President-Elect Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 04:45 PM)
Well they're not there yet and it took years of non-enforcement to build up enough fraud to lead to the last implosion, so you've got several years to worry about that.

True, "deregulation" needs a little while to take hold before it becomes a tool for fraud.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump team dismisses head and deputy from National Nuclear Security Administration with no nominee to replace them.

Traditionally, all political appointees of an outgoing presidential administration turn in resignation letters effective on noon of inauguration day, January 20. But appointees in key positions—like the people who make sure our nukes work—are often asked to stay on in their roles until a replacement can be found and confirmed by the Senate, helping ensure a smooth transition and allowing our government to continue functioning. In fact, for the entirety of Obama’s first term and into part of his second, the NNSA Administrator remained a Bush appointee.

Trump, however, appears determined to immediately push out everyone who was appointed by Obama, regardless of whether or not he has anyone in line for the job. Or, as our source put it: “It’s a shocking disregard for process and continuity of government.”

Just as with Obama’s soon-to-be-removed international envoys, Trump has ordered Under Secretary for Nuclear Security Frank Klotz and his deputy, Madelyn Creedon—both Obama appointees—to leave their posts, even if it means no one is in charge of maintaining the country’s nuclear weapons. According to our Energy Department source, Trump’s team has yet to nominate anyone to succeed them. Since both positions require Senate confirmation, if could be months before their chairs are filled. And the vacancies may extend beyond the leadership roles.

“There are scores more appointees within the department,” our source told us. “Secretarial and administration appointments that don’t require Senate confirmation, mostly performing policy, liaison, and strategic advisory capacities in support of the agency they’re at. They serve at the will of the head of their agency. Those people are, theoretically, also out on inauguration day unless otherwise directed, which hasn’t happened yet to my knowledge.”

The source later added, “I’m more and more coming around to the idea that we’re so very very f***ed.”

As far as I can tell, this is unprecedented—January 20 will mark the first time in the NNSA’s 17-year history that it will exist wholly without its appointed leadership. According to Bob Rosner, the Co-Chair of the Science and Security Board of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists and the former director of Argonne National Laboratory, the leadership vacuum won’t prevent the agency from fulfilling its essential duties. But it will leave it without an advocate as it tries to secure a budget from Congress, and unable to tackle any new initiatives whatsoever.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 02:58 PM)
Sure is good that America decided a mentally ill narcissist with zero experience or ability to comprehend his job but a bigly desire to insult people on twitter was the right person for President.

A complete disaster and he hasn't even been officially inaugurated yet.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 04:58 PM)
Sure is good that America decided a mentally ill narcissist with zero experience or ability to comprehend his job but a bigly desire to insult people on twitter was the right person for President.

We can thank all those people who were too proud to vote for "Crooked Hilary" and instead didn't vote or wasted theirs on a 3rd party candidate. Absolutely pathetic.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 02:11 AM)
We can thank all those people who were too proud to vote for "Crooked Hilary" and instead didn't vote or wasted theirs on a 3rd party candidate. Absolutely pathetic.

You guys have misdirected anger. The anger is at the DNC for not getting behind Bernie. When are u gonna acknowledge the AWFULNESS of the Democrat candidate? Say what you want ... a ton of Americans (yes they are Americans) voted for Trump because they despised her. We elected a rich 1 percenter. He was running against a rich 1 percenter, who happens to be extremely unlikeable.

Direct your anger at YOUR CANDIDATE please. She was so bad that I voted for NEITHER.

If Donald is sick and depraved as Keith Olbermann suggests, maybe he'll be impeached early on. That would be OK with me.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 10:36 PM)
You guys have misdirected anger. The anger is at the DNC for not getting behind Bernie. When are u gonna acknowledge the AWFULNESS of the Democrat candidate? Say what you want ... a ton of Americans (yes they are Americans) voted for Trump because they despised her. We elected a rich 1 percenter. He was running against a rich 1 percenter, who happens to be extremely unlikeable.

Direct your anger at YOUR CANDIDATE please. She was so bad that I voted for NEITHER.

If Donald is sick and depraved as Keith Olbermann suggests, maybe he'll be impeached early on. That would be OK with me.

Why would the DNC get behind Bernie when Hillary destroyed him?

Never forget a MAJORITY of Americans voted for Hillary.

Whether you like it or not, a minority of Americans screwed you Greg. And they along with you, will have to deal with the fallout. The party of Reagan bowing to the Russians. The party of small government promising to spend and increase the federal government without a word about "balancing the budget."

