Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 07:54 AM) Will you be joining in the chorus of YMCA? ^ Winner! I actually saw the original Police Academy on TV the other day and couldn't believe I thought it was funny 20 years ago
  2. QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 08:31 AM) Steff, I was wondering the same thing. I can't believe at that time they had other, more promising leads. The only thing I could think of was time and money. Perhaps there are so many wackos like this they don't have the time and money to check everyone out. I am guessing that things have only gotten worse since this time, but apparently over 200 people "confessed" to the Lindberg baby kidnapping.
  3. Happy Birthday
  4. QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 07:55 AM) Glad to hear everything is ok. Maybe you and Jim can swap storm stories . . . After his 04, I think he would "win"
  5. So much for quietly surrendering to the Spaniards.
  6. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 05:16 AM) 5:15 AM and I'm working my lunch schedule already. I see a fish taco in my future. Not certain if it will be from The Blue Oyster Bar (Voted one of the top 20 Beach Dives in America) or Dirty Al's. Anticipation . . . Lets see how many people catch this one
  7. We are fine, we sustained no damage ourselves. My moms house had a tree fall on a back porch and practically sheer it right off of the house. We haven't had power since about 6 pm last night, and Michigan City and all of the surrounding towns are basically disaster areas. The power is on in some areas, and completely out in others. There are massive old oak and maple trees down everywhere, which made getting around interesting. I have seen it storm like that exactly once in my life, and that was when I was ten and one summer in Texas we rode out Hurricane Alicia. I haven't seen anything since that approached it. But like I said, we are safe and OK, and the reports are by some miracle of God, at least so far no one was hurt or killed in our area. Please keep the area in your prayers as there are a lot of people who lost houses and the like.
  8. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 01:26 PM) Since when? Since I finished lunch...
  9. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Soxy @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 01:22 PM) Get a (lunch) room you two! I'll have you know I am not that type of guy!
  10. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 01:16 PM) Did you dip it in your BBQ sauce? I double dipped it
  11. It could be worse... we could be Cubs fans
  12. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 12:40 PM) Are you gonna eat your pita bread? Done
  13. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Half a Chicken meal from Chicken Planet, and I will steal Soxy's line and fine this an acceptable lunch
  14. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 08:20 AM) Nice!!! What school board? And do you have a campaign website? The website is currently under construction, and I already own the domain name. I am going to set up a blogspot here today, if I have time, to get some thoughts down and out out for public consumption. I am running for one of the two At Large Rep positions on the Michigan City School Board.
  15. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060822/people...dia_cruise_dc_1
  16. Damn Get well soon Aaron
  17. This is the second time in a couple of months that Dylan has said this... Does he have a new album or something coming out?
  18. QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 07:39 PM) Silva just tied a Twins record by giving up 5 HR in a game. Bert Blyeven (shock!) also gave up 5 for the Twins I think it might have been against the Sox in something like 1984 or 1985 right? Didn't he give up the record of 50 homers in one year? All I remember is that the Sox middle of the order used to kick his ass like nobodies business, especially Ron Kittle.
  19. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 09:49 AM) Canditiate Southsider is almost official. I have my petition to be put on the ballot for the School Board election, and am in the process of getting the 10 signatures and notary stamp to make it "official". It is now official.
  20. I'm sorry Good luck Los, see ya on the other side!
  21. I am tired of the motherf***ing violins on a motherf***ing plane!
  22. QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 01:37 PM) All I can figure out is nuclear annihilation and complex wars are too much for most people to grasp. They can't do much about a nuclear bomb getting dropped, but we can protect children from this kind of idiot. At least we think we can. I'm rambling here and not making sense, but it seems we avoid the stuff we have seemingly no control over and jumo on the stuff we seemingly have control over. Does that make sense? I was thinking about the police work in this case and how most crimes get solved not by police work. Has the Brown's Chicken murderer(s) been caught? A couple of years back when the DNA technology advanced enough, someone had actually saved a piece of chicken from the crime scene that one of the murders was eating. They went back and DNA tested it, and got a match IIRC. Let me see if I can find the story. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 01:39 PM) A couple of years back when the DNA technology advanced enough, someone had actually saved a piece of chicken from the crime scene that one of the murders was eating. They went back and DNA tested it, and got a match IIRC. Let me see if I can find the story. Here is the link to a site that includes the press confrence transcript http://www.pcgraffiti.com/PalatineNews4.htm
  23. QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 21, 2006 -> 10:13 PM) I don't know why Brian Anderson gets let off the hook by so many fans. Has he proven he can hit yet in the big leagues? I mean I like his defense as much as anybody but you can't tell me he's done better than Rowand did. Again, I like his defense and his potential I guess, but Brian Anderson does not appear to me to have star potential as a hitter. I know ... Crede took a while too. We shall see but to say we'll have one of the best cf's for the next six years, I dunno about that. Even the biggest Brian supporters have to admit he has been a C- at the plate to D plus to go with his A-plus work in cf. Am I the only one who remembers the Aaron Rowand HATE that went on here for a year and a half/two years because Arow was god awful at the plate when he got here? A few years back the trade Rowand threads were as prevelant as the Vazquez sucks threads are now. Not every kid comes to the big leagues ready to go like Albert Pujols. Even if they have the tools, it may take some time to learn how to use them. So far Brian has shown solid progress which is all you can ask from a rookie in a pennant race. The other thing he has done is HELPED the team on defense, which all by itself is a plus. Brian will come around, and soon enough everyone will forget about the times when everyone was crucifing him. Heck it has already started to some extent.
  24. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Aug 22, 2006 -> 12:13 PM) This is kinda sad when you think about it. 171 people die in a jet airliner crash in Ukraine today. Iran replies in the Nuclear Showdown that's ongoing. The UK is planning on a 50% withdrawal from Iraq within the year. And the lead story on two of the three cable news websites is this dude getting sent from California to Colorado to maybe, possibly stand trial on a 10 year old murder case. And on the third news site - its story two. ^^^ Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that... But I guess nuclear annailation doesn't rate that high on the news anymore, does it?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.