Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
Official NBA 22-23
Which would seem to contradict the rumors that AK turned down picks in favor of Giddey. Which, if true, boggles the mind if they are in fact moving on from that ill-fitting trio.
-
Official NBA 22-23
Hahahah who is taking that deal?
-
Rosenthal Article on Luis Robert trade value and yes others notice he's injured a lot
Robert has definitely improved near the wall, no argument there. I still think Julio is the better defender in CF, and he has played in nearly the same amount of games in < 3 years as Robert has in almost 5. Again, I don't say any of this as a knock on Robert. I were starting a franchise from scratch, I'd probably choose Robert, but if he and Julio were on the same team, I'm not moving Julio out of CF.
-
Rosenthal Article on Luis Robert trade value and yes others notice he's injured a lot
Julio can stay healthy, and is far better near the wall. I'd need to see the defensive metrics, but having watched both a ton, Julio is the superior CF. And that isn't a knock on Robert's defense at all.
-
Official NBA 22-23
So a Vic led team? Surely that team will be in the playoff chase...
-
Official NBA 22-23
What the hell does this move accomplish exactly??
-
Rosenthal Article on Luis Robert trade value and yes others notice he's injured a lot
Had he stayed healthy this season, it would he an entirely different conversation, but his injury concerns will likely have a real impact on what teams will be willing to give up.
-
2024 - MLB Draft Thread
The Ohtani rule allows him to remain at DH after he exits the game as a pitcher. A 1B moving to P for an inning would be legal under the regular rules, and he could sub back to 1B and remain in the game, but its a really complicated scenario to make work with the other substitutions. Not to mention warming him up in the pen.
-
2024 - MLB Draft Thread
Hypothetically, as an opener, he could start on the mound and DH a la Ohtani. If he started at 1B and came in as a reliever, someone would have to sub to 1B and it would be difficult to warm him up in the pen. I don't think the second scenario is at all feasible.
-
Story on Sox trade possibilities...
Mention them three times and they magically appear...
-
6/19 Juneteenth matchup: Enron Astros @ Exelon White Sox - avenging 2021
Funny how the factual truth is dismissed as negativity by those who don't want to face it.
-
Story on Sox trade possibilities...
I didn't say mega-haul, I said quality. Robert's talent and contract still make him a valuable addition. His injury concerns are legitimate and that will give teams pause, but he'll still be in high demand. I'm honestly 50/50 on Robert being moved during the season or this winter. Crochet for that matter too. Not because the offers won't be there, but because I have my doubts as to whether Getz actually has the green light to burn it all down.
-
Story on Sox trade possibilities...
Crochet, Fedde, & Robert should all fetch quality returns. I would love to see Kopech, DeJong, Sheets, & Pham all shipped out, I don't even care about the return. If anyone wants to give up a bag of balls for Eloy, peace out, otherwise he joins Moncada on the unemployment line. Launch Moldy too, but I doubt that happens. If we are really stripping it down, go all in and stop half-assing it. Claim as many interesting waiver wire & DFAs as possible and see what some of your kids have. Even if they end up AAAA players, enough with the washed up vets.
-
Fire Chris Getz
Neither of these things are actually clear though. We don't actually know that Getz is tearing it down to the studs, and we likely won't until the trade deadline. As for Grifol, I still think that is entirely out of his hands at this point. Getz put out a roster in 2024 that he thought would be solid, with real defensive improvements as well as a better clubhouse culture. Yet here we are on June 19th, and they finally crossed 20 wins last night. He assembled one of the worst teams in Major League Baseball history thinking it could be competitive in the division. He did not lock himself into bad longterm money, I'll give him that, but there has been no emphasis on development for the future. This entire year has been a waste and does nothing to help the longterm health of the roster. He sounds more clueless than anything on how to actually fix the mess he helped orchestrate.
-
Fire Chris Getz
But then we wouldn't have been treated to this magical and historic season!
-
Guaranteed Rate
I remember rumors of Wintrust having the better offer, but I don't have any sourcing to corroborate. The worst part is that no one really knew who or what Guaranteed Rate was, yet Jerry signed off on this no name company getting naming rights, whose logo just happened to be a GIGANTIC red arrow pointing down. It might as well been flashing neon. Optics be damned, Jerry is gonna take the money.
-
Guaranteed Rate
How long was it still named US Cellular after the company abandoned the Chicago market?
-
Guaranteed Rate
You think Jerry cares about those optics? He seemed pretty unbothered by gigantic red downward arrows being plastered all over the ballpark as long as the checks cleared. He's no stranger to toxic organizations himself.
-
6/16 Sox @ D-backs 3:10PM CT
Good control and change of speed make lower velocity more viable. I worry more about how teams adjust to his change up with more tape to scout, because his FB isn't going to cut it w/o quality off speed offerings.
-
6/16 Sox @ D-backs 3:10PM CT
Who fucking cares? They have been outscored by 155 runs.
-
Fire Pedro Grifol
- Chasing Records — 121 losses, modern MLB record
World Series bound in 2927, book it…- Fire Pedro Grifol
Google has his net worth at $18M. He can thank the Marlins for $10M of that for mostly not working.- Fire Pedro Grifol
Does no one remember the Robin Ventura experience? Why would Frank Thomas put his ass on the line for this collection of garbage? Ozzie is desperate to be relevant, even he seems to have just enough self awareness to not sign onto this sinking ship. Who the hell would pay to watch either of those Sox 'heroes' have zero effect on the worst team in history for that matter?- Fire Pedro Grifol
Short of sending the team out to the diamond wearing full clown ensemble, I fail to see how Ozzie has a such an effect. - Chasing Records — 121 losses, modern MLB record