The Russian's won, after all of these years, they won. And all they had to do was post a few false stories to convince people like you how "terrible" Hillary was.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 05:05 AM)

Whether you like it or not, a minority of Americans screwed you Greg. And they along with you, will have to deal with the fallout. The party of Reagan bowing to the Russians. The party of small government promising to spend and increase the federal government without a word about "balancing the budget."

The Russian's won, after all of these years, they won. And all they had to do was post a few false stories to convince people like you how "terrible" Hillary was.

Trust me, I've despised Hillary a long time.

As far as Russia ... I said earlier if Russia delivered votes to Trump and impacted the election I'd be in favor of Obama staying in office six months to a year and have an emergency new election. Or if Trump had a role in this, impeach him now.

Even though Hillary won the popular vote, you guys fail to admit TONS of Americans voted for Trump. It's still America. They are your brothers and sisters. If you do not accept Americans as voting Trump in, I don't know what to say. Maybe a Civil War is ahead again. Or states trying to leave the country and start their own country.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 11:29 PM)
Trust me, I've despised Hillary a long time.

As far as Russia ... I said earlier if Russia delivered votes to Trump and impacted the election I'd be in favor of Obama staying in office six months to a year and have an emergency new election. Or if Trump had a role in this, impeach him now.

Even though Hillary won the popular vote, you guys fail to admit TONS of Americans voted for Trump. It's still America. They are your brothers and sisters. If you do not accept Americans as voting Trump in, I don't know what to say. Maybe a Civil War is ahead again. Or states trying to leave the country and start their own country.

None of those options are available. Russia assisting Trump isnt going to get Trump impeached, it isnt going to get Pence removed from VP, it isnt going to get a "do over". Obama is gone, he is not coming back.

I never have failed to admit that a minority of Americans voted for Trump. In fact multiple times after the election I said that it was over and that Trump won based on the rules. And just because someone is my brother or my sister, it doesnt mean that I would just sit idly by while they randomly murdered someone. It doesnt mean that I would not speak up if they were doing something horrific.

There wont be a civil war, there wont be any states leaving the United States.

Its over Greg, whether you like it or not, a Russian sympathizer is your President. Say what you will about Hillary, but never once did I question whether Hillary would put another countries interests before the United States. Trump has already done it by dismissing the US intelligence community, before he even was briefed.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 11:05 PM)

Ummm bro... did you not hear what happened during the primaries? DNC got a dose of karma after the shenanigans they pulled. Hillary thought she could win without winning over progressive voters, welp they just proved her wrong. Her narcissistic ass got beat because she couldn't get Obama voters to go vote for her. She was f***ing pathetic and deserved to lose.

Look at her now, sulking and crying foul about the FBI and fake news. Bernie is still out there fighting the good fight.

Good riddance to the Clintons. Trump is going to suck massive dick but the DNC pretty much guaranteed his victory.

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:25 AM)
Ummm bro... did you not hear what happened during the primaries? DNC got a dose of karma after the shenanigans they pulled. Hillary thought she could win without winning over progressive voters, welp they just proved her wrong. Her narcissistic ass got beat because she couldn't get Obama voters to go vote for her. She was f***ing pathetic and deserved to lose.

Look at her now, sulking and crying foul about the FBI and fake news. Bernie is still out there fighting the good fight.

Good riddance to the Clintons. Trump is going to suck massive dick but the DNC pretty much guaranteed his victory.

Uh what?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Results_of_th...primaries,_2016

Hillary won by over 3mil votes and almost 1k delegates. The only people that keep up the myth "Bernie got screwed" are Republican's who are still trying to split the Democratic party. The entire idea of Hillary had to be more progressive is ridiculous. Hillary didnt lose because she wasnt "progressive", she lost for the exact opposite reason. Clinton got "crushed" in deep red areas, whereas Obama only "lost."

Granted Hillary did mess up pretty majorly, and had she maybe been a bit more "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" she may have gone harder for Wisconsin/Michigan, etc. But again, being more progressive shouldnt have done anything. Any true Sanders believer would never have stayed home, never would have voted for Trump. So the only angle was to be less "hated" by hardcore Republicans.

And perhaps you havent noticed, but those people arent exactly into progressive policies.

So no, the DNC didnt "guarantee" his victory. Trump's victory is nothing more than flipping a penny 10x and having it come up heads every time. It is rare, but it happens. It was a perfect storm of things, that I could probably write 500 pages on.

What is Hillary supposed to be doing? She lost, she has no office, her career in politics is likely over. The hate she receives is bordering on insanity. Obama/Michelle went hard for Hillary and even THEY couldnt get their own voters out.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:50 AM)
Uh what?

