Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2012 -> 07:25 PM) So basically you have nothing to add, besides perhaps mocking me indirectly (or directly if you want to credit most with a modicum of intelligence)? Where did I suggest doing anything? I pointed out the reasons they PROBABLY won't do anything, and you're not going to get as much for Floyd now anyways until when he goes on one of his patented hot streaks. What players did I suggest trading besides POSSIBLY Thornton, Floyd and Crain? Last time, I checked, I was wholeheartedly against the idea of trading Viciedo. You can search/check the entire history of this board from November of 2008 and you'll never see me saying such a thing. And improving the worst bench in the major leagues is a bad thing? Not worth discussion or thinking about? There's nothing interesting at all about the team being in the position they are now when 2 weeks ago NEARLY EVERY SINGLE THREAD talked about this team in terms of the future and rebuilding? Isn't trading those three players and clearing their contracts for younger prospects to come exactly the kind of move a rebuilding team SHOULD make? At a certain point, you don't think KW's starting to believe this team, as CURRENTLY CONSTRUCTED with a few additions, could actually WIN NOW? Wasn't the whole theme of the entire offseason constructing a team for 2013, 2014 and beyond? Doesn't the attendance certain reflect that belief in the fanbase? You truly believe what the Cubs are doing (positively and negatively) has absolutely no effect on the White Sox? What about KW's quotes once upon a time about making this a "White Sox town?" Just bold talk? The Cubs are going to finish with the worst or second worst record in the major leagues, and nobody's viewing this now (2012) as a golden opportunity? You really believe the White Sox are so cash poor they have no money to make an acquisition? If the cost/benefit of trading Gavin Floyd for a prospect and opening up that spot in the rotation for one of our young starters is such a clear decision, I bet you'd have nearly universal approval for it. But I would imagine if it was put to a poll, no more than 50% of the board would be for this move (despite three pretty much disastrous starts in a row), because they know what pieces in our minor league system we'd use to replace him, let's say Dylan Axelrod. That's not an issue worthy of debate and consideration? I love when you get all flustered and make an argument and decide my own counterargument within your argument and mention a lot of different players and situations and problems and stuff and things and just keep typing. Seriously Caulfield, you are acting like the guy on the street with a "The World is Ending!" Sign. Of course at some point it will end. Doesn't mean I have to stop enjoying what's going on to freak out about everything.
  2. I'm sorry Flax, but you are 1 day late from greatness Happy birthday anyways
  3. If I am KW, I read this thread and irrationally overreact and attempt to gain full value for every player in the entire organization and then consider pretty much every angle from the Cubs attendance and result to the overall Forbes value of the team. Ready. Set. Go!
  4. F*** the dome and the team that resides in it. Go Sox. Come on Sale, let's keep this rolling.
  5. Bazinga. Five and counting.
  6. Never Forget.....to vote for Paul Konerko
  7. F*** the team in Cleveland, part trois. Go Sox. Sorry for the gamethread delay, last night was a little bit of lots of birthday celebration.
  8. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2012 -> 06:32 PM) And platooning/trading that bum Viciedo. Guys like Viciedo are a dime a dozen.
  9. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 26, 2012 -> 05:55 PM) The only time I saw Rios talking was that video of him cursing out a fan who was trying to get an autograph somewhere in Chicago after a not-so-great game by him one of the last couple of years. But the fans was kind of taunting him, so what do you expect when someone's not playing well? The only video of him I have seen cussing out a fan was when he was in toronto. I have never seen that since he was in Chicago.
  10. You know, after this ass kicking, KW better be finding out if Castro is pitching well because of stuff and things like that.
  11. I make gamethreads. This is what I do.
  12. Yeah, so this team is hot.
  13. I'm not blaming anyone over Molina 50 games into the season in a Winner thread discussing a well pitched game by a rookie. The end.
  14. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 26, 2012 -> 02:02 PM) Then maybe his "eyes" should be paying more attention to whether our "prize" acquisition of the offseason, Molina, was actually playing Winter Ball in Venezuela or not. What do you honestly know about what KW is or is not looking at? Stop with the grandiose speculation. Molina will get to the majors when ready.
  15. QUOTE (zenryan @ May 26, 2012 -> 01:06 PM) So people dont wear gloves when playing 16" softball? I have no idea because I havent played in a softball game since PE in 7th grade. Nope, no gloves in 16". Some longtime players end up with some fugly fingers
  16. Aging to perfection
  17. Last night there was 21k, like I said in the winner thread, the attendance is creeping up. If the Sox keep winning then the attendance will keep going up.
  18. F*** the team from Cleveland part deux. Go Sox. JFPIAA
  19. Chicago crowds starting to grow a little bit. This team can be fun to watch once they start clicking on a regular basis. Viciedo and Dunn hit a couple of straight bombs to dead center, I love the consistent deep power threat throughout the lineup.
  20. QUOTE (iamshack @ May 25, 2012 -> 09:32 PM) Damn...Braun is going off in the last month...is he still using ped's folks? Depends. Is MLB still using the same courier service?
  21. QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ May 25, 2012 -> 02:47 PM) My fall team threw two shutouts last season 15-0 and 10-0. We have shut out teams before too, it isn't easy but we have done it. Still, 9 runs between two teams is not normal for us
  22. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 25, 2012 -> 06:06 PM) Rios's nickname is tar? Really? We don't question nicknames around here anymore. We just let them go
  23. 12", 14", and 16" are all very common around chicago. For whatever reason the closer you get to the city 16" ball is more prevalent, but in the burbs 12" is pretty popular. 14" is pretty much strictly coed.
  24. Kyyle23 replied to greg775's topic in SLaM
    Not really seeing this as buster-worthy, so i am moving it to SLaM
  25. Steve might have to change his superman picture to a feathered serpent

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.