Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Yup, 100% make sense to sign a second SP to get that year of service time back.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Seems like he hit the send button too soon on that Tweet and knows the deal is done.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Where does it say multi-year deal?
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
This is happening tonight isn’t it? Just too much blood in the water for it not to.
-
Joc Pederson - Is it goin down?
I’ll never understand what the logic is behind “NL players will struggle in the AL”.
-
Joc Pederson - Is it goin down?
Yup
-
Joc Pederson - Is it goin down?
Assuming the price is right, I’d be all for this.
-
Sox Non-Tender Yolmer, Frare, Burr, Release Veiera
I think with Burr they might believe they can resign him to a minor league deal due to his injury and that they are better off not exposing him to waivers. I agree on Frare, it really seems like they want him gone.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Rosenthal does not think he’ll get six years. I think he ultimately ends up right where you said at 5/$110M.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I feel like Thursday will be decision day for Wheeler.
-
Cole Hamels to the Braves, 1 year $18 Million.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like Hamels is only in the second starter mix, which makes total sense. Now go get Wheeler and cross another item off our list.
-
Sox Non-Tender Yolmer, Frare, Burr, Release Veiera
I am somewhat shocked they didn’t keep Frare over Medeiros.
-
Cole Hamels to the Braves, 1 year $18 Million.
Lol...I was thinking the same exact thing.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I think you have to overpay on a one year deal and that’s about what he made last year.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
That‘s better than 3/$40M or whatever for Kuechel IMO.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Oh I agree, just don’t think they want to risk coming out of this offseason empty handed and that’s a real possibility if you are forced to wait out Boras.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
He has said that and Hamels is the best guy who may be willing to take a one year deal. I had him in my offseason plan in addition to Wheeler at 1/$17.5M. If this doesn’t prevent them from adding one of the big four starters (which it shouldn’t), then I think it would be fantastic to add some stability to the rotation before the Winter Meetings.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
Trade market will ugly though and don’t think we have the chips for a true impact starter. If we miss on Wheeler, I feel like Ryu is the next best alternative.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
I wouldn’t be happy if Hamels was our primary addition to the rotation.
-
Sox Non-Tender Yolmer, Frare, Burr, Release Veiera
Burr showed some promise before injury, but he’s probably willing to resign with us on a minor league deal.
-
Sox Non-Tender Yolmer, Frare, Burr, Release Veiera
This isn’t true. The signing bonus is taken as part of an AAV for luxury tax purposes. For accounting purposes, it’s spread over the life of the contract. From a cash payroll perspective I’d wager it’s part of their 2020 fiscal year. Tax wise it may have 2019 implications and is likely advantageous to pull forward.
-
Sox Non-Tender Yolmer, Frare, Burr, Release Veiera
Wow, we’ve basically have nothing to show for all that slot money we traded other than I guess Schryver potentially. Although I guess Burr could be back.
-
Brewers shopping Hader - Could pull in Mets
They’re projected payroll is only $10M less than the competitive tax threshold. Maybe they should be able to go higher, but it’s not like they are spending like a mid-market team.
-
Zack Wheeler: To the Phils (5yr 118); Sox had made BIGGER offer
What controllable starting pitcher is going to be better than Wheeler? Because honestly, I can’t think of many that will be available and not cost an absolute fortune.
-
Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread
We don’t have the pieces for a Josh Hader unless we’re willing to trade one of the can’t miss guys.