Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Mead up, Vargas to 10 day IL
He played in Charlotte last night. I wonder how much sleep he’s getting today.
-
White Sox in 2026
I think Carlson will lock up the shortstop job… in 2029. Until then, Colson will be supremely valuable as a ss with 25+ HR power. You could do worse. Also, Bonemer will get here before Carlson, but I think you could stick him anywhere but catcher and it would work.
-
Adrian Houser traded to TB for former top prospect Curtis Mead
Mead at 2b Sosa at 1b? Or vice versa? Keep Baldwin at 3b and bench Rojas. Please.
- White up, Noda Waived, Altavilla on IL, Scholtens off 60-day IL
-
Get down Saturday night gamethread: Sox @ Angels 8/2 9:07PM CDT
Left oblique strain for Vargas. That is an IL stint for sure. Ramos or Mead?
-
Is Sam Antonacci for real?
I love Antonacci. The hit tool is for real for real. He’s not a tiny guy so there is more power potential in there. His range is good not great, that’s why he hasn’t played much short. Arm is better than Meidroth, but not elite. He’s similar to Meidroth except he hits lefty and I think has a little more projection, but he can’t play short.
-
Sox at Angels 8:38 CDT 8/1
The Sox have so many second basemen that moving Sosa to left, even if feasible, barely makes a dent. Mead is out there for Charlotte tonight. He will be out of options next year. He displaced Jacob Gonzalez, who is more suited to second than short. The breakout player at AA is Antonacci, who is playing second. That’sin addition to Meidroth and Sosa. I hope they pick the right guys to keep.
-
White Sox in 2026
Are we sure Meidroth > Sosa? Neither are complete players, but it’s skill vs. impact and this team needs impact.
-
Correa going back to HOU
Tait is a very good hitting prospect. They got a few arms that have some upside, but a lot of what they got were guys who are roster fillers in a salary dump. Tait’s gonna move the needle, the rest? I am skeptical.
-
Sox at Angels 8:38 CDT 8/1
Was hoping Taylor would get another inning. Let’s see what Wilson has. If he throws strikes, he can be good.
-
Sox at Angels 8:38 CDT 8/1
TJS. Will be back sometime in 2026.
-
Sox at Angels 8:38 CDT 8/1
This is why you couldn’t trade Altavilla. His entire career he has completely lost the ability to throw strikes at times.
-
8/1 Games
2b gonna be interesting. Sosa is hitting well enough to be hard to dislodge. Ultimately, I think Antonacci > Meidroth, but Meidroth can play ss and is probably a better defender at 2b, although Antonacci has the stronger arm.Then you’ve got Mogollon and I can imagine Bonemer as a big 2b. Lotta options.
-
8/1 Games
I stand corrected. Ramos is playing LF tonight.
-
8/1 Games
HR Ramos. He’s been heating up. Sox may actually have some depth at 2b/3b. Would be nice if any of them could play outfield.
-
8/1 Games
Mead is playing 2b with 2bb tonight. I wonder what position he’s gonna play with the Sox cuz this team has a whole lotta 2b.
-
8/1 Games
Crazy that Braden has been better from the right side after everyone was saying he should give up switch hitting and bat exclusively from the left.
-
Adrian Houser traded to TB for former top prospect Curtis Mead
Personally, I think there are 3 really great players at the top: Cholowsky, Emerson, and Lombard. Emerson is my current flavor, but any one of them would probably be the Sox top prospect immediately. So, I think anything in the Top 3 would be great. Because of the lottery penalties, I would prefer 7 to 4-6, but that could change. I'm not necessarily jazzed about LeBron or Burress.
-
Robert stays...
Have you seen what's left of the Twins roster? Between trading 8 guys and all the injuries, that team is not good. Not saying the Sox are world-beaters, but the Twinkies are in for a very rough second half.
-
DFA's?
The Sox 40 man is at 38, so anything's possible, but strangely their active roster is starting to get a little crowded. Anyone they pick up has to be better than what they got. I guess a right-handed hitting outfielder to replace Slater? But otherwise, they have a full roster and reasonably cromulent guys at AAA. I'd be surprised if they did too much dumpster diving now.
- 7/31 Games
-
Houser to Rays
Interesting mix of players considering they've struggled to get Meidroth and Sosa on the field at the same time. Adding another rightie to the mix is gonna be complicated. I would love to see Vargas at 3b and Colson at ss full-time. After that, I'm pretty agnostic. Have no need to see Rojas anymore.
-
Don't break it ALL down. Go for 63!!!!!
Unless the Sox close like the 2024 Tigers, they are definitely gonna have one of the three worst records, therefore they could win as many games as possible and still have good odds. It’s all gonna come down to lottery luck. So far, the bad teams have not gotten lucky. i do think there is value to a young team learning to win and gelling as a group. We can only speculate as to how much the constant losing affected Vaughn’s development. Showing up to lose every day wears on guys and you’d like some momentum headed into 2026. I wouldn’t rush into trading guys just to save JR cash and then getting MiLB roster filler.
-
SEA acquires Eugenio Suarez from AZ
Bad timing for Sox, but it’ll give Shane Smith another shot at hitting him.
-
Cubs acquire old friend Michael Soroka
Bet they move him back to the pen. Fastball really plays up in shorter stints.