Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Sox claim RHP Yoendrys Gómez; release Greg Jones
I can see why they’re interested. At what point do they give Coffey or Adler or Pallette or someone a chance instead of merely recycling the trash?
-
5/10 Games
All the injuries to pitching has decimated Charlotte once again. The Dunn experiment will be over soon. Even when he was getting away with it, the stuff did not look like anything. Now he is getting pounded every time out.
-
Free Tim Elko (Back in Jail)
Nancy Faust at the game on Sunday. I suggest her walk up song for Elko should be “Wilco (the song).” Almost an Oh Ee Oh Magglio vibe.
-
2025 MLB Draft
The consensus is that the top of the draft is muddled. No one has really separated themselves as a top tier, so names that are in consideration as high as 1-1 may be available at 1-10. That said, it's always better to pick higher. I very much doubt names like Holliday, Willits, Hernandez, and Arnold will be available for the Sox. So, the draft is deep enough that they will be able to get a good player at 1-10, but I still wish they were picking 1-1 after the worst season in baseball history.
-
5/8 Games
Sox beat the Royals. In the ACL. LeCombe with a much better outing: 1R 1H 0bb 7K. Colson 1-3, no K’s.
-
Could the Sox rebrand as lovable losers?
They’d have to be lovable first.
-
May 7 Game Thread
Not sure Venable has been given any buttons.
-
5/7 Games
So interesting to watch Braden's progression. He's drafted as a power guy, but he's taken the first month or so to put up good at bats, not overswing, and take what the pitchers are giving him. Now the power's coming as well. He has a great approach. Would not change a thing. Would rather have a guy hit 25 HR with a good average and some walks than 40 and hit a buck nothing because he's trying to pull everything. Also, his defense and baserunning are very good. He's their top position prospect in my mind, followed by Bonemer and then Teel. But that's just my opinion.
-
5/7 Games
To put Oppor’s outing into context, Carolina is probably the most stacked team in the minors. I think he’s a top 10 prospect for me.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
I wouldn’t want either, let alone both. I would take Sal Stewart, I guess. Rather trade with Dodgers for Hope.
-
5/6 Games
Zavala 2-3, double 2 rbi. Might be getting there.
-
5/6 Games
Bonemer HR. Braden 2-2, 2 HR. At this rate he is gonna beat Colson to Charlotte.
-
5/6 Games
Oops. Gameday changed. Now says he K’d. Sorry.
-
5/6 Games
Colson 1-2. Drove in a run with a single to the opposite field. That’s a good sign.
-
5/5 Game
Colson 0-3 in ACL with a walk. Gil with another HR. 2 in 2 games.
-
Mount Rushmore of Infamy
Jerry in 4 different clown outfits.
-
Luis Robert trade thread: La Pantera stays.
I like it when they win some games. I get the need/desire to trade Robert, but having zero good players on the whole team will make me sad. When Robert is using his tools, he's the best all-around player on the field every night. It's a nice break from Palacios and Palacios-equivalents that comprise 90% of the rest of the team.
-
5/4 Games
Most of those hits were not well struck at all. If he can get to about 66% strikes, he's going to be a handful.
- 5/4 - Astros at Sox - rubber game - 1:10 pm CDT
-
5/4 Games
Jinxed it. As soon as I typed it, 1 H. I'll stop now.
- 5/4 Games
-
5/4 Games
HR Jacob Gonzalez. Hagen Smith 3IP 1H 0R 2bb 4K, so far. Walks are still a little high, but AA hitters are struggling to hit him.
- 5/4 - Astros at Sox - rubber game - 1:10 pm CDT
- 5/4 - Astros at Sox - rubber game - 1:10 pm CDT
-
5/4 Games
W-S lost 9-8. 1 strike from victory then a HR and 2 out rally. Zavala drive home lead run. He was also 3-4, triple short of the cycle. Looks like something may have clicked with him.