Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:04 PM) This is why I voted Middle Buffalo for poster I wish posted more. I told you the soxtalk awards are like the gold gloves in baseball. We need to get a fielding bible awards in here somewhere..
  2. Alright, well it's been an interesting few hours going to the doctors, making calls and such. My brother is one lucky S.O.B. I won't go into detail what happened (PM if you really want to know) but the kid isn't his and his ex gf is a serious b****. That is all.
  3. The only thing I find horrid is that Chelsea Dagger song after every goal.. ugh.. other than that.. I love tradition.
  4. Brian Giles retires. Career .291/.400/.502/.902 hitter. Outstanding 15 year career.
  5. SoxAce replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:40 AM) I tagged him for like 5 ER, 9 H in his 7 innings pitched. Also drew a walk and took a LOT of balls from him. I don't know why, but he is the only pitcher I can read for balls and strikes. I think it's his motion or something, but they brought in relieves, and they all dominated me. There are so many things wrong with this post.
  6. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:56 AM) He would be a final piece that would mean virtually nothing in the long run. Even as good as his stuff is or may be, he's still raw. Not to mention he's 26 (soon to be 27) which is too old to be considered a prospect. He's as much of a thrown-in as Adam Russell was in the Peavy deal.
  7. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 01:14 AM) or someone like Danks go from a AA starter coming off an average season in Midland to one of the best lefties in baseball also in the span of a year. I did.. in fact.. I called it a couple years back. Danks has had a history of excelling, then getting promoted to only struggle to adjust, then adjust the following season. He's done that for quite sometime now even comming out of high school in Texas. I knew he was going to be a damn good young LHP. Hell, you don't get picked #10 overall in the country, if you don't have some kind of talent (whether a prospect bust or not) The only thing I never thought would happen.. was what you mentioned earlier. Never would had thought he would beat out Floyd and the others to make the team that season. Thought he would pitch decent in ST, dominate AAA (like his record suggest and he probably would had done) struggle in the 08 season getting promoted to the bigs with us and then dominate in 09 and so on. I'm jut glad it worked out with him and his bulldog mentality. Some pitchers would not recover mentally after getting hit around putting up a 5.50 era their first year. (and of course you would see them out of baseball more often than not anyway)
  8. QUOTE (lostfan @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 07:23 PM) Trey Griffey is a couple of years younger than Frank's son but he doesn't seem to be interested in baseball. That'd be awesome if he played but that's also a s***-ton of pressure, I mean, your dad and granddad are both HOFs? Man I hope so, that would be something. Trey would seem like the type of kid who could pick up a bat/glove, thinks he's not that good, and still be better than most (if not all) of the people on his team. Pure talent you can't teach, but who knows. Hopefully Mark can give Branden Buehrle a ball and glove and we'll draft him in 20 years or so..
  9. He's always good for the first half of the season (before the all star break). It's the second half (after the all star break) that kills him. Plus he's a very good clubhouse guy from all accounts (helps guys more mentally/spiritually and such) not to mention he has a no trade clause anyway, so we have to keep him.
  10. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 10:48 PM) Great. More Ozzie controversy. Can the season start yet? Seriously. Not that spring training was ever fun, but this might be the most boring ST I've ever been around. Everything is pretty much set, so there's no threads about the 4th/5th SP, or who is our CF, etc.. anymore. We know who is in our 1-5, we know our lineup and rotating DH, we pretty much know our pen. When your best ST thread is "who is gonna be the MU/LOOGY guy" or "What did Ozzie say in his tweet today" you know your bored out of your ass.
  11. SoxAce replied to Quin's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 11:00 PM) He's just building up your trade value. FTW!
  12. QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 09:04 PM) Cabrera pitched badly again I take it, he had 1K, 1 BB, and 1 earned run. How bad was his control? C'mon now.. it's still early... right Ranger?
  13. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 09:55 PM) We're a better team than what we were a couple of months ago though. Carter and Nelson have finally found a groove in the backcourt, and it's showing in our results (won 7 in a row). But if the Bulls can't win 1 of their next 4 games (3 tough road games and a home game against the Cavs IIRC), they're done in terms of the playoffs IMO. And I wouldn't mind that.. I'd rather us lose but be in the top 10 protected, then lose and be the 11th/12th seed swaping picks with Milwaukee. No team in the East scares me IF Noah, Deng are healthy, hell we beat every team once before except Atlanta I believe. Sure we probably don't beat them in a series, but they shouldn't "scare" the Bulls or fans. But if we are going in with a 70% Deng, 50% Noah, 80% Rose... easy sweep for Cleveland/Orlando/Atlanta and possibly out in 5 games with Toronto/Boston. Funny thing was 2 months ago, the Bulls were one of the hottest teams in the league.. As soon as Noah went out, it's like Rose is playing by himself not to mention people forgot how to defend.
  14. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 06:19 PM) Last but not least, there is no such thing as a black person that I have met. Everyone's a shade of brown. Then you don't get out much... Torii on what he said was stupid, especially how he actually worded it, but as lost said... he's 100% right on this one. Funny thing is, lost is black and I'm half black and we agree on this..
  15. QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 09:48 PM) We should have won that game by 50. I'm surprised you guys didn't. Funny thing is.. when Rose is out, the Magic have no problem taking care of business. When Rose played the whole game, the Bulls won at the United Center a couple months ago. Just goes to show how important he is even without Noah, but I believe Deng played too in that game so that helps alot.
  16. Man I thought this was just another girl looking to try and get money out of this.. Looks like I may be wrong.
  17. Rose injured earlier on nearly the same identical play from Howard. No Deng, No Noah, No ROSE... no chance as we saw.
  18. QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 04:19 PM) I can't imagine why Oz wouldn't want Nick Johnson.... Dun mes up mah rotating DH plan.. I making the focking lineups!! De Aza opposite field double.. I really like this guy. 4-3 sox. Holy s*** Retherford!! 5-4 sox!! looks like the swing he made in winter ball.
  19. QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 04:13 PM) Really? I hadn't heard that before. Very interesting. Wasn't sure if it was Ozzie who said it, but the sox had Johnson on the radar for sure. And of course I miss Alex White pitch.. S.O.B!!
  20. Kinghts are gonna have one hell of a rotation however. Hudson, Torres/Hynick (depending if Torres makes it over Santos etc..), Cabrera, Whisler/Shirek/Harrell.. not bad at all.
  21. Great interview. Thanks for reminding bschmaranz. Franks' son is going to college next year to play ball. Some prospect geeks like myself can't possibly wait to see how he develops. He's got a long way to go though like Frank said as he picked up baseball late.
  22. QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:36 PM) My cousin, who is like a brother to me, had a kid last year, age 19. He's finishing community college next fall and got accepted to the local university. Baby's 3 months old now, they're making it work but my aunt and uncle are helping out a lot. Ya no doubt it will work here (my mother has a caring heart) but say someone's parents weren't so nice, 17 is a bigger difference than age 19. My brother is still a junior in high school, and he will have this over his head. I've been around plenty of people though who had kids from 15-18 that I know when I was in high school (some close friends of mine) so no doubt he'll be fine, but it's up to him to take responsibility for it, and so far.. he wants nothing to do with his possible child which I'm gonna chew him out about later tonight IF the kid is his.. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 11, 2010 -> 03:40 PM) Haha, she sounds like a classy lady. You take hints real well Milk.. though my brother is a douche too.
  23. I think someone here with good sources said the sox wanted to sign Nick Johnson, but Ozzie didn't want him as well. (before the Pierre deal)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.