Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    That was another classic episode. Jim and Dwight teaming up on that sales call was great. Especially at the beginning where Jim has the picture of Young Jim, and talks about how much he wishes he could tell him...
  2. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 07:00 PM) I do apologize if that was insulting - not my intent. What I am saying is, the Dems have so far talked nothing about raising taxes, and only hinted at reversing Bush's cuts. And the way some people are talking, its as if we are all going to get a big old bill to pay for a bunch of new programs. In reality, the Dems passed PAYGO legislation in the House, forcing some degree of fiscal responsibility. I just wish people would acknowledge the reality that SO FAR, the Dems have only done POSITIVE things in regards to financial and tax issues. Instead of pointing at all the supposed negative things they MIGHT do. So wait, we are not supposed to read into the parties actions anymore? I get to read crap on here such as conspiracies involving Bush manipulating world oil prices for reelection, and I am not supposed to speculate on why the Dems are doing the stuff they are doing? Please.
  3. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 01:05 AM) The perception after Somalia was simple. If you kill Americans and draw blood, the american public will not have the stomach for it, and will want to get out. Its what our adversaries count on. This is why withdrawing right now is a bad idea. IMO this war was fought wrong. Bush wanted it both ways, he wanted to topple the dictator, and then make nice with the natives. So instead of just going in and winning this thing. We fought it enough to get the "technical" win, but left too much of the infrastructure of war up that could be used against us. When you fight a war it should be to win. You dont embed reporters in your army if you are trying to win a war. Now its just a mess, and we have 2 problems. I agree with this, and would add to it, the PR front. We have been so worried about glossing over war in the press, that we have never once tried to confront this thing from head-on like we should have. The right has been too worried about what the Dems are saying in the press, instead of ignoring them, and worrying just about the war, they keep trying to fight the war and the Dems. Forget the Dems, and win the war. Its like Hawk always said about trying to hit Johan Santana. You can't sit on both pitches, or you will always be in between. You either have to sit on the fastball or the change up. Well I guess you could call the right, the Sox, because they have been inbetween the whole time. Sit on the fastball, and give yourself a chance.
  4. QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 12, 2007 -> 03:22 AM) The Resignation Letter Wow, the section about the factual errors was the most interesting part of that letter. Its one things to have opinions differ, and feel they are clouding judgement. Its quite another to just flat out be wrong on a bunch of occasions.
  5. QUOTE(klaus kinski @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:44 PM) Tell me something thats dumber than trading for Neal Cotts, signing Ted Lilly and Jason Marquis? Signing a guy who has had over 300 ABs in a season once, to a 4 year contract?
  6. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:47 PM) You and I certainly agree on the aspects of the oil price. I think we're near a bottom and I would go long if I had some money to invest. But I don't. One of my favorite all time trading sayings... "People who pick bottoms, get s*** on their fingers." In other words you are much safer with the momemtum, then you are against the tide. Let the market turn before you make your move.
  7. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:03 PM) Gossage might get in next year because the "first-time eligible" class is not worthy: Brady Anderson, Andy Benes, Delino DeShields, Shawon Dunston, Chuck Finley, Travis Fryman, David Justice, Darryl Kile, Chuck Knoblauch, Mike Morgan, Robb Nen, Tim Raines, Greg Swindell, Randy Velarde, Mark Wohlers If he doesn't get in it might the first time, since 1996, that NO ONE is inducted. I'd argue Raines deserves in for sure... other than that, there isn't a HOFer in the bunch.
  8. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 02:05 PM) I have been playing around with stocks, ETFs and funds for years. And I work closely with the futures industry. So its been very tempting to open a futures trading account. Then again, being close to that crowd, I am very aware of the virtually infinite level of risk involved. If anyone here has ever done it, and if you know a good firm to work with for a very small-time trader, let me know. PM me.
