Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Kind of reminds when the Yankees signed Andrew Miller (almost same exact contract) coming off one elite season and that deal worked out really well for them.
  2. It’s really bizarre.
  3. Getting that extra year is absolutely the right strategy. Have him spend two months in AAA slowly building up innings and getting that rust off and let him be an x-factor in the second half.
  4. Aren’t you happy? I thought you were a Padres fan now?
  5. It’s always quiet right before the Sox strike!
  6. Got to be a reason they opened up two roster spots.
  7. They did very well in this price range with Lynn & Minor, wouldn’t be surprise to see this signing work out for them.
  8. As Nova’s replacement? I mean, as long as the price is reasonable and we still add Wheeler I don’t see why it would be that bad.
  9. He could be the Nova replacement theoretically.
  10. Whoops, overlooked that. Doesn’t look like he was very good out there.
  11. Can he actually play RF? His defensive metrics in LF look rough.
  12. While that’s true, I just think there is such a major fall-off after Wheeler. Ryu would be an interesting fall-back but for whatever reason I don’t see him being realistic. And while I like Bumgarner, his ceiling is much lower either of the two above mentioned guys and his fly ball rate scares me in our park.
  13. They did, but I think they mix it up here and give Merkin a scoop. Just my wild speculation.
  14. You need to have a drink or something to calm those nerves my friend. There’s no reason to worry just yet. They cleared those roster spots for a reason.
  15. I also think if something comes out today, Merkin will be the one to break the news.
  16. All the pre Thanksgiving news is coming out right now, hopefully we hear something in the next hour or so.
  17. More than I would have expected, but same deal as Lynn and that one worked out well for them.
  18. POmeranz to the Padres.
  19. 11am is when Grandal was announced, no reason to panic yet.
  20. Lol...no we wouldn’t. The Astros would love to get rid of Reddick and would basically take nothing and eat some salary.
  21. His BB rate dropped to 6.5% last year, which is 1.5 points below his career rate. He’s posted two straight years of OBP’s around .320. His power is pretty bad for a corner OF. His defense is now average to slightly below. I’d much rather give Calhoun $8M than go with Reddick. Hell, I’d rather go with Souza. Signing a 33 year old with a one win ceiling makes no sense to me.
  22. How in the world is he a better hitter than Joc Pederson?
  23. No, he’s a one win player who’s going to be 33 years old. He is definitely not “pretty good”.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.