW doesn't have to go on full rebuild and he can focus on other pieces. Flowers, Danks, Hudson etc.. will be ready. It'll be up to them though to hit (and pitch) well up here.
-
*4/20* GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+, WSCR 670
QUOTE (sayitaintso @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 02:00 AM) Its only fitting that Danks is pitching on 4/20. Wheres Rock with this stellar sig when you need him?
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 12:17 AM) If LeBron is a douche, then so is Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant and a lot of other great players in other sports. I don't think Jordan or Kobe ever danced around on the court.. in live play. (or even on the bench for that matter) They are both too classy for that sort of thing. (OFF the court.. well that's another story) The only ways they would show you off is dropping 50 in your face. I got no problems with LeBron talking to the Bulls bench, the player(s) who is guarding him, etc.. That's part of the game, the competitiveness. But dancing on the court, taking pics, doin the two step, etc..? ...The f*** is that s***. Guys like Rodman probably fouls him very hard pulling that bulls*** when he drives to the lane, but this is the "new" NBA. It's really sad when a younger star (Durant) shows he's more mature than you are. But I guess it depends on the person. (not to mention going to college, even if it was for a year)
-
*4/20* GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+, WSCR 670
vs. Since we been sucking lately, figured this thread needs alittle Ace love to it. Also I was gonna be on this anyway having two of my favorite young lefties face each other in Danks and Price not to mention it's on 4/20. Rays are always fun to watch. (Maddon has them running all the time)
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 12:07 AM) Has Richard actually learned how to field his position well enough and THEN make accurate throws to 1B? Just wonder if he's made any progress in that area with a new organization and pitching coach.... No idea there actually (don't catch enough games he pitches, even though I saw him make two good throws over there in the 2 games he pitched) but he's solid at fielding his position, though he will never be Buehrle-like.
-
PTC Tuesday April 20th, 2010
Konerko
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 11:13 PM) he always said he learned a lot at Mark's side. Good to see it working out for him. Ya you can see it with his style. He works fast, (pitching and starting each inning) throws strikes, fields his position very well, and has a great pick-off move. (not to mention learned the cutter here) Similarities end with that however with their pitching styles. Eric Gagne retires officially. Maybe he can give Jason Schmidt his Cy Young he stole from him.
-
Single biggest problem with the Sox over the past decade
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 11:40 PM) I might take heat for this but i have no problem with the White Sox drafting Joe Borchard. He, Nady, and Tag Bozied looked like elite prospects coming out of California. I can't blame the White Sox for biting on him I hated him back in 2003 when I first started following prospects. I also hated the pick even more when I saw his college numbers despite never seeing him play in Stanford. Not only did he K 57 times his final year in college (which is like striking out 150+ times in the MiLB and 200+ in the MLB) he walked fewer times. Usually the norm for a high K hitter is around 45-50 times. Even Fields had a better walk rate (thats the pick I didn't mind at all) and K'd less than Borchard. I didn't mind Broadway as much as McColluch since Lance put up the college numbers. Had a nice change and great, great movement despite the velocity. Would had been better served being a round or two later pick though. The McColluch pick however even had other GMs and scouts scratching their heads over that one. By far my least favorite 1st round pick in that decade and pretty much all around. (Lucy, Long, Ring all included too) God that 06' draft was horrible.
-
Where is Kenny?
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 11:09 PM) Dude was talking about getting rid of Alexei. You can't count on Nix or Beckham as a full-time SS, and thus, they were not listed. Ya, the sox don't see Becks as a long term fit there, and Nix is a better 2B defensively than a SS. Even if the sox draft a SS this up comming draft (like Colon for example) you would still have to wait 3+ years (high school or college guy in most cases) before you can plug him in. Like Wite said, unless KW is trading for a SS somewhere else (spect or MLB player) it's basically Alexei or nothing. But hey.. Brent Lillibridge is on a hot streak in AAA, so maybe something clicked!!!!
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 08:31 PM) It seems like most "stars" in the NBA do crap like this. It is a cocky, look what I just did league, which is why I hate the NBA. Which is why scouts love guys like Rose, Durant, Duncan etc.. Guys who are the antithesis of a prima donna. I've probably said this about 134,970 times now. I hate Kirk Hinrich. Him and his contract being traded alone, makes me happy... in the summer hopefully.
-
4/19 Games
Trayce Thompson 1-3, BB. B-Ham is up against a Jacksonville team (Marlins affiliate) who has a couple of fun prospects. Guys like Stanton (who is raking.. damn) Dominguez, Martinez, etc..
-
Insanity
Alright! My sister's boyfriend got the Insanity workout yesterday. He was really encouraged about my leanness (despite not working out for 2 weeks now ) and he wants to get his fat ass in shape. Me, him and my sister will be starting this program tomorrow. I'll keep you guys updated.
-
Jon Gilmore: 10 Game Tease or Breakout Candidate?
I was gonna post something, but your last two paragraphs summed it up perfectly Jeff. Nice write-up.
-
This article on the Sox's BABIP...
QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:54 PM) http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playe...amp;position=OF Ironically, a guy like Alex Rios will allegedly help us in our cause (he has a way above average career BABIP). I think anyone would tell you they knew that about Rios just by watching him. Dude has been hitting the ball right on the money... right at people.
-
Pods
QUOTE (T R U @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 02:02 AM) This pods lovefest is just sickening He really needs to come back down to earth so we can stop hearing about this.. "We could use's Pods' multi-hit potential right now. The guy has some pop in his bat." f***in gag me.. Your tellin me. When did Scott Podsednik become a good player? Sample sizes are affecting people's judgment here. The comparing of two terrible players (Pods and Pierre) is brutal as it is. Its like comparing taking a hard, solid s*** hurting your asshole or dropping diarrhea liquid bombs hurting your stomach. Either way, it will suck.
-
NBA playoffs thread
QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:53 AM) Q Rich put it best when he called them actresses. Add Rondo to that actress list as well. Richardson and Noah had the best quotes by far these last couple days. Hell even Bogut dislikes KG and said something like "I wonder who started the scrap in that one hmmm" on his twitter.. yes broken arm and all. I remember Noah and Dwight Howard loved KG as young-ins. Both said he was their favorite player. Now both pretty much dislike him with a passion. Shame for anyone to find out your idol is (or turned out to be) a total d-bag.
-
Single biggest problem with the Sox over the past decade
I just want to say this is an excellent thread. Usually I would be posting something relevant to this, but this is one I just want to sit back and read other people's views for a bit before posting mine. (if I even post anything) Gotta give credit where credit is due though.
-
Old Trade Rumors Revisited
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 11:28 PM) Joe Crede for Ervin Santana and Chone Figgins. I remember this trade being rumored in 2007 I think. And with the way Crede's health has been since, this would have been a no-brainer. Having Figgins gives you your lead off man (allowing Pierre to bat 9th), and Santana could be a strong 5th starter, or traded to clear room for Hudson. I'm assuming you mean hypothetically here, especially since I never like to look at old trades or could had beens since there were a couple I'm glad we didn't do or wish we should have myself, but you do realize that if Figgins was on this team now, Pierre wouldn't be right? Or assuming if Figgins was with us in 07-09, he would have been a FA (see the contract he got with Seattle with the financial budget we have especially, not to mention I believe he was a Type A as well) and NOT on the 2010 team right?
-
HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 10:25 PM) Holy s*** Boyle own goal 51 seconds in. 50 shots against Colorado and no goals but they score on their on end. My god.. I JUST missed that game too when it was on versus. What a goaile win for Anderson. 50+ save shutout. That was epic.. Sharks living up to their billing it seems.