Chicago White Sox
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Wild Card Round Discussion
Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Is this what you think I’m arguing? There is a difference between me wanting the 300M people in this country being able to eat without having complete pandemonium / anarchy and Greg desperately wanting a haircut because he feels uncomfortable.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Again, what is it that you are proposing? Can the federal government financially support a complete shutdown of manufacturing and retail operations for an extended period of time? Show me the math on that. Ray Ray doesn’t think food processing plants should have to run right now, how do the 300M people in this country eat then? What about policemen, firefighters, and other public services? Do they have to work or do we just assume nothing will go wrong and they won’t be needed? As I said to begin with, there has to be a balance between keeping everyone safe and maintaining some semblance of a functioning economy. All the southern / rural states opening back up and not taking this seriously is a big fucking problem, but I don’t think what you guys are proposing is a viable solution either. Acting like essential services aren’t actually essential because there is a health crisis going on is simply ignoring reality. There is no doubt in my mind that US leadership has failed in its efforts to manage this pandemic, but tell me which of the more successful countries have gone to the extremes you are proposing?
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Your take on this is so far off reality. The people at our plant are well paid, have health insurance, and do get paid time off. Those who temporarily opt out will not lose their jobs and welcome back at any time. Our company would go bankrupt quickly if we stopped production and kept paying all our teammates. Is that what you want? Do you really want shut down the entire economy?
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
The union didn’t go on strike for three weeks, our company decided to shut-down plant operations to evaluate the situation and implement stronger safety measures. Believe it or not, but safety is a key part of most company’s strategic priorities.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Who is everyone? Are you actually suggesting a complete shut-down of all manufacturing and retail operations in the US? What you want is not even remotely realistic and no CEO is going to remain in his role if he acts in complete disregard to financial performance. No doubt the health & safety of US workers is important, but so is a functioning economy. There is a balance to this and you seem way too extreme on labor relation issues to appreciate that. Also, the manufacturing plant for my business is union based (one of the strongest in the country) and they have worked throughout this pandemic outside of a three week shutdown. Yes, some people have temporarily elected out over COVID-19 concerns, but the vast majority are working because they want to get paid and feel the safety protocols in place are good enough. The union did not just scream “unsafe working conditions” and refuse to work like you are suggesting. They are willing to accept some level of risk because they realize there is no perfect solution here.
-
Ex-teammate alleges Grandal took roids in front of teammates
As long as he wasn’t dipping in front of children, I’m all good.
-
Predict the White Sox 30 man opening roster
That person’s name is Carson Fulmer and he’s already on the 40 man roster and has no options. I just don’t see Detwiler being a fit unless players opt-out / get quarantined.
-
Predict the White Sox 30 man opening roster
I really don’t see them cutting someone from the 40 man roster to add Detwiler for a handful of weeks.
-
Predict the White Sox 30 man opening roster
Here are my predictions based on 40 man roster and option considerations. Catchers (3): Grandal# McCann Collins* Infielders (7): Abreu Garcia Anderson Moncada Encarnacion Mendick Cuthbert Outfielders (4): Jimenez Robert Mazara Engel Starters (7): Giolito Keuchel* Cease Lopez Gonzalez* Kopech Rodon Relievers (9): Colome Bummer* Cishek Herrera Fry* Cordero Marshall Fulmer Hamilton I think Cuthbert will get demoted to the taxi squad after five days for Madrigal. Collins & Hamilton get demoted to the taxi squad after two weeks. Fulmer gets DFAed after four weeks if he doesn’t start strong and then the worst arm out of Marshall & Cordero gets demoted to the taxi squad as well assuming all other arms are healthy & performing (unlikely IMO).
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Where I’m at right now, I’d estimate that 95% of people are not wearing masks or social distancing. I’ve literally counted probably less than 10 masks in total (excluding workers) between the hotel, CVS (two separate visits), Baskin Robbins, and driving through downtown Pigeon Forge. If you were here, you’d think that the virus doesn’t exist. In Nashville, it’s definitely much better but still probably only 50% of people at best wearing masks when you go to the grocery store.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
I’m on vacation at a water park in Pigeon Forge, TN. My family is only using the outdoor swim areas and has masks on when entering / exiting the hotel. No one outside of the workers are wearing masks (not sure I’d call it “wearing” for half the employees) and we’re the ones getting the dirty looks. Rural America either doesn’t believe this disease is legit or simply doesn’t give a fuck about anyone but themselves. I think those of you living in Chicago don’t realize how fucking bad it is in other parts of the county. Yes the numbers are bad in Texas & Florida, but I’m shocked they aren’t substantially worse. The idea of social distancing simply doesn’t exist in the south and I don’t think anything is going to change that.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
I don’t understand why 30% of the U.S. would refuse to get vaccinated. What’s the reason for that? If you’re suggesting there may unknown risks due to how fast the vaccines are being developed, I can no doubt appreciate that thought process. However, I don’t believe the 30% of people refusing to be vaccinated as referenced are doing so for that reason. These are people who simply refuse to vaccinate this particular virus, whether they are anti-science, overly religious, pro personal rights, or simply don’t give a fuck about anyone else.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
Gotta love this country!
-
Field of Dreams Game Cancelled
I thought the White Sox were the ones who came up with the idea? Find it pretty far fetched that somehow we wouldn’t be involved.
-
Top 3 Things You’re Looking Forward To
Pretty much this, although Moncada & Cease are right there with Eloy for me.
-
Amateur Draft Signings
Do you know how much going 5% over would have represented? I’m wondering if they actually had to punt their 4th round pick to get Kelley signed if Reinsdorf was willing to go to the max.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
All he had to do was offer Machado a halfway decent contract, so yes I will blame him if I get COVID-19.
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
People are jam packed in a Mexican restaurant in Nashville and none of the patrons are even wearing masks as they walk in. The south simply doesn’t give a fuck about this virus.
-
Taxi Squad Candidates
Won’t everyone on the 40 man roster not on the active 26 to 30 man roster be on the taxi squad?
-
COVID-19/Coronavirus thread
It’s crazy that many states operated as if this were the case.
-
Surprising Trade Rules in 2020
Good thing we shouldn’t (hopefully) be sellers this year!
-
Service Time in 2020
Madrigal yes, Kopech no.
-
2020 60 game sprint to the finish
That’s fine, but these guys are adults and are able to make their own decision. If they’re eager to get back on the field or simply want to make a fuckton on money, who are we to say no? I’m not suggesting your saying that, but I do get that vibe from certain posters.
-
2020 60 game sprint to the finish
You actually don’t want baseball to resume?
-
Trade Players in ST
Exactly this...great post.