Everything posted by Harry Chappas
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
The DVR is god but on an other point. Lalime was incredible all weekend. Not to point out the obvious but this team really needs to generate scoring opportunities on a more consistent basis. The third and fourth lines are non-existent and hardly generate anything. The defense was pretty solid. Gotta say Barker and Jordan have looked pretty good. I am not sure if it is Williams and Toews being out or Havlat looking like a shell of himself but the number 8 spot in the playoffs would not be pretty if we had to face Detroit. As for the future, why can't the Hawks handle Habby/Lalime like the Wings treat Hasek and Osgood? They were pointing on CSN last night but the rest for Habby could be a good thing in the long run. Take all of this with a grain of salt as I thought Kevyn Adams was a defenseman..........
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2008 -> 01:35 PM) The "big" move went down. link Watch out for this pointless move. The stocking of the 4th line commences. Does this mean Perrault or LaPointe are out the door? That'd be swell, especially the latter. This team loves forwards that can get you 20 points (usually the 8G / 12A) for a season.
-
ozzie looking at colon
I still think this move predicates a bigger move of either Floyd or Danks in a deal with the likes of Roberts or Figgins with the announcement delay being the trade in principal being agreed upon prior to signing Colon. I like Colon if they are intent on sending Danks to AAA or if they are looking to move Floyd or Danks..............
-
Roberts to Cubs Deal Dead
QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 09:39 PM) Neither is going to be, you should know that -- three of Murton, Cedeno, Gallagher and Marshall is what it'll (likely) be. My hope is that Baltimore gets Murton and the two starters -- that would give the Cubs no depth behind their back of the rotation. If they are relying on Marshall and Gallahger their season is in trouble anyway. I believe they will include something to get back Mora to add depth to their bench and include Pie.
-
Brewers reportedly sign Mike Cameron
If you were the Brewers would you trade Ryan Braun for Tim Lincecum?
-
Michigan Primaries Thread
I am not as poitically savvy I suppose but what is the deal with the Michigan primary regarding Democrats?
-
Floyd vs. Danks
Danks will have to outperform Floyd, Sisco, Massett and Aardesma to make the team this year. Wheather it is fair or not I am not sure but those guys being out of options and the fact that Danks tappered off last year puts that whole group in a competition along with Wasserman and Boone Logan. The aforementioned out of options guys will be given a better chance to make the team than those guys that have options.
-
2007-2008 NHL Catch All Thread
Anyone think Lalime is being showcased? Also looks like Hendry's stock is greater than Barker's right now. The upcoming draft's pick could look really enticing to a team as well. I think the Hawks have more than enough youth and could use the Bulls as a nice model of what can happen with relying on to much youth.
-
Roberts to Cubs Deal Dead
QUOTE(gosox41 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 10:33 PM) Long term this isn't a great trade for the Cubs, but for a team going for it now, I'd seriously have to consider throwing in Pie to get a guy like Roberts. Bob Who plays CF for the cub if they trade Pie? Fukodome? Resign Patterson? An outfield of Soriano, Fukodome and Ward...... I am really not sure how much better the cubs are this season and the NL has really improved. Any learning curve for Fukodome and they could be in trouble.
-
Soxfest 2008 Jan 25-27 PALMER HOUSE HILTON
Can anyone help get me two for Friday I'll pay decent money for them.
-
ozzie looking at colon
Colon on a one year deal with a club option would be a wise move if the team is going for it next year. Let Danks move to AAA and gain some seasoning. He is also prime to fill in for a guy to hit the DL or replace Floyd if he bombs. Floyd will be in the rotation at the end of spring as he is out of options. If he embarasses himself in April he can be sent down as teams will already have had their guys in place for a month and are less likely take a flyer on him than before the season. Colon is notorious for holding back and not going all out. He seems like the kind of guy that will throw 85-90 through the end of August and then throw 93-97 for the month of September.
-
Roberts to Cubs Deal Dead
I think Hill is overrated but he is better than Roberts. I also think Pie will be no better than Brian Anderson. Pie has failed as much if not more than Anderson IMHO. Without Hill that rotation would be an utter disaster although in that pathetic division it may still be enough to get eliminated in the first round once again.
-
Santana to the Mets?
This move would make the NL a whole lot stronger considering the strength of the NL West. The NL Central may not have a team over.500 as I do not think a single one would be over .450 playing outside of the division. The landscape of baseball is odd in that teams are focusing on youth yet there are teams giving up half a farm system for one player.
-
2007 Post ASB White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 09:12 AM) Why Deluca+ is a moron. Maybe Chris should consult the Billy Beane guide to stealing, or the stay on first and never steal manual. Just because a guy doesnt steal in Oakland, doesnt mean he is slow. The only slow one here, is Chris. Why Chris Deluca is not so smart. Only in the world of Jay Mariotti journalism is it better to be a part of a fictious deal rather than up the ante and be outbid for a real deal. By being a part of the the moves noted below, teams paid higher prices that they would have had the Sox not been involved. The cub has made one move this offseason and are now tied to Roberts which they may haveto overpay. The Sox were major players for Fukodome, Hunter and Cabrerra and ended up with a better move (Swisher) in the end I beleive. Maybe it isn't the glamorous over bidding mortgage busting move but I think it is better. They also picked up a gold glove shortstop and possible back of the bullpen guy...... Yep sounds like the cub has had a much more productive offseason. Chris deluca, Carol Slezak and Moronitti really have no business writing about sports as they really do not absorb the reality of sports nor do they understand the environment of sports. I bet they all sit around and pretend they are Ray Romano and simply write something that looks good on their compuiter screen. That article is wrong on so many levels.
