Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 02:43 PM) If the whole system is going to collapse...i for one would have liked it to do so before they reprocessed all that plutonium, rather than after. Their program has never been interputed, even when we had "agreements". The only difference is it has been more "public" at times vs other times when they hid it better to keep receiving their bribes. This agreement will be no different.
  2. What should Pax do if the Knicks pick ends up as the #1?
  3. I am happy to see that pre-sales are so high. I am curious to see what our season ticket base # is, and how many tickets we sell before opening day.
  4. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 01:46 PM) Mariano Rivera made a similar threat to the Yankees yesterday, that really caught me by surprise. Whoa, I missed that one. The Yankees seriously collapse without Mo at the end of that pen. I'd bet both Toronto and Boston pass them if Rivera leaves.
  5. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17124042/
  6. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 11:33 AM) Transcript. The irony is that I don't think it will work any better than the 1994 agreement, and even if we had done the agreement 6 years ago, it wouldn't have worked then either. I imagine we will be at this point again in the future, because NKs economy is a shambles, and they will need to hold the world hostage for something again soon enough. Our best hope is for Il to somehow exit the picture, and the whole system just collapse. At least then someone could get some influence in the country while they are rebuilding it.
  7. QUOTE(YASNY @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 12:15 PM) That'll be the end of that. Thank God I wasn't holding my breath
  8. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    I voted for CCR. I loves me some John Fogarty
  9. Wow. I don't know that there is a right answer for something like this. As long as she is old enough to understand what is going on, and how she has to act at an event like this, I would say it was OK. It really depends from kid to kid.
  10. QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 09:36 AM) OK, this is pretty badass. Someone reversed the "brainwashing" scene from last week's Lost. Starting at about 23 seconds in, the phrase "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" can be heard, repeatedly getting easier and easier to hear. Here's a link to the reversed video. Let me say, once again, this is badass. reversed brainwash scene from Lost Wow. We rewatched the episode for specifically that scene. That is wild.
  11. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 09:13 AM) I'm so sorry. My first year of college 5 of my friends that were a year ahead were going to spend their spring break volunteering in St. Louis. 3 of them were killed by a drunk driver on the way down. It was horrible, one of my friends called me to tell me over Spring break. It was just such a shame. And so completely perventable. Apparently the drunk driver was driving THE WRONG WAY down a freeway, and the police had been called and were looking for him. Very few things make me as angry and upset as drunk driving. Very few. I feel so bad for the kids, especially the ones that the youngest victim tried to call to get a ride home from. And for the ones that survived. What a tragedy. Thanks. I agree with you, that is was completely preventable. In my friends case, this SOB was a lawyer from another state who had gotten bombed at a wedding and decided to drive his sportscar back to his hotel. Apparently the guy was doing nearly 100 MPH on one of the little state highways, and got underneath my friend's car who was going something like 30-40 mph less than he was and flipped them over. Both his and his best friends necks broke on impact and they died instantly. The guy got released on bond the next day, and was out of the state on his own recognisence. There are very few times in my life I have ever been so mad.
  12. http://www.drudgereport.com/flash4.htm GOVERNOR MITT ROMNEY'S PRESIDENTIAL ANNOUNCEMENT EMBARGOED UNTIL DELIVERY Tue Feb 13 2007 08:31:33 ET
  13. southsider2k5 replied to Soxy's topic in SLaM
    I had a college roommate killed by a drunk driver between my sophomore and junior years. I remember not believing the person who was telling me what had happened. It was so surreal, even through the funeral and everything. It took forever to set it.
  14. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 07:45 PM) So, if for example, a governor from some random large southern state were to declare during the Presidential campaign that he was in favor of regulating CO2 emissions from power plants, quite directly and specifically, even going so far as to put out specific proposals for the policy and having his underlings refer to it, despite having taken no steps at all to regulate virtually anything while he was governor, and then 2 months after taking office flip-flops and declares that he is not in favor of regulating CO2 emissions from power plants, wouldn't that satisfy your criteria exactly? (Yeah i know I belongs on the other side. I just couldn't resist on this one.) He must have been for it, before he was against it.
  15. Now starting at SS for Your Chicago White Sox Pablo Ozuna :
  16. QUOTE(Vance Law @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 06:43 PM) Also, it's a minor league deal. Does anyone know, does this mean that despite his years of MLB service, we can play him in the minors whenever we want? Technically yes, but usually with these kind of deals there is a handshake agreement that Perez could look for other employment, and be able to request a release if we aren't going to keep him on the 25 man roster. QUOTE(spiderman @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 09:27 PM) Do you think that's Sicso will spend the 07 season being converted to a starter ? God I hope so. If we do this right, he could be competing for replacing Buehrle in 2008. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 09:38 PM) Breaking out the quote machine tonight. Oz has some MAJOR faults, but I do think he has learned and gotten better in certain area's, and the use of the bullpen could be an area that Ozzie improves on this upcoming season. I believe Ozzie and Kenny got some of "Their guys" this off-season, and you might see a quicker hook for the starters.... The more I see of it, the more I think the bullpen was used so little because of how bad it was, not because Ozzie has a man-crush on his starters. He obviously had zero confidence in anyone down there for the middle innings, which is why Kenny completely remade the pen in the last year. It will be interesting to see how he uses it now. QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 13, 2007 -> 12:40 AM) Sisco converting to a SP would really help in '08/'09. I really think starting is this kids calling. The rule 5 draft just screwed up years of his growth.
  17. Spam 'em if you got em Welcome to the 10K club!
  18. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2007/02/12/D8N8CB980.html
  19. QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 02:01 PM) Ya it's minor league deal, but he will make the roster I bet. Cool. It will be interesting to see who's spot is in danger, or if they are expecting someone like Uribe or Pods to not be able to go at the beginning of April
  20. QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 02:03 PM) She's far too young to remember that song Ss2k. Yeah, that's the best part
  21. Welcome back, Your dreams were your ticket out. Welcome back, To that same old place that you laughed about. Well the names have all changed since you hung around, But those dreams have remained and they're turned around. Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya) Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya) Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've hot him on the spot, welcome back, Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.
  22. Is this a minor league deal, or did we drop someone from the 40 man?
  23. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Feb 12, 2007 -> 10:05 AM) Anyone that says that they would accept 3 80 to 90 loss seasons in the hopes of one world series are not being totally realistic. We all said for years, if only they could win one world series I would be happy. Well guess what they did, and 90 win seasons are still not good enough. If we went to 80-90 loss seasons it would cripple this organization for a long time. KW is protecting an investment, that a lot of season ticket holders and partial owners have. Does everyone want to win the world series every year, sure. Do you want to toe the line and spend the season ticket package plan to keep the team afloat over the next 3 years while the team is the marlins. NO. Thank you for being honest. I remember when people used to say stuff like that all of the time in response to that question. Oddly enough, all of the people who said they didn't care what happened as long as the Sox won a World Series have all disappeared.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.