Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
GET WELL SOON BULL!!!!
I just read about the back problems from yesterday's game. Hopefully it is nothing serious, because Charlotte needs you!!!! Take care and get better big man!
-
Marte
QUOTE(BuehrleTheAce @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 09:44 PM) I tell ya, it sucks living in NY and not getting the games on WG-Cubbie-N like I used to. I have to follow the games on Yahoo! so I don't get to "see" the cool action, only the results. I also have Marte as one of my setup men on my fantasy roster and I was finally pleased that Guillen decided to use him twice in pressure situations this past week. I don't know what he did, all I know is he pitched two fairly solid, scoreless innings. Even though he walked a batter and gave up two hits, he came through in the clutch. I have the utmost respect for his abilities, especially considering how under-used he's been this year. 'Grats Damaso! Go Sox! Try the chat during the game. You get a much better description of the live action as someone is always watching.
-
4/23 Games
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 11:03 PM) It makes you wonder a little more with each outing if Honel really deserved that 40-man spot over guys like Bull. Its looking more and more like he won't keep that spot for very long.
-
Cubs
QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 10:30 PM) After reading the Sox gamethread tonight, the Cubs let that Sisco kid (pun intended) go as Rule V draftee. Ya think they may be regretting that move? I was thinking the samething after watching the kid pitch. He has a live arm and could make an excellent closer.
-
Happy Birthday Capn12!
Happy Birthday Capn!!!
-
Sox @ Royales with cheese (4/23 @ 6:10 p.m. CT)
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 07:05 PM) I would still like to see Widger catch Contreras some time. I like AJs attitude as a match to Contreras's stubbornness. Widger can stick to guys like Garcia and Buehrle who can call their own games.
-
Chicago Bears Draft Thread
Well I hope Ron Turner knows something we don't...
-
Sox @ Royales with cheese (4/23 @ 6:10 p.m. CT)
See how much better the forkball looks when it is the compliment to a 96 mph fastball, and not vice versa? 6 ks in 3 IP for Jose.
-
Sox @ Royales with cheese (4/23 @ 6:10 p.m. CT)
Contreras again featuring the fastball more often than in years past.
-
Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)
QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 04:28 PM) Yes, like Negra Modelo. Also like Modelo Especial, the non dark beer they produce. For Mexican beer, try Bohemia. It's in a brown bottle, and it's a Mexican ale, one of the few if not only Mexican ales out there. Fantastic taste ... IMO much better than Tecate and way better than Corona. Corona is terrible. Tecate or Dos Equis are way better.
-
Cubs
LMAO, they could get swept... BY THE PIRATES
-
Mark Mulder
Wow, that is impressive. The Cards did a great job of reloading this year.
-
Jaret Wright (there you go qwerty)
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 03:23 PM) This could be the White Sox lucky year. Wright seemed to be going to the White Sox this past winter until Steinbrenner threw a wad of cash his way. He has been getting lit up this season, and left today's game with a sore shoulder after giving up 3 long ones. His ERA actually went down today, and is a tad over 9.00. I was so glad that the Yankees outdid us on this guy. Wright had Atlanta-fluke written all over him. El Duque might not be healthy the whole time he is here, but I think we will be happy to have him over Jaret.
-
We win and we get respect.
QUOTE(ISF @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 02:22 PM) Uh, just because I'm not prostrating myself before the groin does not mean I don't think this is going to be a special year. I very much like the team overall, especially the pitching. I was not being sarcastic, I like the trend. So you can drink a cup of shut the hell up now. Or you can just crawl back under your bridge... :rolly
-
Uribe Sac Flies
QUOTE(ISF @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 02:17 PM) That's fine, it's not for your entertainment. I will be using it until I feel like calling him Pud again. Of course the groin's game was more impressive. But that's what it is....one game. As for Uribe, my point wasn't about comparing him to the groin. My point was that the guy had 3 hits and people are talking about sac flies. That's like the groin getting his 3 SBs and people discussing his fine character in the clubhouse. So he deserves a hokey nickname over a minor injury that costs him 5 games, when he hasn't been hurt at all in his career? Where is the correlations there?
-
Ordonez calls Sox skipper his 'enemy'
Kenny is in Ozzie's camp http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines
-
Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 01:30 PM) Some of what beers? The Hoegarrden and Bells? Find a good liquor store, and they should have both. Especially since Bells is a Kalamazoo product, you should be able to find it almost anywhere. But you just need a decent store and some people who know good beer (fine beer, the fancy stuff), and I know of two of us in particular on this site, or you can explore: www.beeradvocate.com Though Beer Advocate is FULL of snobs. But the reviews are much more accurate than those at: www.ratebeer.com O.K., off topic, sorry. But it is a silly thread. I'll take a looksee for these. Thanks
- Twins/Tigers postponed today
-
Congressman Hyde (Republican - IL) speaks...
QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 11:38 AM) what happened to this story??? drudge had a link to it that was expired... It was on drudge later that day that WLS radio retracted the story... oops.
-
The Mendoza Line...
QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 10:36 AM) There were many many dump Rowand threads during the first half od last season. Those people were wrong, and they are wrong now. NO way I will forget the "Dorn" threads.
-
We win and we get respect.
QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 10:22 AM) If you notice the other posts he made at the same time last night, ISF was definitely being sarcastic. ^ Exactly.
-
We win and we get respect.
QUOTE(ISF @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 11:48 PM) Comparable starts in franchise history: 1912, 1919, 1935. Somebody call Jostens.... Who pissed in your cheerios? Every post you made was negative towards someone else. In case you missed it, the Sox have the best record in all of baseball right now, and I don't see the reason for people not to enjoy it while it lasts. Now you can go back to your puppy kicking.
-
Missouri man spits in face of Jane Fonda
QUOTE(YASNY @ Apr 23, 2005 -> 03:37 AM) Of course, the holocost is only a myth too. :rolly And the sad thing is you can find tons of websites and books that will say exactly that. That's why you have to becareful what you read and who you believe. My grandmother used to read books that said aliens started the civilizations in Egypt... does that mean we are all Martians?
-
Do you have a problem?
In general yes I have a problem with Ozzie's mouth. In regards to Maggs, no he had every right to say what he did. But the thing is we all know that this is Ozzie and it isn't going to change.
-
Awful Experience at Sox Park (Cellular Field)
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 07:42 PM) Wit beers get the orange, and a Weiss gets a lemon. Oddly enough, they are both virtually the same creature. But the reason for the fruit wedge is also to take some of the bite of the wheat off of the beer. I personally don't like food in my beers, and usually will have the wedges left out of my weiss. Blue Moon = VERY mediocre though. Try a Hoegarrden for a really nice version. Or for a domestic of the style, try and find Bell's Winter White. YUM! Personally I love Blue Moon, outside of a real Canadian beer, it is my favorite. But I want to know where the heck I would find one of these beers? I live in a town of 30,000 people so there isn't a lot of variety...