SoxAce
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by SoxAce
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 19, 2010 -> 09:41 AM) If they keep him for 5 more years, they most likely get his best years, and then one of those teams gives him a massive contract based on that. Hopefully if it does happen, he goes Carl Pavano on them. Eh.. whose to say that he won't pitch better when he gets older. Dude will only be 28-29 when his contract is up. Unless someone is giving him a 10 year deal afterwards, alot of teams will be lining up for King Felix, in his prime, for a 3-6 year deal.
-
Leno going back to Late Night
QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 11:00 PM) I will say this Conan is really weak tonight I've laughed like twice. Thats one more laugh than what I usually get at Leno's show at his funniest.
-
The DH Quandry
QUOTE (since56 @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 10:59 PM) The white sox did not win with Thome. That is the truth. Winning the world sieries is the only win. If you think winning 90 games or a division is winning maybe you belong in wrigley where they accept losing and losers. I don't agree with what you said, but I do agree that wite is a loser.
-
Workout Tips & Tricks
Started my workout today. Doing mostly running (working on the legs). I will do the (mid) body tomorrow. Hopefully I can keep up with this.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (CryptviLL @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 08:29 PM) Yeah I watched the game, it's just amazing how bad we become on the west coast.. I dont want to solely blame it on that.. but smh warriors were depleted, bad team, and they just stomped us. Bierdins (sp?) had 8 f**ing blocks. To go along with 19 rebounds and 9 points (should of had a triple-double if Nelson left him in 5 minutes longer and if he made some free throws. Hell Stephen freaking Curry had 10 rebounds.
-
Celebrity Crush
I can't believe noone (that I know of) mentioned Hayden Panettiere.
-
2009 Soxtalk Awards Nomination Thread
I hate these award things, but I gotta admit you might as well not even have a poll for the thread of the year after that one.
-
White Sox agree to terms with Tony Pena
QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Jan 18, 2010 -> 07:42 PM) I don't know why people are so down on Pena, maybe they dislike the trade and it's affecting their judgment. Pena is a very solid reliever. $1.2m is good value for someone who should come in with a WAR of around 1 next year. Hell I didn't like the trade (in terms of value) as most know, but I like Pena and think he will have a very good year for us. I was shocked that he only got 1.2 mil personally.
-
White Sox agree to terms with Tony Pena
1.2 mil? Not bad at all. Thought he'd get more for some reason.
-
Jake Freakin Peavy
Whoa wait... when the hell did we get Jake Peavy? Dude was a former Cy Young winner. Who did we give up? I just saw he was on the 25 man.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 09:37 PM) is it just me or did Versteeg win the fight?? The way the announcers talked they talked like Eaves won and i was wondering if they saw the same fight. That pissed me off I would give a slight edge to Versteeg as Eaves was cut and Versteeg took him down. Though you can also say it was a draw.
-
Best burger joint
"Welcome to good burger, home of the good burger, can I take your order?"
-
Catch All Anything Thread
QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 06:51 PM) In one of the videos they explained exactly what happened. The whale slammed into the shark and then spun it upside down and bit it, because I guess Sharks become completely like paralyzed when upside down so the shark eventually suffocated in the whales mouth. He stunned him when he hit the shark full force. Comparable to a football/hockey player hitting someone when they have their head down. Not quite paralyzed, but not "quite there" either. Pretty good hunting technique a whale did and probably communicated to the others. I remember reading something similar to crocodiles on how they kill prey (on land) drinking water or something or swimming to relocate for the winter/spring.
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 10:58 AM) You said it, but others thought it. I'm not gonna lie.. so did I. RIP Gaines Adams.. wow.
-
Best burger joint
QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jan 17, 2010 -> 12:19 PM) Steak-N-Shake, Five Guys, Culvers, and as super cheap options go, Wendy's and Burger King. f*** yea! I knew I was missing one. Agree on the fast food joints too.
-
Best burger joint
I was a HUGE fan of Rallys when I was working in the South Holland area.
-
Which team did you have higher expectations for?
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 16, 2010 -> 11:13 PM) And I don't think Liriano can even be considered as a threat at this point. He's been fully removed from TJ surgery, and something about his near 6.00 ERA doesn't really scare me. He can't throw the slider like he used to because it's either going to f*** up his elbow further or he simply can't throw it. The Twins would be smart (and I imagine they will actually follow through on this) to make him into a reliever, because then his velocity is actually a plus and not merely something that just looks sexy. I would not sleep on that guy just yet. Usually it takes a full two years to really get back to pitching like you should from TJ. The main thing most Twins fans will tell you about Liriano is he lost his command (especially on his fastball, which BTW, dipped in velocity as well) last season. The key for Liriano is if he can throw his change-up like he once did. Yes he won't have that slider to throw to as often (though he still throws it, but very limited in winter ball) and of course, which is usual baseball 101 for pitchers, is he has to find and locate his fastball. Reports say he's throwing a little harder in winter ball than he was all of last season. (and he could possibly get stronger in his arm and velocity come the spring or the season) But if he can find that changeup, not to mention that extra 3-5 MPH off that fastball he lost and LOCATE it (not to mention being very unlucky last season looking at his higher than usual BABIP) he should be fine. Bill James and Chone have him at solid/serviceable this comming season. We'll all see personally since he is in our division.
-
Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread
QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 11:07 PM) I'm addicted to Jersey Shore. This trainwreck is great! Just saw tonights episode for the first time. Ronnie with a one hitter. I love it every time a dude(s) talk s***, but can't back it up.. ya that's what happens.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Rex Huet, or Cristobal Grossman? Seems to be the theme of his consistency in games.
-
2010 MLB Catch-All Thread
If he was actually good at getting on base (complete 180 from his prospect days) Byrnes would have been a perfect candidate for that whole "rotate DH" thing. The fire... passion. In other news.. Kouzmanoff and a minor leaguer to the A's for S. Hairston and former White Sox prospect Cunningham. Deal not quite finalized yet (I believe pending physicals). Padres are now looking like the new west coast sox with all our former spects.
-
Major earthquake strikes Haiti
QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 08:31 PM) Funny joke, but hurricanes and earthquakes are different. I know... so was a R&B/Pop singer (Beyonce) and a country star (Taylor Swift). Kanye still did it.
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
What a game that was. Rose was killin it once again, though if I'm a Wizards fan, I question why Foye was taking the last shot from Butler/Jamison. VDN also has to work on his play calling. My god is it brutal.
-
Major earthquake strikes Haiti
QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 04:41 PM) Is Kanye West going to come on and say that Barrack Obama doesn't care about black people? Right after he probably says "Yo Haiti.. Ima let you finish, but New Orleans was one of the worst hurricane hits of all time!"
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 01:56 AM) Sundiata Gaines vs Lebron James. Guess who won... Man I didn't watch the 4th quarter and now I regret it. Love Reggie Miller's quote. "Kevin O'Connor... Jerry Sloan, sign this guy for the rest of the season! He has proven his worth." Haha. Dude was on his second 10 day contract too. Quite a nice story he has and still pretty young. (23 yrs)
-
Suntimes Peavy Article
My god... if that article doesn't get anyone fired up about not only ST, but this season in general, then I don't know what will. Peavy will be fun to watch all year, especially his competitiveness on the mound.