Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. 25,000 a big deal? maybe in a year Congrats spamsox!
  2. Even as a biased baseball fan, you HAVE to have an AS game at Yankee Stadium in its last year. It wouldn't be right otherwise.
  3. This is really bad news. If all they are announcing is a one year deal, that means we couldn't get a multi-year deal done. Bye-bye Joe.
  4. To be honest, this has to go on more than we ever can imagine. Corporate spying is done by most governments outside of the US because many countries either heavily subsidize, or even own key industries and companies.
  5. Interesting. I only know of one other guy who was negotitated by JR... (I am guessing that if Kenny isn't negotiating this deal, the big boss is.)
  6. southsider2k5 replied to matt's topic in SLaM
    Two guys, a girl, and a Pizza Place
  7. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:36 PM) I just "Scruted" the interview, didnt I? I dont know where that word came from, people just use it around the office when they mess things up. Pfft. We have been saying "Gaged" around these parts for almost 5 years now.
  8. QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 09:19 PM) Crazy. I never would of guessed you could drink water to death, or drink yourself to death...or, I give up. It is actually a serious illness. There are people who are not allowed to bathe by themselves because they try to drink up all of the water. It's one of the stranger things I have ever heard of, but it does exsist.
  9. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    Saw "A night at the Mueseum" over the weekend. I liked it better than I thought I would. It was a little predictable and cheesey at parts, but still a nice rental IMO.
  10. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 04:48 PM) A sweetheart deal in a bill that she didn't author and whose "exclusion" was placed in by the delegate of the affected area which has been overturned. If this was business in usual, that exclusion would still be there. No, not at all. If things were different, they wouldn't be already trying to get around their own rules for political gain.
  11. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 01:49 PM) I just read about that on nbc5.com. What would cause that to happen? I know it sounds funny, but there is a very presise technique based on height and weight of the hangee. There is very precise placement of the rope, size of the knot, length of the noose, length of the rope from noose to wooden pole. Getting these things wrong can result in what you saw here (decapititation) or the neck not breaking and the victim being strangled to death instead.
  12. QUOTE(whitesoxin @ Jan 15, 2007 -> 08:35 PM) So today I started my final semester of high school and had my first day of Media Arts. I got seated across from an extremely preppy "cool" girl. After looking around and seeing who was in the class she said to her cool friend, "Ugh, there are only three people in this class"....inferring that anyone in the class who was not cool could not be recognized as a human being. There were roughly 25 other kids in the classroom, but they don't count for anything in her eyes. I just chuckled to myself and smiled when I heard her say that because it was so ridiculous that it was funny. Greatest years of your life, my ass. God I hated HS, and people like that were exactly why.
  13. This was just in the Sunday Trib http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi...1&cset=true
  14. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jan 14, 2007 -> 08:49 PM) Funny how every freakin business in Mexico, except Pemex (gasoline), accepts US dollars and we think that is normal or fine. McAllen's economy recieves hundreds of millions of dollars in sales from Mexican Nationals. South Padre Island lives off Mexico tourists. We spend hundreds of thousands of dollars attracting these tourists. I'm LOL at how ignorant some people are about international commerce. Well there is one big difference there... The dollar is the world's currency. The Peso is barely accepted where it is minted. The only other currency that even sort of comes close is the Euro, and that is still a long way away from dollar status.
  15. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 13, 2007 -> 06:28 PM) Link. Well its nice to know that all it takes is a little bad press for Nancy to change her mind...
  16. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:14 PM) Immigrant Labor. You don't think this will piss off INS. Trust me, they are the biggest idiots in the world if they have illegals working for them right now.
  17. I saw 1.99 gas for the first time in a LONG time.
  18. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 02:47 PM) How about Jim smacking Dwight in the face??? Dwight: I don't let anyone walk behind me. 70% of attacks come from behind. Jim: That leaves 30% that I will attack you from the front. Dwight: But I would see that coming and be able to block it. SMACK! That was the funniest scene in the whole episode. The look on Dwights face was priceless.
  19. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 02:44 PM) Seems more like a marketing ploy than anything else. FWIW, you can pay with dollars at any McDonalds or Burger King in Europe. That's exactly what it is. Now everyone is talking about this place. This was all free advertising.
  20. LMFAO!!! Please tell me again we shouldn't be loading up on arms right now...
  21. Its a brilliant business plan, as long as they don't get beaten up too badly in the currency risk.
  22. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 09:35 AM) Yeah, I'll just miss all the regular Dwight/Jim interactions until he comes back. Jenna Fischer has said (many times) on her blogs that all the regular cast members have long term contracts, but I'll still miss Dwight aroudn the office. Though it would be hilarious if he ends up at Staples. . . Yeah, that could make for some great story lines.
  23. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Soxy @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 09:01 AM) Good episode. I loved it when Phyllis told Karen she could pay her back later for the makeover. The look on Karen's face was priceless. And the sales calls were totally awesome. And I CANNOT wait to see what Angela does to Andy. That will be *awesome.* I'll miss Dwight though. He was probably my favorite part of the show. Dwight isn't going anywhere. The show would be over without him. In all seriousness, he is probably the least replacable character on the program.
  24. QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 07:16 AM) After years of experience ,not so much with myself but family and friends a .08 doesnt have you swirving all over the road.I will give you that it can have an effect on a milla second decision,maybe it was just the grace of God that none of my friends and family have been hurt with a couple cocktails in them. Do you guys carry a breathalyzer with you out to the bar?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.