2018 Celebrity Death thread

southsider2k5

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 23, 2017 -> 03:10 AM)
Erin Moran - Actress known for playing Joanie Cunningham on Happy Days, 56

Sad. I've been reading about her. Had no money. Moved in with her elderly mother in law til mom in law kicked her out for partying too much. In reading about her though I did learn Don Most (Ralph Malph) is a successful jazz singer and Anson Williams (Potsie) has done OK directing. And of course Henry Winkler did OK and Ron Howard is a gazillionaire.

• 3 weeks later...

Former MLB ump Steve Palermo.

Great umpire, was paralyzed trying to help someone during a robbery attempt.

Met him once when he came to give a motivational speech at a children's shelter in KC I where I was tutoring, really impressive human being.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 18, 2017 -> 03:23 AM)
Wow.. Chris Cornell of Soundgarden.

Age 52.

gz such a shock. really hard time believing it.

superunknown is one of my fave albums of alltime

looked so happy performing with his daughter

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ May 18, 2017 -> 07:34 AM)
Man, this one really sucks. RIP. They were mid tour too, so sad.

Police have said they're investigating it as a suicide. I don't even.

It would make it the same day as Ian Curtis.

Their final song included a cover of Zeppelin's In My Time of Dying (something they've done before tho)

so eerie

Sad to hear about Cornell. Real talent. I got to see the mini-Temple of the Dog reunion/Mother Love Bone tribute they did with him as an encore at Pearl Jam's 20th up at Alpine Valley. I like Soundgarden, but for some reason found it harder to get into than Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, or even Nirvana. Nevertheless, I do own their albums and will be giving them a spin. This was shocking news to wake up to.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ May 18, 2017 -> 09:56 AM)
Sad to hear about Cornell. Real talent. I got to see the mini-Temple of the Dog reunion/Mother Love Bone tribute they did with him as an encore at Pearl Jam's 20th up at Alpine Valley. I like Soundgarden, but for some reason found it harder to get into than Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, or even Nirvana. Nevertheless, I do own their albums and will be giving them a spin. This was shocking news to wake up to.

I agree with you on that.

I was at Alpine for that show as well and was disappointed by the encore a little at the time as I thought it was too much Chris Cornell....afterward I appreciated it more.

Really sad that he, Lane and Kurt are gone.

There isn't enough music around to be losing them.

Chris Cornell was the first artist I actually discovered essentially by myself and I fell in love with his music. Probably the most recognizable and distinguished voice of all time, and really, his singing voice was an instrument of its own. So many classic songs.

One of the best. RIP. I was in Wal-Mart Tuesday night and found Audioslave's self-titled album in the $5 section. I have the CD somewhere, but rather than look, figured I'd just buy a new copy. Started playing it in my car yesterday. Then this.