Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Kyyle23 replied to BobDylan's topic in SLaM
    My brother joined the Army when he was 26 years old because of a lot of the reasons you just mentioned. If you have specific questions, I can ask him for you
  2. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 11:52 PM) I think that's the effect that Beckham has had on the team since being called up. I'm pretty sure I've noticed a lot of the other players swinging more for doubles and singles, along with going to the opposite field, in recent weeks. I agree, the trickle down effect he is having on the rest of the lineup is very noticeable to me as well
  3. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 04:14 PM) There were others involved in the Reed trade including a young Olivo and I forget the third. SS Mike Morse
  4. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 03:03 PM) Whatever happened to revenue sharing? Maybe the problem is that Jerry Reinsdorf is trying to buy some hockey team in Arizona? i highly doubt that JR is using White Sox money to purchase the Coyotes. Plus, JR is only an investor in the White Sox, he only owns something like a 12 percent share, its not like he is leveraging the Sox to purchase the Coyotes
  5. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2009 -> 01:22 PM) Soto suffered an oblique strain during BP and is at a hospital getting an MRI, no timetable yet. this is what happens when you report to camp out of shape. The munchies got him
  6. QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 06:40 PM) What Wiiware games are good? Particularly multiplayer ones. I got a few puzzle games but I havent gotten any FPS games. I really liked World of Goo, Toki Tori, and me and my daughter play Critter Roundup here and there
  7. QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 05:50 PM) ...but....but....what about the Main Event Mafia???? I agree, they should go back to stables. For me, they help in two ways: 1. Stables can utilize guys who either aren't good enough on the mic, or who haven't developed a strong enough character to get over on their own. and 2. Stables often used to be led by a manager or advisor, who was almost always an entertaining character who was good at talking. Heenan, Cornette, Dangerously/Heyman....none of them were able to establish themselves as an in-ring performer (although Heenan was under-rated, but too small), yet those are three of the most memorable characters of their time. after watching last night, i think Million Dollar Man is the perfect manager for Legacy.
  8. QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 01:07 PM) I seem to recall him crapping his pants in the 6th before getting bailed out by Alexei. The playoff teams are more likely to represent the 2008 Rays, certainly not the last place 2008 Tigers. http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/...p&year=2008 hmmm, 6 innings, 5 hits, 2 runs(1 earned) and 8 Ks and 2 walks. on 3 days rest. Sure looks like he crapped his pants to me
  9. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 01:11 PM) My favorite WCW faction besides the original NWO is The Flock led by Raven. He at one point became my favorite wrestler along with Billy Kidman and the 7 year itch. wasnt the Flock pulling the same stuff that DX was, almost show for show?
  10. QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 12:25 PM) Gavin = Mental midget. See last year's playoff performance. If Jose keeps pitching the way (don't forget 2005! he has, that's better than Floyd (who hopefully won't return back to being a pumpkin.) I'm nervous on buying high on Rolen. Wasnt he pitching on short rest then? He seemed to be fine in the week leading up to the playoffs, when the Sox had to win pretty much every game
  11. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 11:57 AM) I'd pass on Doc H. Let's develop our own and compete that way LOL, yeah why would we need a perennial Cy Young contender when we can experience growing pains and career uncertainty instead?
  12. Kyyle23 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 09:27 AM) He was never a very good director to begin with IMO. Lets face it, most of us wouldn't think the original 3 Star Wars films were all that good if we were in our 20s and 30s when we first saw them. He's lucky that a generation of 7-13 years olds that saw them when they first came out have elevated those three films to epic status. I disagree. Star Wars came out of nowhere, there was no cartoon 20 years prior to the film that gave people an idea of what the film was about, there was no frame of reference that people could base their opinions. Its hard to say "Lets face it, most of us wouldn't think the original 3 Star Wars films were all that good if we were in our 20s and 30s when we first saw them. " because lets face it, in the 70's there wasnt anything remotely like Star Wars. It was a different time, a completely different era. me and you grew up with Star Wars as commonplace, the people that saw this movie when it came out didnt know what was coming next. I know that looking at the movies now they have a cheesy aspect that can be annoying, but they look like emmy nominees compared to the 3 prequels.
