Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tnetennba

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tnetennba

  1. Diacritics matter, friends…
  2. Master of creating weak contact my ass. Thorpe got lit up by a bad Mariners offense the second time he faced them. The same Mariners team that blew a 10 game lead in their division and missed the playoffs entirely because they couldn’t score runs.
  3. The M's had higher hopes for his bat, but his glove at 3B kept him in the lineup every day despite the lack of production at the plate. He is likely the best defensive option the Sox have at 3B, at least to start the season.
  4. Am I the only one that read Times of Indiana at first?
  5. Fisher is about a Billion dollars short of someone building him a ballpark.
  6. Those are the most entertaining! Occasionally. Sometimes...
  7. Apropos of nothing, just found it amusing.
  8. What is more demoralizing, starting him at Charlotte to allow him the opportunity to rebound, or handing him the Opening Day SS job unearned and he flops, ending up in Charlotte anyway?
  9. "Colas moving to 1B could significantly improve his odds of making the OD roster." Did he magically escape from the dog house? Is this a shot across AV's bow? Curious. Colas did play more 1B than OF before he signed with the Sox, so it's not entirely a new position. He also has less than a year of total MLB service time, so he could be a cheap replacement. Just seems like an odd move after burning $6M at the position already.
  10. My thoughts exactly.
  11. I barely follow the NBA anymore, and even I know that stars win in that league. When was the last time a team of 9 - 10 very good players with no true superstar won it all?
  12. 🤦‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
  13. The Sox have done similar passes in the past, but not this many games plus Opening Day for only $125.
  14. While true, it's a tough sell having zero choice on where I'd sit Opening Day. I'd imagine I'm not alone in that sentiment.
  15. I was thinking the same thing. An OD ticket is what makes me mildly interested, but I have no doubt that I'd be stuck in the upper deck.
  16. You get a ticket to each game, but seats are chosen at random, so you don't even know which section until the day before the game. I won't sit in the upper deck in warm weather, screw freezing your ass off up there in April...
  17. I did a similar pass probably a decade ago. Sitting in 30º April temps got old real fast!
  18. 0%

    Tnetennba replied to southsider2k5's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Watching Polanco and Rojas on a daily basis last season, I honestly think Rojas is the better defender at this point. Neither bat is going to help the dismal offense much, but a reliable infield defense might be more beneficial to our developing pitching staff.
  19. Oh no, I'm not suggesting that they are. Cincinnati is still a smaller market team after all. But I just can't see Francona at his age and with his health history, choosing the Reds of all teams if there weren't some convincing assurances. He could have any job he wanted at this point in his career, why willingly chose another small market team with cheap ownership and all of the bullshit that comes with that?
  20. And why would Francona come out of retirement for the Reds of all teams if there weren't promises made about making a legit effort to win?
  21. Jerry might be the worst owner in american sports, but the biggest villain? He is hardly notorious outside of Chicagoland. IDK, LeBron and Adam Silver ruining the NBA and or Rob Manfred making baseball worse instead of making more accessible are far more villainous IMO. But I really don't give a s%*# about the larger sports landscape outside of MLB anymore.
  22. 0%

    Tnetennba replied to southsider2k5's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
  23. Now do Vuc and Bust Williams…
  24. Polanco completely forgot how to hit last season and hasn't played SS regularly since 2020. Not sure he offers more defensive utility than Rojas, and certainly not at twice the cost.
  25. Are Split contracts Major League deals?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.