Hillary won by over 3mil votes and almost 1k delegates. The only people that keep up the myth "Bernie got screwed" are Republican's who are still trying to split the Democratic party. The entire idea of Hillary had to be more progressive is ridiculous. Hillary didnt lose because she wasnt "progressive", she lost for the exact opposite reason. Clinton got "crushed" in deep red areas, whereas Obama only "lost."

Granted Hillary did mess up pretty majorly, and had she maybe been a bit more "prepare for the worst, hope for the best" she may have gone harder for Wisconsin/Michigan, etc. But again, being more progressive shouldnt have done anything. Any true Sanders believer would never have stayed home, never would have voted for Trump. So the only angle was to be less "hated" by hardcore Republicans.

And perhaps you havent noticed, but those people arent exactly into progressive policies.

So no, the DNC didnt "guarantee" his victory. Trump's victory is nothing more than flipping a penny 10x and having it come up heads every time. It is rare, but it happens. It was a perfect storm of things, that I could probably write 500 pages on.

What is Hillary supposed to be doing? She lost, she has no office, her career in politics is likely over. The hate she receives is bordering on insanity. Obama/Michelle went hard for Hillary and even THEY couldnt get their own voters out.

I voted for Sanders in the primary, and this largely reflects my thoughts. The DNC certainly didn't do him any favors, but he's not a Democrat and was running openly as anti establishment, so nobody should be surprised when it turns out the establishment isn't particularly fond of that sort of candidate. Clinton won the primary by a wide margin, well beyond whatever minimal effect the DNC had.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 9, 2017 -> 08:11 PM)

Meh. Illinois was called blue before a single vote was even counted. My "non-vote" was irrelevant. Blame the people in Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, where it came down to a few votes.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 07:23 AM)
Meh. Illinois was called blue before a single vote was even counted. My "non-vote" was irrelevant. Blame the people in Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, where it came down to a few votes.

Yep. The Clinton camp knew she was going to get more votes overall than Trump and thought that would win the election, they forgot about WHERE the votes were coming from.

I don't see Clinton sulking or crying at all. She's handled losing better than Trump has handled winning and even has the respect to show up at the inauguration.

I'm not a fan of hers but I'll give her credit.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 09:15 AM)
I don't see Clinton sulking or crying at all. She's handled losing better than Trump has handled winning and even has the respect to show up at the inauguration.

I'm not a fan of hers but I'll give her credit.

Well you could argue that disappearing from view in a time when the Dems really could have used some leadership post-election is sulking, but in general, it is better than what Trump has done since the election.

Dumb, petty and racist is going to be a great combination.

And very anti-LGBT. Nice of Sessions to try to deflect a direct quote of himself from the Senate floor about opposing hate crime protections to LGBT people by saying "that doesn't sound like something I'd say!" f*** you, asshole, it's public record. You did say it. Recently.

And his response to being pressed on everything is pretty much "yes this law exists."

"What are your thoughts on the Russian hacking?" "Oh I haven't read s*** about that despite being the AG nominee and a sitting Senator. besides, it's perfectly fine and normal for foreign interference in our elections!"

"Sen. Sessions, did it hurt your feelings when people [correctly] called you racist?" real tough questions here

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 10, 2017 -> 12:50 AM)
Uh what?

Listen, you can hand wave the DNC corruption, that's your prerogative. It's definitely not a myth as you claim. You had the media saying that BS had no chance and that it was already over. That's pretty much telling people to stay home and not vote which is bulls***. Granted, people need to be think for themselves and not be so influenced by the media. You had the delegate count with the super delegates included. That was another bulls*** ass method to manipulate people. You had emails that were leaked that showed the DNC were in cahoots with HRC. BS was an outsider to the DNC and their actions showed he wasn't going to get a fair shake. If the DNC let the democratic process take place without any shenanigans and HRC won, maybe just maybe she wins. That's all people wanted. The irony is the Republicans also had their own outsider and they allowed the primaries to play out and he won.

Hillary won a bunch of red states in the primaries that were not going to vote for her in the general. BS won those states that Hillary lost in general. I can say with the putrid voter turnout this election a guy like BS would have got people out to vote for him and win the damn thing. Hillary sucked and that was proven. You want to know why, because DONALD f***ING TRUMP was her opponent and she still got beat.

Lastly, the DNC is already split. The neoliberals and establishment democrats just got their teeth knocked down their throat and the progressive wing is trying to repair the party's image. The Clinton's are cancer and now they are gone we'll see just how much resolve they have now.

46% of the country didn't vote and ~24% elected Trump president. That's a lot of people that stayed home under the threat of president Trump.

Hillary sucks. That is all.