  13. QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 08:55 AM) Rosenthal pretty much thinks Roy is gone He mentions teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies, Cubs, Dodgers, Angels, White Sox, Brewers, Mets, Rangers and Braves being teams interested. Teams who have the most ammo to aqcuire him are the White Sox, Angels and Mets. Obviously the White Sox package would be centered around Aaron Poreda. Were likely looking at Poreda, Richard, Flowers, and Getz as they are looking for MLB ready talent. The Mets would have to give up Fernando Martinez along with others. . many think they will be too reluctant to give up their best prospect for another expensive pitcher. The Angels have an influx of middle infielding talent. It didn't impress the Dbacks enough to pry away Dan Haren. However, it may for Halladay as he only has 1.5 years remaining on his deal. The question is. How much are you willing to give up for 1.5 years of services? Like i said before, if he signs an extension after a deal than i would be all for it. He mentioned Beckham as well. End of negotiations
  14. Kyyle23 replied to Chisoxfn's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 11:08 PM) watched return of the jedi over the weekend on spike... I think it's stupid how they edited the ending to have Hayden Christiensen appear as Anikan Skywalker. If Luke Skywalker saw that guy, he would have been like "WTF? Who's this dude? He's younger than me!" Also, why does Darth Vader revert to his young self, while Yoda and Obi-Wan are still their old selves? However, I guess you can say Anikan Skywalker died a long time ago and when Luke made Darth Vader find the light side again, he freed Anikan, or something like that. I dont know of any director that has come back to a moneymaking franchise like Star Wars and managed to completely ruin it for the foreseeable future like Lucas has.
  15. QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 7, 2009 -> 03:05 AM) You've got to wonder if he can stay healthy the rest of the season and hopefully into the postseason. We're going to have to play great to make the postseason I fear. Last I checked you pretty much always have to play great to get in to the postseason.
  16. Ok why is Edge walking into the ring today with Jericho if he blew out his achilles on Friday? This isnt a pre-taped RAW is it?
  17. b****in about Baseball tonite QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 21, 2005 -> 09:38 PM) I just watched, and they didnt mention the Sox hardly at all. Instead, they focused on how good the Cubs would be if Carlos Zambrano was their closer. What a crock.
  18. QUOTE (brendol @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 04:33 PM) People keep questioning poreda's secondary stuff, but it has looked decent from what i have seen so far. Of course we havent seen that much, but it has looked good to me. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/media/vide...tent_id=5244805 The change he threw in the first strikeout looked pretty nasty. going from the 95 mph fastball to a 78 mph changeup, ill take that. The only thing im unsure about is how deep he can go into games. It seems like he averaged around 6 innings per game in the minors. hopefully he can go further than that. I'm not too high on clayton "the mask" richard. I see him more as a long relief type pitcher. Welcome to Soxtalk!
  19. QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 03:44 PM) Just wanted to put this out there for those that might be interested. http://www.triplethreatsports.com/ Note: I am not affiliated with triple threat... just passing this info along. Whatever man, we see through your little payola scheme
  20. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 11:35 AM) I shut the game off before the first level was over. Thank goodness I rented it. The game is mindless, just point and click and pull the ghost in, and Venkman makes some jokes. I'll watch Ghostbusters for better jokes. I agree its pretty linear, and the jokes are pretty lame. Its still fun though, Its been a while since I have seen anything Ghostbusters, and me and Abby are having fun playing it.
  21. Kyyle23 replied to shipps's topic in SLaM
    I dont know why I am bothering wishing him a happy birthday, he isnt going to be coherent enough to read this for 3 days
  22. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 07:47 PM) Bad guess. You see how you get rumors started kyyle...you commie f***. I bet it is someone in the news building they work at. CBS right? It has to be one of the reporters they send out for weird stories
  23. QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 07:44 PM) Does anyone know who Rongey was hookin up with? Holmes was talkin on the radio with him yesterday saying how he hooked Rongey up with some nice piece of ass that everyone would know who it was and would be impressed but they wouldnt say who. I was guessing Finch. you think she is stepping out on her husband for Rongey? lol
  24. I dont know about you guys, but I am reading some of the stuff the ex-boyfriend is saying, and he is kind of being loud about being in the know about everything. Dont know, but he might be an alternate suspect
  25. One of my favorites to watch back in old WCW was Rey Mysterio vs Billy Kidman. Those two used to put on a show, a non-stop spotfest with little to no errors between them, and they sold everything very strong. Before the both of them bulked up and lost all of their mobility and spring in their steps

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.