Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
SS Help
LMAO. With the way Cintron is going, you will not see the Sox trade for another SS.
-
Daley: Chicago Would Be 'Ideal Site' For Olympics
Here is the latest update on the Chicago olympic bid... Two options being floated about are to either build a temporary stadium, or they could tear down McCormick Place East and build an Olympic Stadium there. http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-oly12.html
-
HS Senior rips his own graduating class.
The funny thing is that it, little does this guy know that these are the kids who fail out the first year of college because they have no idea how to be students.
-
Ozuna
QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 12, 2006 -> 12:30 AM) Pablo in centerfield? Are you on crack? There is no way that Ozzie would put him there. Besides, I think Anderson is starting to come around. Ozuna is one of those guys who is important off the bench, and maybe, if you'll platoon anyone, it'd be Uribe and Cintron. But not Ozuna in CF. Um, you might want to have an apology ready in your back pocket. Ozzie has been working out Ozuna in CF both to get him ready for interleague play, and as the back up for Mackowiak when Anderson serves his suspension.
-
Gay Tax protest...
- Des Moines Register Dem. Presidential Poll
QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 06:15 PM) This poll is too early. Edwards, Kerry and Clinton are 1-2-3 because they have already campaigned in Iowa (Edwards anf Kerry in 2004). They are known commodities. People like Bayh, Warner, and even Richarson (not in the poll) will do a lot better when/if they start advertising and doing appearances. This poll, at this stage, is a 2004 popularity holdover. And I really don't think Vilsack has a chance outside Iowa. Thank you. I don't care which side of the aisle the poll is for, it is so early, that poll is only useful to line my catbox with. Get back to me in a year from now...- Iggy's family reunion?
Or so the government would have you believe...- update on duke rape case
Isn't this the same person who said something to the effect of making sure she got her attention/money/publicity out of this case, who is making these statements???- Should the KKK be allowed to protest at historical sites?
These people rank down there with the assholes who protest at funerals, except lower.- Happy Birthday danman31
Happy Birthday Dan- arow coming back?
QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 11:59 AM) I will say one thing, if Aaron is really on the block, I have absolutely no doubt that Kenny would go out and try to get him. Kenny knows CF is a potential hole and he knows that Aaron would not only fit in the clubhouse, but he'd immediately fit in the field (his defense would work) and he would give a little offense as opposed to BA. However, I don't think Aaron is on the block just yet. But it seems like Philly papers think the Phils are already out of the race, so maybe the Phils are stupid and ready to make a knee jerk move. I will say one thing, and this isn't just for Philly. If one team were brave/dumb enough to start selling assets before everyone else, they could make a killing as there are not that many teams that are sellers right now. Most teams are trtying to harbor the image that they are still in it, no matter what.- Visitors to SoxTalk
The search engine catelogues the site for later searches. It happens all of the time.- White Sox inspiration yesterday?
I know anyone who watched yesterday's game on TV saw Victor Martinez's lengthy celebration after both of his HRs yesterday (or if you listened you heard Farmio talking about throwing at people for stuff like that), out of curiousity, does anyone think that might have fired up the Sox enough to spark the rally to win it in the 11th?- Coulter calls 9/11 widows "witches"
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 07:43 PM) Mary Matalin, former counsel to Vice President Cheney and assistant to President Bush, and current Treasurer of the campaign of Repub. Presidential Hopeful George Allen (and wife of James Carville btw) refusing to condemn Coulter and arguing that the outrage is misplaced. Who doesn't hold on office...- Complete and total Democratic hypocrasy
QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 12:22 AM) House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi requested the investigation start on Jefferson and when the evidence began to mount against Jefferson, she also asked him to remove himself from the committee he is a member of because of possible conflicts of interest. Please don't lump the Congressional Black Caucus which has its own agenda with the leadership of the Democratic party. All thought it is a fair request, I would still love to see the same respect paid to the religious right, and fiscal/small government conservatives...- Gay baseball players
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 05:15 PM) Uhm. . . You forgot the big Soxtalk wedge issue: The *$%#@!! whackjobs who put ketchup on hotdogs!!! Hey you *@% keep the *&*%ing government off of my @%%&%E%& Hot dog!!!- Uribe
QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 11, 2006 -> 02:12 AM) Put it this way... how ever much better cintron's offense is over uribe's is not greater than uribe's defense over cintron's. Not even close. Stick with cintron and you will see his head being called for when he has two errors that cost the sox and goes 1-14 in a three games span. Same goes for mackowiak and anderson... and i really am not a fan of anderson. Thank you qwerty. BTW, we definately haven't seen enough of you around these parts lately...- Congratulations Agustin Montero
I know that he isn't the most liked guy in the world, but Montero has been effective since he got back here.- AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&a
QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 03:57 PM) Tell us again how amazing Fat Bob is, you Fox assholes. Gotta love the psuedo-DJ jinx magic going on in the 11th... "Wickman working with 24 straigight saves dating back to last year..." "Batteras are 0-16 with runners on base this year against Wickman..." LMAO!!!- AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&a
HELL of an 11th inning. NEVER SAY DIE!!! Tied for first place, at least for the moment- New roids story
QUOTE(samclemens @ Jun 10, 2006 -> 10:46 AM) i just hope that it leads to bonds. No offense, but f*** Bonds. Everyone in the whole world knows Bonds was juiced. I don't give a s*** about Bonds anymore because we all know. What I want to know is who else. I want to konw if the 50% number was indeed true. I want to know who in management and ownership knew about this stuff. I want to know who is on the stuff today.- 6/10 Game Thread
Come on Buehrle. Now is the time to break the CC streak!- Anderson's game saving catch last night...
I gotta say, anyone who couldn't appreciate the show that Brian Anderson and Grady Sizemore put on last night, probably should find a different sport to watch. I love pitching and defense.- Leyritz admits Amphetimine Use
QUOTE(henry wiggins @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 01:45 PM) Some people feel that amphetamines, or greenies, differ from steroids/HGH in that greenies don't give you abilities beyond your normal limits-- they get the fog of a hangover off a player and return him to his normal abilities for a game, where steroids and HGH actually change the player's body and therefore his ability to perform, and they promote quick healing of injuries that the body could not achieve on its own. If it was in your normal ability, you wouldn't need speed to give something to you...- Hangar18's Chicago NewsMedia Watch Thread
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2006 -> 02:18 PM) Wait, so you are saying attendance is an indicator of how popular a team is, and therefore how much coverage they should receive, I thought you were just telling me that isn't true? It makes no sense to say that attendance during the 70's means that the Sox were more popular and therefore received more media coverage, but now the Cubs have higher attendance and more media coverage and that is a bad thing today. That arguement doesn't work both ways. I would need to see actual amounts of media coverage all of the way back for this to be anymore than a theory. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 9, 2006 -> 09:43 AM) Out of curiousity, are you counting the Adam Greenberg signing as a Cubs story, and not the story about the Tigers and Sox? Otherwise the numbers don't add up. If so I would like to see your logic explaining how a guy signing with the Dodgers is a Cubs story, but a story about the Tigers not going away is not a story about the Sox??? I am still wanting to see your answers for these two posts... With the first one, I want to see all of the numbers that you have complied so far. I guess you have back to 2002 so far, right? I'd still like to see them all and dig into the trends involved. To me I would guess that if this were a true conspiracy, there would be more of an effort to put down the Sox when they are doing better, mostly through either writing more Cub stories, or less Sox stories. For the second quote, I still want to see how you can explain the contractiction of your accounting methods. - Des Moines Register Dem. Presidential Poll