Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(mreye @ May 23, 2007 -> 10:39 AM) Holy cow! Awesome! Congrats! Eeek! I'd better stay away from my wife, we don't need anymore! Congrats, Mike. Thanks BTW These things happen in three's... Oh wait, I guess we are too late
  2. Wow if you think about it, they could lose $50 million in payroll after the World Series very easily.
  3. QUOTE(Steff @ May 23, 2007 -> 10:33 AM) LOL, all 5 of you. A lot of traveling, some medical stuff, and most recently, baking a bun. Threadjack!!! Congrats PS, you have to share the recipe, because we have one in the oven as well!
  4. QUOTE(RockRaines @ May 23, 2007 -> 09:34 AM) Maybe the Sisco for Matt Murton swap? I would be shocked if the Cubs were willing to give up Murton for Sisco.
  5. That's scary considering the Twins do their best work at raiding other teams farm systems...
  6. I get the feeling the Sisco for Prinz swap will happen today.
  7. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 23, 2007 -> 07:54 AM) Daily News reporting that Giambi flunked a test for amphetimenes within the last year. If this is true, then he is one hell of a person to be saying that everyone needs to apologize for what they did, considering he was still doing performance enhancing drugs. Where is his suspension then?
  8. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ May 23, 2007 -> 08:29 AM) But he looks good in his $600 haircut. I'm uninterested in this whole matter for the most part other than to agree with both sides in part. The college lecture circuit is what it is, the markee speakers have been getting obscene engagement fees for a long time, and I wish to hell I could land that kind of gig. At the same time, it would have been a slam-dunk for Edwards to have stipulated that his fee in this instance be donated to Oxfam or some other high profile poverty relief organization. It would have made a big difference if he had done it ahead of time. If he does it at this point, he is pretty much pandering to stop the "controversy".
  9. QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ May 23, 2007 -> 08:00 AM) Close to it, but I don't think Massett's start against the Cubs was a QS, I think he went less than 6 innings. Nonetheless, it was a good performance by him, and the staff is the only reason the Sox are still close to a playoff spot Yeah, Massett's preformance ended that streak by the way the stat is written, but it might have been one of the most impressive starts during that timeframe.
  10. I kinda figured Danks would struggle last night, but it was nice to see him battle through the adversity. Javy Vazquez should sit next to this kid on the bench.
  11. They said last night they hope to have him back for this weekend.
  12. A more interesting "protest" of sorts against high energy prices... http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4828035.html
  13. I CAN'T WAIT!!! There are soooo many possibilities for this.
  14. If he is throwing 97, how could you not take a look at him?
  15. QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 23, 2007 -> 07:24 AM) oh, i'm not suprised. just like the irony of the situation. The guy is a multi-millionaire ambulence chaser who is talking about things like poverty, enviornment, health care reform, higher taxes etc. He is a walking contradiction.
  16. Wow, Chuck has been just awful so far from the looks of it. Honel was solid again.
  17. No finale review? I missed it.
  18. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ May 22, 2007 -> 10:06 PM) Karma was a real b**** to Memphis and Boston. Don't throw games, kids. Jack Roy Randolph Aldridge Oden *hides* QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 22, 2007 -> 10:23 PM) I dont know how they can keep Randolph now, he has to be on the trade market. They probably are going to want a guy who can play the SF position for him. There isn't a chance that the Jail Blazers let Zach Randolph stick around to poison their franchise player. They are going to trade him for the first thing that comes along, just to get rid of his influence.
  19. Weren't you the same person who asked for dating advice on here a couple of months ago about a sticky situation involving a girl who would probably go back to her old ex?
  20. Happy Birthday Yoda and Bhambarons, to a couple of excellent posters
  21. QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ May 22, 2007 -> 03:07 PM) LMAO. Listen let's just come to the conclusion that Darrin Erstad is fine. He is not great and he is not horrible (as much as it pains a few of you). He is unfortunately the most consistent hitter in our lineup as of now and he has been doing a decent job in a position he was not signed to do (lead off). Obviously he (along with Pods) are not the answer to our outfield long-term but that is who we have right now. There is no reason to cheer for them to fail as it seems some of you are doing. I swear I think some of you cheer for guys like Pods and Erstad to screw up so you can bash them. They may not be your favorite players (and I respect that) but cheer for the guys on your team! That's kind where I was going with things. I have never understood the irrational hate of a member of your own team, except in Jaime Navarro type situations. Erstad has been one of the very few guys who has come in and given the team more than their money's worth for the 2007 season.
  22. QUOTE(mr_genius @ May 22, 2007 -> 06:56 PM) i know, it's just funny to me that he charges $55,000 to talk about poverty. I don't know why you are surprised...
  23. QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 22, 2007 -> 03:37 PM) Gots it. Right now, sites are saying S6 should be out in the fall, and S7 might be out as soon as a week after the finale. When I go back to Bloomington on Thursday, I will start watching a couple episodes a night, starting from the beginning through the end of S5. My lame excitement for the summer. I always said Bloomington knew how to party!
  24. LOL... Jimmy Carter wants his strategy back... We have been trying to destabilize the Irani government since the Shah fell.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.