-
Clemens on 60 Minutes
QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 10:21 AM) Non confrontational question here. Just curious. How do we know Clemens didn't call the kid? I don't
-
Clemens on 60 Minutes
QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 07:08 PM) Well he did email Clemens to call his son.But I dont believe his son was living at the same place as his son.But everyone has caller id and he could have seen when it was Clemens and set the record.Pretty concievable this day and age. That was how I understood it. McNamee left a message asking Clemens to call his very ill son as his son loved Clemens. Clemens did not call his son and instead tried to bait McNamee. I also believed that McNamee and his son are not in the same place so a call to his son would be contacted by McNamee. Nobody is even saying how s***ty it is that he not call the sick kid that has nothing to do with Clemens who Clemens knew and instead tried to set up McNamee. This whole thing starting to set Clemens up for disaster as it appeared that McNamee really felt bad for doing what he had to stay out of jail and Clemens is starting ot look liek a real jag off.......I wonder if McNamee ahs some real evidence against Clemens. You notice Bonds never pissed on Anderson's Cheerios and Anderson went to jail for him. McNamee has the cards in this thing if he has some good stuff and as Pratt has stated, he could turn Clemens into Pete Rose.
-
Roberts to Cubs Deal Dead
QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 11:06 AM) Trading Marshall pretty much locks either Dempster or Marquis into a rotation spot, doesn't it? THAT ain't good for them. Plus, Soriano seems to have a mental problem about batting anywhere but leadoff, so how would he adjust to that? Doesn't trading Marshall force Marquis AND Dempster into the rotation and deplete their farm system. Who am I missing? Zambrano-Lilly-Hill...... That offense will be good but the rotation could be really bad. The sad thing is that Marshall and Gallagher are not worth Gio Gonzalez alone and Cedano is nothing.
-
Crede Minors Question
Can Joe Crede be sent to the minors? I only ask this as the White Sox have two players who can only play third. If at the end of spring training only one can be sent down, can Joe Crede be sent down without it counting toward free agency (ala Mark Prior last spring)? Then could he be broought up in June or July or be traded to another team and not have free agency status after the 2008 season? I know this is an expensive AAA player and on a personal level a s*** thing to do but he could be the second best 3B in the organization at the end of spring training if he is not 100%. He then can prove in his healthy at AAA and cost Fields MLB at-bats. If Crede is not healthy he can prove that at AAA.
-
Skiles Fired
Per CSN Sportsnite, Pete Meyers is the coach for Wednesday's game and an interim FOR THE THE REMAINDER OF THE SEASON will be named after interviewing the three assistants. If I understood correctly there is no hope for this season. As with all teams Chicago except the cub they will go on the cheap as Skiles as being paid through next season.
-
The White Sox and Alexei Ramírez agree to 4 year deal
I like this move better than overpaying for the other outfielders available. For some reason I think this is and Quintin are going to be things that we talk about as being huge offseason moves. These are the things that KW is good at. Imagine if he went really hard at Brian Roberts and Bartolo Colon........
-
Confirmed interest in Prior
QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Dec 21, 2007 -> 12:51 PM) The Pedro signing was pretty bold, imo. 4 years for a guy with a lot of questions. Beyond that I'd agree. I guess you could call the Milledge trade bold, if bold means foolish. Minaya is like Mariotti. It is easy to spend other people's money.
-
Confirmed interest in Prior
He has assembled a great rotation. What exactly has he done?
-
Roberts to Cubs Deal Dead
QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 10:24 PM) That's an exception. That's the exception. In my mind it is the exact same thing. They are the bitterest of rivals due to the fan base. That is why college rivalries are that big. Any rivarly to be a rivalry has to have a dislike for the opponent. The greater the dislike, the greater the rivalry. I think true blue Boston fans hate the Yankees where as Yankee fans only need to point to the fact that there is 100 years of success behind their claim. The cub v. Sox rivalry stems from the fact that the cubs are treated as an elite franchise while up until 3 years ago they went over 30 years without have back to back winnign seasons. The Sox treated as a cheap franchise in the national media nad the cub are a media darlingyet the results do not prove this.
-
Sox interested in Crisp?
QUOTE(sircaffey @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 11:19 PM) The problem with that thinking is, you can say similar things about a lot of organizations not just the Sox. The Sox just don't have much at all in terms of impact prospects. I don't agree at all. I think Fields and Danks if not rushed would be impact prospects. Floyd is still young and has the stuff. With Floyd and Owens you need the good old rose colored glasses a little bit but there is something there. I hark back to the days of Jason Bere. Not a-lot was thought of him (at least I never heard of him) and he came out and lit it up. DLS and Egbert could be impact by the trading deadline and very expendable depending on what happens in June.
-
Sox interested in Crisp?
QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2007 -> 08:53 PM) None of them would count on any prospect list right now, as they've all had too many AB's/Innings pitched to count as a prospect for anyone. Exactly. Now if Haegar pitches out of the #5 slot all season, the bullpen holds water allowing Floyd and Danks to stay in the minors all season and post a sub 4 ERA, Crede stays healthy and the Sox stay in the race and keep Iguchi to finish the season, where is our minor league system ranked. s*** if Owens plays the whole year down there and puts up a .350 OBP with 60 SB's everyone would be talking how great the farm system was. Guys were rushed and it hurt our BA farm system ranking. The Sox have not drafted high in years and this has hurt the farm system. I understand the sky has fallen and the season is over but I think I will stick around and check it out.