Quintana Rumors: Round and round and round we go

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
Or somehow Tilson went really, really right.

At age 26 with the money the Sox should have, I'm down of he'd be the last piece.

Same. I have a buddy who's a diehard O's fan. I said just watch the Sox sign him in 2 years, he said no way and if it happens he'll buy me a jersey lol.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
you shouldn't count on all of them being good MLB players. Many of them will not.

I'm speculating big big time here, but we would not even need all/most of those players to pan out

We have the draft, trades and free agency to build up the roster

We would have an amazing amount of payroll flexibility to go out and sign a few big time free agents and try to contend

I'm giving Tilesen the benefit of the doubt to stick around, perhaps as a fourth outfielder?

He has no power and his arm is fringy, but his other tools are all solid or slightly above average

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
Machado will want ARod money - and he could get it.

When ARod signed with Texas back in the day, I believe we had the second highest offer at $190M. With a new TV deal being in the works, I could definitely see Reinsdorf being very motivated to make a free agent splash to help boost its value. And clearly we'll have a ton of financial flexibility to fit such a salary in our budget. While it's unlikely we land a guy like Machado, I fully expect us to be in the mix.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
Or somehow Tilson went really, really right.

At age 26 with the money the Sox should have, I'm down of he'd be the last piece.

Add Machado to that team = WOW

Insane level of pitcher and position player talent. I'm not even sure they need someone on Machado's level, just a solid 3B and OF would be great

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
When ARod signed with Texas back in the day, I believe we had the second highest offer at $190M. With a new TV deal being in the works, I could definitely see Reinsdorf being very motivated to make a free agent splash to help boost its value. And clearly we'll have a ton of financial flexibility to fit such a salary in our budget. While it's unlikely we land a guy like Machado, I fully expect us to be in the mix.

We will have tons of money to spend, plus free agents will likely notice the sort of team we will be building here

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
To state the obvious, we really need to start drafting and developing better, especially when it comes to position players. It's always frustrating to see all these well-stocked farm systems and then we have to give up a Chris Sale or Jose Quintana just to catch up.

^

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
We will have tons of money to spend, plus free agents will likely notice the sort of team we will be building here

And they'll all be unable to resist the shine of "guaranteed rate" branding.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:27 PM)
And they'll all be unable to resist the shine of "guaranteed rate" branding.

Sorry to bring the Cubs into this, but having this young core and hopefully they succeed because the attractiveness from free agents in 2 years, they will take notice. Lester did (it helped that Theo was there), but saw the potential. Hahn and the young core could do the same.

QUOTE (bighurt574 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
To state the obvious, we really need to start drafting and developing better, especially when it comes to position players. It's always frustrating to see all these well-stocked farm systems and then we have to give up a Chris Sale or Jose Quintana just to catch up.

We've come a long way. They're drafting in the right direction - 2014 => 2015 => 2016 all saw a progression of our draft philosophy which I expect will continue into 2017 and 2018. We really need to start spending more in international signings. How many of these prospects we've been drooling over have been international signings?

Seems like AT LEAST half to me.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
C- Collins (fingers crossed)

1B - Bell

2B - Moncada

SS - Anderson

3B - Machado

OF- Meadows

OF- Basabe

OF- Beer

DH - Abreu

Fixed it for you, and all I gotta say is Woof.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
Balta, what is a good Pirates message board? Trying to get a feel for what they think. I found a few, but very little action on the Q talk.

Total pipe dream here =

That farm system would be absolutely locked and loaded to compete in the next few years

Add in some other shrewd moves and/or free agent signings and you are looking at a playoff team if things go well

1) Rodon

2) Glasnow

3) Giolito

4) Kopech

5) Lopez

Pen arm possibilities (or other starters): Burdi, Dunning, Stephens, Adams, Fulmer, Hansen, Clark, Cooper

1B - Bell

2B - Moncada and/or Newman

SS - Anderson

3B - MACHADO

OF- Meadows

OF- Basabe

OF- BEER

DH - ABREU

As a Sox fan you can dream of a scenario like this...

That roster projection is totally loaded

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
Fixed it for you, and all I gotta say is Woof.

I don't know if I like the pitching potential, or the offensive juggernaut potential of that team more

You would have power: Beer, Collins, Abreu, Moncada, Meadows, Basabe, Machado

Speed: Anderson, Moncada, Basabe

The ceiling of the rotation is absurd

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
I don't know if I like the pitching potential, or the offensive juggernaut potential of that team more

You would have power: Beer, Collins, Abreu, Moncada, Meadows, Basabe, Machado

Speed: Anderson, Moncada, Basabe

The ceiling of the rotation is absurd

Scary thing is that Sox would still have enough money to acquire an ace pitcher too because of how cheap the lineup is.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 22, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
Total pipe dream here =

That farm system would be absolutely locked and loaded to compete in the next few years

Add in some other shrewd moves and/or free agent signings and you are looking at a playoff team if things go well

1) Rodon

2) Glasnow

3) Giolito

4) Kopech

5) Lopez

Pen arm possibilities (or other starters): Burdi, Dunning, Stephens, Adams, Fulmer, Hansen, Clark, Cooper

1B - Bell

2B - Moncada and/or Newman

SS - Anderson

3B - MACHADO

OF- Meadows

OF- Basabe

OF- BEER

DH - ABREU

As a Sox fan you can dream of a scenario like this...

That roster projection is totally loaded

Any rotationtnat relegates Hansen to the pen... wow.