Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
A little advice...
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Apr 16, 2007 -> 12:15 AM) This reminds me of the days of Beastly. Good call abooz
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 15, 2007 -> 12:51 PM) Hahaha Best cubs joke I've seen in a very long time. Printed and passed around the office!
-
Oden, Conley....AND Cook leaving?
I saw a write up in the Trib on Sunday denying that Oden and Conley had made their decesion, with a quote from Conley Sr.
-
(Breaking News) 2016 Olympic Announcement
Never underestimate Rich Daley's machine.
-
Bush wants a "War Czar" for Iraq, Afghanistan
QUOTE(Soxy @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 04:24 PM) To be honest, I agree with your general principle. I don't think we can just leave Iraq in a mess that we, basically, created with the war. But our current strategies are obviously not working. So, unless we're going to change strategies (and I have no idea to what) I don't see this getting any better. We need to change something somehow in our approach over there (and I don't count the surge as a new idea), so I'm not exactly sure what fresh ideas are being brought forth. All I know is if we keep doing the same stuff (that isn't working) then we're never going to make any headway. But I don't think we can, in good conscience, leave it in such a mess. Great so we have begun fighting this just like Vietnam. We might as well pull out, because we have already quit.
-
White Sox vs. Indians, 4/15/07 (L)
This is a big one. This is over .500 and winning this series.
-
After CY and McCarthy, which former Sox prospect
Besides the obvious two, I don't think any of them are going to do anything bigger than the guys we already have.
-
Chicago Symphony Orchestra and the White Sox
December 6, 2005 It took how long for someone to notice this article...
-
we're in for a fun afternoon and night
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 03:12 PM) IIRC, Mike said it would be a cold day in hell when you received an MBA And it was a pretty cold day at Wrigley Field...
-
(Breaking News) 2016 Olympic Announcement
AWESOME!!! I can't wait two years to find out if Chicago gets it or not!
-
LOST! thread
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 02:23 PM) I edited this link into my earlier post, but its worth posting again. A VERY cool resource on all things LOST: http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Main_Page yeah, i was just checking that out from the first link. Very cool stuff. This one is pretty cool too. http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/
-
we're in for a fun afternoon and night
Yikes, that sounds like the storm we got in August that about destroyed half of the town.
-
LOST! thread
Yeah I keep waiting for the Walt/Michael thing to re-emerge. No detail seems to be innocent in this show, and it would be super-anticlimactic for them to be "home".
-
Bush wants a "War Czar" for Iraq, Afghanistan
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 02:12 PM) Yea, that's true... but why? Why is Dubai so different then the rest of the Middle East? Well for one thing they are pretty tolerant of different people and ideas...
-
LOST! thread
It did come as a surprise to Ben and the Others, so that seems pretty plausible to me...
-
LOST! thread
I thought we knew the plane crashed because the button didn't get pushed and the magnet brought it down... Or do you have another sinister plan in place?
-
Bush wants a "War Czar" for Iraq, Afghanistan
QUOTE(kapkomet @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 01:34 PM) This is a difficult one... because I don't think the ideals of Islam and "capitalism"/"democracy" really coincide. Am I wrong about that? And, if they don't coincide, then you all are right, and we really are wasting our time. They seem to just fine in Dubai FWIW.
-
Prior Injured for Life
Prior needs to leave the Cubs. He will never, ever be successful with them.
-
LOST! thread
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 01:08 PM) I'm hoping it's the smoke-monster! That was my first thought, with its re-emergence after Kate and Juliet last week. I guess we will see.
-
LOST! thread
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 12:52 PM) This was just posted on Aintitcool.com What sad is I was really hoping for the DeGroot flashbacks. Ooh, I wonder which "mystery" they are talking about? There is a whole load of stuff that happened that they have never gone back to.
-
2007 AL Central Catch-All Thread
Wow, great deal for Cleveland, bad deal for us.
-
Oh Imus...
QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 12:48 PM) How fast does Imus have an XM gig? Or at his age, grab a hoe, plant some veggies, retire to the ranch, and call it a career. Now THAT Is what got him in trouble in the first place!!
-
A little advice...
QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Apr 13, 2007 -> 12:43 PM) When it comes to cheerleaders eating popsicles...I'm serious! Especially if they are in a mascots uniform!!!
-
Is the Sox-Cubs rivalry the same for non-Chicagoans?
I don't see liking the two parks as mutally exclusive. I loved the old ballpark, but totally understood needing a new one. The Old Lady was done for. More than anything I would have loved to see the skyline involved in the stadium's view somehow ala Cleveland and Detroit.
-
We are Chicago Baseball
I really admire the work that this ad agency does. 2X4 productions has done some great work on the Sox behalf. The only team that competes in Chicago with the Sox marketing-wise is the Bulls, and I am sure they use the same companies.