Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Exactly this...great post.
  2. His value is higher now given the uncertainty around COVID-19. If Grandal somehow gets it and is out two weeks, having a quality backup option in McCann could save the season. I was all for moving him back in the winter, but no way am I giving him in this environment unless blown away.
  3. I think I’ve finally lost faith in humanity. The fact that anyone would waste even a single ounce of energy protesting a requirement to wear a mask and slow down this virus is just something I can’t process. We’re in the midst of a global pandemic on top of serious economic turmoil and social injustice and yet the thing that gets you going is not wanting to wear a fucking mask when your outside? You literally have to be the scum of the earth or just the dumbest piece of shit to want to fight this battle. I know there are bad, ignorant people everywhere in this world, but the U.S. has to take the cake and Trump’s presidency has created an environment where these people are able to be bold with their hateful or dumb takes. It’s an absolute shame what’s happened to this country with that clown in office.
  4. What in the fuck is an “anti mask rally”?
  5. Florida has got to be the dumbest state in the US.
  6. lol...you are totally right. No idea what match I was doing for the proposed schedule. Definitely have a big advantage on the AL side of things, but the NL Central should be pretty tough.
  7. Is the NL being forced to use a DH? If so, I could see Collins or Mercedes moved, but otherwise I wouldn’t expect any trades.
  8. Aren’t the playoffs back to 5 teams in each league? Not sure Robert alone is going to carry us over the Yankees, Twins, Astros, Rays, Indians, & A’s.
  9. Honestly, this is not ideal for us. We actually play a smaller portion of our games against the Tigers & Royals and now we play all our non divisional games against a pretty stacked NL Central. At least most of our games will be fun to watch.
  10. I don’t care what your political views are, Donald Trump is a horrible, selfish person and doesn’t deserve a single ounce of respect. This whole Tulsa rally and the dumb comments he made during it just reinforce that.
  11. I’m not sure what you’re arguing here though. The reality is not all players will get COVID-19 and those that do may get it for reasons other than playing baseball. But more importantly, the players get to decide if they want to take a small risk in exchange for hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars. They aren’t being forced to play baseball against their will, they can opt-out if they feel they are high risk or simply don’t want to chance it. Again, just trying to understand what you are arguing here, because I’ve seen you make this “someone might die” statement before and not really sure if you saying we shouldn’t allow guys to play baseball or what.
  12. OMFG, how can anyone actually defend this idiot? And I don’t mean this politically, dude is just a total fucking idiot who only cares about his re-election. Just don’t get how anyone can still fall for his “draining the swamp” con when he’s no different than a career politician.
  13. This Trump rally in Tulsa has to be one of the most mind boggling decisions in modern society and shows how many dumb people there are in this country.
  14. Especially when better pitchers at similar career points signed for like half of that (Snell, Nola, & Severino).
  15. I guarantee a season at least gets kicked off.
  16. Love the article! Are you assumjng Heuer makes the major league club?
  17. Fully agree. I definitely undersold our chances a bit. It’s going to be interesting how guys like Kopech, Rodon, & Madrigal fit into the equation with the shortened season. If you can’t game service time, will we just start the season with Kopech & Madrigal on the 25 man roster? And will Rodon be ready for some role if the season starts in mid July? Imagine something like this right out of the gate: Anderson, SS Moncada, 3B# Abreu, 1B Encarnacion, DH Grandal, C# Jimenez, LF Robert, CF Mazara, RF* Madrigal, 2B IF: Mendick OF: Engel UT: Garcia# UT: Collins* BC: McCann Giolito Keuchel* Cease Lopez Kopech CL: Colome SU: Bummer* SU: Herrera SU: Rodon* MR: Cishek MR: Fry* MR: Cordero MR: Marshall LR: Gonzalez*
  18. Honestly, I’m against expanding the playoffs long-term (at least to 16 teams), but in a short season with a young team and a strong Twins club in front of us why the fuck not? It’s very possible with enough development and/or luck we could actually sneak into the post-season.
  19. Does anyone know how this compares to previous proposals from the owners?
  20. Why is this bad for the White Sox? Just in hopes of landing both of them? I wouldn’t think this would have any impact on our ability to land at least one of them in this next class, but maybe I’m completely off-bad here.
  21. I’m pissed that the fans are paying the price because a bunch of billionaires can’t come to a deal with a bunch of millionaires. That being said, I’m glad Clark has finally grown a pair.
  22. Nice! Our young core loses a full season of development and team control, but hey, it would not have been enough entertainment for you so who cares right?
  23. We would have lost all the slot money attached to them and would not been able to sign Kelley as a result.
  24. So that’s got to be a huge advantage for us right? Any idea how much more space we have than the Marlins & Mets?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.