Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

caulfield12

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by caulfield12

  1. "I've known Jerry for a year and a half," Grifol said to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times. "Nobody wants to win more than he does. I know that for a fact because I'm the one who gets phone calls, and I talk to him. I get text messages. He is 100% committed to winning. And he is extremely knowledgeable about the game of baseball."
  2. JR loves this quote...
  3. White Sox have zero pressure to win and compete. Tigers were aiming for at least second or third place after this off season.
  4. The biggest problem was the replacement for Renteria...not really a debate about the need for someone else with more winning/playoff experience who could "take that next step." There were a lot of other names out there like Bochy and Hinch at the time, for example.
  5. However, Pham did acknowledge that he was thrown out easily at home plate, perhaps directing some shade at third base coach Eddie Rodriguez for sending him on a relatively shallow fly ball to left field. Pham certainly looked like he was prepared to fight, loosening up his shoulders like a boxer as he walked to the outfield. He's been in the news before for altercations, most notably in 2022 when he slapped Joc Pederson over a dispute in their fantasy football league. Earlier that season, Pham challenged Luke Voit to a fight after a hard slide at teammate Tyler Stephenson. Last year in San Diego, Pham got into a verbal altercation with a fan who was heckling him in the on-deck circle. The fan claimed that Pham was looking to pick a fight, but Arizona Diamondbacks manager Torey Lovullo defended Pham, saying he was taking plenty of abuse from Padres fans. Perhaps fortunately for all involved, the White Sox and Brewers don't play again this season. So there shouldn't be any concern over Pham revisiting his hostilities with Contreras. https://sports.yahoo.com/white-soxs-tommy-pham-says-hes-always-prepared-to-f-somebody-up-after-confrontation-with-brewers-william-contreras-225356495.html Feels like he definitely belongs in the NL...
  6. 3B coach will be the one he's fighting with by the end of this, lol...
  7. https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/40264442/tommy-pham-fighting-words-brewers-play-plate
  8. Going to the Dodgers was suicide for Dan Evans. Lots of managers and coaches have moved on successfully. Kim Ng. Dombrowski obviously, on the front office side.
  9. "Third base coach sends you, you gotta go," Pham said postgame, per Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times. "I'm nailed out at home, by a mile. I'm going to the dugout, and I hear tough guy with all the hoorah s%*#. I'm never starting anything, but I'll be prepared to finish it. There's a reason why I do all kinds of fighting in the offseason, because I'm prepared to f--k somebody up." White Sox television announcer John Schriffen swiftly defended Pham and the team after the incident. "Nah, we ain't taking that from the Brewers," Schiffren said. "I don't care how many Ls we got this year, we ain't taking that." Brewers manager Pat Murphy praised Pham's competitive nature postgame. "I like Tommy Pham," Murphy said, according to MLB.com's Scott Merkin. "He's been criticized, I know, for a number of things, but he plays with intensity and competes hard. I don't know what happened." https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2921694 Funny thing is how the opposing manager dismissed it and simultaneouslt complimented Pham. Also, Score couldn't resist another opportunity to drag Schiffren into controversy.
  10. Maybe he can join the WNBA as an enforcer for Caitlin Clark...
  11. Looked like one of the most resilient organizations in baseball, losing a GM and top manager and Burnes/Woodruff and not even flinching despite Chourios being at a sub 600 ops.
  12. Join a fantasy league (do him wrong like Joc Pederson) or frequent strip club parking lots in that case...now we can add block home plate when he was out by a mile.
  13. Former Brave...pretty sure. One of their worst trades, in fact. Did Schiffren also know which Contreras he was calling out lol? Doesn't the "real" Contreras still have a broken forearm?
  14. There are your team leaders, Clevinger and Pham. Ironic, since Pham was the one who was chirpng about Schiffren being in the clubhouse too much in the first place and trying to get too close to the players. Brewers must be laughing their heads off at an announcer trying to act all though with them like it's an MMA undercard.
  15. He should be more concerned that the Guardians are much more profitable with a sub $100 million payroll, 20 games over .500 and drafting first overall.
  16. "Oh man, he was attacking today," said Brewers shortstop Willy Adames. "He had power stuff and we couldn't do much against him. He was overpowering us today. He has an unbelievable fastball and that slider/cutter or whatever you want to call it was incredible. After the night our guys had last night, he came in and shut us out." "If you remember early on, that first, second outing, he was all out every single pitch," White Sox manager Pedro Grifol said. "He's pitching now, which is something that's really really good to see. It's just maturity, learning how to become a starter." mlb.com https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/news/garrett-crochet-showing-ace-form
  17. For Garrett? Seems split right down the middle. 50/50 is still 30% higher than Hahn and Getz lol.
  18. Ortiz with an incredible 900 ops. The Real Madrigal lol.
  19. Imagine Lee hitting #2 after how last season ended for him...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.