Trade Deadline: Sox Make No Moves

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 04:05 PM)
People are upset the Sox didn't make a move, but if they had, they'd be justifiably getting blasted for doing a lopsided deal that wasn't in their favor.

Initially you will always get that reaction in circumstances like that but most times the next day those same people warm up to the trade and move on pulling for the prospects they got. Except for the negative thinking few.

Hell, most of us will probably start warming up to the idea that they stood pat this trade deadline in a few days...actually no, no we wont.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
I feel like I'm experiencing an alternate reality or something. You guys are acting like this team is 20 games under .500 and has a bunch of pending free agents.

Again, I understand the opinion that the team should rebuild, but I don't understand why everyone is acting like it's unbelievable that they aren't selling. It's very believable. They didn't "blow" anything, they just made a different decision than you wanted.

Of course it's believable, every single one of us knew deep down that this FO would stick to the status quo. This is why even your GM comes out and says you are "mired in mediocrity". The White Sox are currently ranked 27th in offense, 12th in pitching, and 19th in defense and are 2 games out of a top 10 pick. What should we be hanging our hat on here? That we have "special talent"? What good is special talent if you never make a concentrated effort to surround them with talent? This is the third season in a row you've been able to build around Sale, Quintana, Eaton, and Abreu and you havent. Should we believe this front office is going to spend their way into contention this offseason? I dont think anybody in this fanbase is that gullible. They had every opportunity to add people this offseason and they failed MISERABLY. Even with these core guys on board for next season, who the hell are they planning on replacing them with when they leave? There isn't anyone waiting in the wings. How are the Sox planning on improving here? They had an opportunity to take advantage of a sellers market and they didnt, that's why people are saying they blew it. There is real concern that there is no long term picture for this organization by a large part of the fanbase.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 04:15 PM)
What happened to Pokemon Go?

They screwed it up big time.. I am having CP 15 pokemon escape and run away non stop now.. They obviously tweaked some values because its definitely much tougher than it use to be

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
What happened to Pokemon Go?

They released a downdate yesterday that all but killed any possibility of fun. I immediately uninstalled and requested a refund for any money I spent on in-app purchases.

Back on topic: I don't know what to make of the Hahn presser. Ugh. I thought for sure we would be able to move D-Rob, Melky, and maybe a few others.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
They released a downdate yesterday that all but killed any possibility of fun. I immediately uninstalled and requested a refund for any money I spent on in-app purchases.

Back on topic: I don't know what to make of the Hahn presser. Ugh. I thought for sure we would be able to move D-Rob, Melky, and maybe a few others.

Is there anywhere us out of towners can watch the Hahn press online?

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
I feel like I'm experiencing an alternate reality or something. You guys are acting like this team is 20 games under .500 and has a bunch of pending free agents.

Again, I understand the opinion that the team should rebuild, but I don't understand why everyone is acting like it's unbelievable that they aren't selling. It's very believable. They didn't "blow" anything, they just made a different decision than you wanted.

Well, we are 28-44 since starting out 23-10.. 16 games under .500, I know its not quite 20 but well be there soon enough with this brutal stretch we have coming up.

Its very unbelievable that they aren't selling..

Almost as unbelievable as someone saying "You guys are acting like this team is 20 games under .500" when that is pretty much EXACTLY what we've been watching since May 10th..

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
There's one thing that I want from this season, the firing of Robin Ventura.

Too much bad fundamental baseball and in game managing decisions over the past 4 years.

Not happening. They simply won't renew his contract.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
There's one thing that I want from this season, the firing of Robin Ventura.

Too much bad fundamental baseball and in game managing decisions over the past 4 years.

Should've already happened. Definitely no chance it happens now, season is already over.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 04:39 PM)
Not happening. They simply won't renew his contract.

Same s***, as long as he is not back I am good.

And I want them to have an actually search for a new manager and not do what the other JR owned team did when they fired their coach

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 04:44 PM)
Per Hahn, we are no longer "mired in mediocrity," we are now "middle of the pack."

must have hired a PR firm.

Tell you what, I would be handling this a lot better had he never come out and said this was a mediocre team.. at least then I could say "This dummy really thinks this team has a chance." Now I have to spend the rest of the season watching this mediocre team and knowing the front office just said "Eh, what are ya gonna do?"

I'm not going to be interested again until the offseason starts. There needs to be wholesale changes. I can't fathom another half assed offseason. Good lord this front office is just an exercise in mental masturbation. I just don't think they were aggressive enough. We'll see how the season plays out and what changes to staff and moves they make personnel wise.

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 03:31 PM)
The only move the Sox made around the deadline was trading Zach Duke for a White Sox fan from New Trier.

They must really be desperate for those 55 extra ticket sales for friends and family against the Tigers. Hahn must have talked to his NT alum network about this kid, he was awesome against Maine South!

I'm so mad right now!... This team is "mired in mediocrity" according to the front office and that is A-OK with them! Maybe if the team is mediocre for long enough the fans will just give up and stop expecting anything more. That must be their thinking, right? Fire Robin, Fire Rick, Fire Jerry (even though we can't do that)! Can the fans take Jerry to court and demand he relinquish control of the team? Is there any legal recourse??