Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
College Financial Aid
QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:36 PM) There is a ton of money to be had out there; you just have to dig it out. Can a mod please move this over to SLAP to help this guy out? Thanks. An Admins work is never done.
-
The Gigantic all encompassing TRADE THREAD
QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:22 PM) You also have to remember the Sox have a zero-sum salary structure. They can't really add a Jason Schmidt or AJ Burnett without subtracting enough to carry the new salary. This is 100% wrong not only has Jerry Reinsdorf gone on multiple media outlets to say that there was still money in the budget, but attendance is also up over 10%, which is the primary determining factor in increasing payroll. I did some quick and dirty figureing just a 10% increase in attendance this year (which it could be way more) would result in about $10 million in new revenues for the Sox. Potentially the Sox could be sitting on $15-20 million extra to spend, either this year or next, maybe more with a deep playoff run, and a big jump in 2006 season tickets sales.
-
Fireworks offenders..
QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 01:22 PM) There was crap on my solar cover on the pool this morning.. But no pee, right?
-
Of course El Caballo............
EDITED
-
Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT
Also remember to make your picks to clicks for the weekend if you are going to be away from the computer for the holiday, and get your YNOT picks in before the first pitch tonight.
-
NBA Undrafted Players
Any word who Coppenwrath is going to camp with?
-
How I learned to keep worrying
QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 12:10 PM) Mike, post #27 (mine) from the game thread belongs here, I spent some time on that one, can you move it here ... much appreciated. Most of these arguments in the game threads stem from blanket all encompassing statements that tend to be made by a handful of posters ... I try to ignore them when the game starts but this is a good time to discuss them and I appreciate them being moved from the game thread, they don't belong in there. Not a problem Jim...
-
Brandon Allen
Montgomery Texas's own Brandon Allen. :texas (imaginary texas flag smilie)
-
How I learned to keep worrying
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:51 AM) I started this thread? I understand my post is the first in here and somebody has to be the one who "started" this thing, but I hope this thread doesn't make me seem like more of a b****er than I'm already seen as. Please note, I have not b****ed at all in this thread. It wasn't anything personal, it just seemed to be a good spot to start cutting. It could have been any number of people, that just happened to be where I decided.
-
How I learned to keep worrying
All right guys, I am splitting this whole arguement out of the *GAME* thread. Can we rehash this for the zillionth time somewhere else, or even better, not again?
-
Yay -- my first published article
Some mod you are, toot your own horn and don't even print it... Congrats... But now I have to read the article and hate your antiAmerican, antisemite ass some more.
-
Sandra Day O'Connor retiring
To anyone in the know... Are their any conservative females would could be picked since it is specifically a female that is stepping down?
-
Soxtalk Rides
2004 Black Impala with the sport package, spoiler etc 1997 White Lumina with moonroof and electic everything.
-
the new headset cell phone law
Its pretty stupid actually. Studies have shown that it isn't really the act of getting the phone, it is the talking on the phone distracting you from driving that is the problem. A couple of studies have shown that talking on a cell phone makes peoples reaction times equivilent to being moderately drunk.
-
Sandra Day O'Connor retiring
You think Congress hates each other now? Wait until after these confirmation hearings...
-
Sandra Day O'Connor retiring
Breaking news on CNBC...
-
Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT
It gives me the chills to go into Oakland with them streaking. I get the feeling I am not going to want to even read a bit of the crap that some people are going to be posting if this series goes how I fear it will.
-
Define Small Ball Please
No one believed people who said that the Sox were going to hit a lot of HRs this year, and now everyone seems shocked that they are. Why? All you had to do was look at the line up to know that at least half the starters weren't going to be bunting.
-
Happy Canada Day, eh
And for you American's who have no idea what I am talking about... http://www.pch.gc.ca/progs/cpsc-ccsp/jfa-ha/canada_e.cfm
-
Google Earth
Downloads have been stopped for now. I didn't get it on my computer at home http://www.redherring.com/Article.aspx?a=1...rnetAndServices
-
6/30 - Sox vs. Tigers Game Thread 12pm CT
QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:24 PM) wake up Gracia More like wake up Widger, that was not a tough ball to knock down.
-
Cubs Jokes
QUOTE(The Critic @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:00 PM) ....you DO know that I moved.....right?.....or did I not tell you?..... So you'll call me right?
-
6/30 - Sox vs. Tigers Game Thread 12pm CT
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:04 PM) I'll put this post in there... You're in. I just posted your pick, but the thread is still open. Did you look at the wrong day?
-
6/30 - Sox vs. Tigers Game Thread 12pm CT
QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:02 PM) I just went to make my pick to click and it is locked already. I noticed a few picks were Podsednik. Whoops. Im going with Rowand, I think he is going to snap out of his funk now that he has been dropped in the lineup. I'll put this post in there... You're in.
-
Marte to the DL
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 02:02 PM) An inanimate carbon rod can save a space shuttle full of astronauts and be the employee of the month at a nuclear (pronounced nuke-you-ler) power plant. It could surely out pitch Kevin Walker. And it could also be used to bash Walker in the head, thus rendering him unable to pitch.