  9. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 01:43 PM) I'm just not seeing this as a move that will change much of anything. An over the hill Beckham isn't going to bring millions of viewers to the MLS. On top of that, are Americans really going to go out to the MLS stadiums because David Beckhmam is coming to town? I can't speak for real MLS fans, because I'm not one of them, but I would think they are knowledgeable fans, and know that Beckham isn't really going to bring a new level to the game, it's more of a publicity stunt. Are they really going to come out more because of that? I don't think just because his game isn't like it used to be, doesn't mean he won't attact a crowd, especially in a continent that hasn't seen him in person before. Look at the crowds that came to see a guy like Cal Ripken in his final go round... People will go just for the curiousity factor, and history shows it.
  10. Crude was down another $2 per barrel today on reports that dispite the "cuts" OPEC production is actually up. Crude looks to be settling about $52, with gasoline breeching the $1.40 mark, settling in the area of 1.3900
  11. You can't look at this generation as much as the next one. We are currently seeing kids in school today for the first time in US history who have had playing soccer as an option since they were little guys/girls. 15 years ago when I gradutated HS, we didn't have a soccer team at all. Now you can start playing at Age 4 and play all of the way through until you leave for college. Now if you throw a face onto US soccer, plus having a full generation of kids playing it for the first time, and mix in that it is a truely neutral gender sport (there are huge followings in male and female scoccer)... You could be looking at explosive growth.
  12. 14 members of Carter's advisory board have resigned in protest over his new book. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16579676/
  13. And yet people are listening, and probably calling in to argue with him... turn it off and quit wasting your time.
  14. My prediction? His weight will be 50 points over his BA, as he loses his job because he wasn't in condition after this off-season .185 5HR 22 RBI
  15. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:04 AM) Thats cause nerdy girls can be really hot. So you are probably right about the guys. Still I don't see why they wouldn't consider changing it up for a season just as a change of pace. They couldn't find enough smart girls to make that show
  16. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:53 AM) What I love about Jack Bauer is that 24 hours can pass and he doesn't ever need to eat, drink, sleep, or go to the bathroom. This is what his sixth day in a row like that? Those mystical Satirs have nothing on him! LMAO. Can you imagine if they had an episode with Jack in the bathroom for like 20 minutes.
  17. Dubai is HUGE money. They are undertaking some absolutely incredible projects over there right now, including the rumored biggest building in the world.
  18. southsider2k5 replied to bmags's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:55 AM) The thing looks neat, but the way I see it. Phones are to be used as phones. I'll give it text messaging - but that's it! Seeing as I hate cellphones, because people can call you on them... I don't even like that functionality
  19. southsider2k5 replied to LosMediasBlancas's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:06 AM) Good point. PL is too adult for kids and too simple for adults. Not sure who the target audience is supposed to be. Gage?
  20. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:11 AM) Without Randle you guys would have been toast. Damn, it would have been nice to have that road win. Durant >>> Oden right now at basketball. Of course Oden plays a tougher position and has all the skill sets so he'll be the #1 pick, but a team will be getting an absolute superstar when they draft Durant. I heard a Jordan=Durant, Oden=Olajuwon comparison from the 84 draft the other day... It will be interesting to see how that plays out.
  21. Any of the ones who have gone to ultra-skinny. Ribs are not sexy, unless they are covered in BBQ sauce.
  22. QUOTE(Pale Hose Jon @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 09:58 AM) Looks like David Beckham is going to the LA galaxy in a deal that will pay him 250 million dollars. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id...465&cc=5901 Wow. This could be the move that mainstreams soccer in the US.
  23. http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa...260BBCDB1E0E553
  24. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 09:30 AM) They didn't get any of them. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6251077.stm f sakes... It figures. At least it wasn't our officials saying that they had done it.
  25. QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 05:18 AM) Expect the complete opposite of this. The venue has changed and the attendance limited to combat the problems of the last 2 years. This one will likely be the best since the ones of the mid 90's. Those were fun. I am guessing it is going to be way better this year, not many people are going to be able to go between the way smaller venue, and the way more expensive prices to attend. I know I am priced out of the market. I might be able to get up for an evening, but no way can I afford that kind of money for the Fest itself.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.