Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Sidenote to this thread... This election cycle is going to cost approximately $2.6 billion
  2. QUOTE(knightni @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 11:39 AM) The major news organizations read Soxtalk.com. That's all you can say. Along that vein, I was wondering is this a recycling of the same story, or is it someone actually doing a little research?
  3. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 10:15 AM) I'd like to see a separate thread on this from the great minds of soxtalk - a serious thread on election reform and how we try to fix the problem. The two party system sucks because the real ideas get hijacked by the extremes. It sucks the way it is now, and most Americans are in the middle, figuratively and literally. More accurately my first step would be to reform campaign financing.
  4. QUOTE(Adam G @ Oct 24, 2006 -> 10:04 AM) Texas is already picking up a big chunk of it. But NY is under no obligation to pass that money on if they trade Arod.
  5. No world wide draft? No trading of draft picks? No slotted salaries for draft picks? No salary floor/ceiling? No HGH testing? Meh, glad to see Bud really pushing to change things that need fixing...
  6. If the Sox sign a Japanese pitcher this off season, it won't be Matsuzaka... It will be either Hiroki Kuroda or Kazumi Saito, the later who actually put up better numbers than Matsuzaka.
  7. Smoking gun or smoking pile of crap? http://www.wbbm780.com/pages/112524.php?co...ontentId=228251
  8. So the Dow goes over 12,100 yesterday with another big trading day... Don't expect much right now as the fed is meeting which means zzzzzz from stocks until the announcement is made. The big note from yesterday in the world of big round numbers is that Berkshire Hathaway closed at $100,000 per Class A share yesterday for the first time ever. When Warren Buffett took over the company in 1965 the stock was at $18 a share, or a return of 555,500% on that original share price... not bad.
  9. QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 07:34 PM) Where's the conspiracy posts that Cheney got him in the "witness protection" (ahem... ;) ) program the day before he died? He must not have saved enough money from Enron to invest in a Presidental pardon... QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 10:12 PM) True, and hard to determine what is appropriate. But when you add up the thousands of people bilked out of their retirements and/or their jobs and/or the value of their company stock, you can't help but come to the conclusion that he and Lay (and Fastow too if he hadn't cut a deal) should have been getting more than a slap on the wrist. DING! You really want to prevent corporate fraud, let every individual who lost their job or income because of these guys count as one charge in the indictment against these people. If a guy goes on a killing spree they don't just indict him on one thing, why should white collar crime be any different? Next up should be civil suits against the individuals for their damages.
  10. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 23, 2006 -> 11:05 AM) Looks like I landed a job with the Daily Herald sports department. Congratulations
  11. QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 16, 2006 -> 03:24 PM) Good place for Busty Daker Interesting idea... bad philosophical fit. This views of offense and pitching are very different than Oaklands.
  12. A pic from SI.com... July 20th against YOUR Chicago White Sox which we just happened to lose 2-1...
  13. I can't believe that the Cards are not screaming from the rooftops about this BS. Its completely obvious that was pinetar on his hand and not "dirt".
  14. My new favorite quote of all-time Justice Scalia http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/J/JUD...-10-21-20-02-29
  15. Worst.Kept.Secret.Ever.
  16. southsider2k5 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    Great episode last night with the Pretzel Day... only 364 more days...
  17. southsider2k5 replied to SnB's topic in SLaM
    For Vegas you could do something really wrong and dress up like Rep Foley somehow...
  18. He regrets pissing off everyone, not getting bribed to quit, and the test failing.
  19. And I guess its refreshing to know that on the other side of the fence there are just as many narrowminded stereotyping elitists with nothing better to do than call people names rather than actually contribute anything to the discussion.
  20. QUOTE(longshot7 @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 01:40 PM) I love Obama, but I think running in '8 is a mistake. Establish a senate record and run at the next open opportunity. A Senate record is exactly what he doesn't want/need. The more votes you make, the more chances you give the other side to tear you apart.
  21. QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Oct 19, 2006 -> 01:16 PM) Desmond=Jesus? No, no... Desmond has a barrel in the marketplace.
  22. A little old, but appropriate...
  23. I have no fear of flying... its the hitting the ground at a high rate of speed which I fear
  24. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 18, 2006 -> 11:51 AM) So, it turns out Obama may be seriously looking at a Prez run in '08... http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politic...ll=chi-news-hed I must say I'm surprised. As I've said, given he earlier was adamant about not running, I thought in his case, that would stick. I may have been very wrong on this one. I am going to intrude into here to reiterate that he has been looking "Presidential" for quite a while now... Barack has been leaving way too many open doors for a guy with no interest in running this during this cycle. I even heard speculation that it could simply be trying to pump up his book sales ala Powell, but I don't think that is it.
  25. To be perfectly honest... I am surprised it took this long.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.