Soxfest 2017

Kyyle23

QUOTE (3GamesToLove @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 08:39 AM)
So any advice for a first-timer? Dad and I are going just Sunday. I want to go to the Farm system panel at the beginning of the day and the broadcaster one at the end. Are the photo lines as long as the autograph lines? How early do we have to be there to receive wristbands for signings?

There aren't many HUGE names signing on Sunday, and combined with a general lack of enthusiasm maybe the lines won't be as long? Will Burdi and Collins be easier to get? Should we get there much before 9am? Our tickets are at will-call.

How big are the seminar rooms? Can you sneak in late if necessary (like if you got caught up in an autograph line)?

Once the signing starts, how fast do the lines move? If I'm in the line at 9:30 for the Burdi/Collins signing, what are the odds I can still make it to a 10am seminar?

Again, I'm basing this on my experience from when I went 10 years ago but there were people lining up at 5AM or earlier on both Saturday and Sunday mornings. If they are giving out wristbands for a 9:30 signing and you show up at 9 you probably won't get one.

The lines move decently after the players start signing but depending on where you are in the line and how many signings they are doing you could still spend an hour+ waiting.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Jan 26, 2017 -> 08:53 PM)
Until he makes it in the major league debut, we can't really know for sure.

Beckham wore like 58 before he settled on 15

Usually when its a low number like that, it's probably going to be the number they have. Only time that changes is if there's a vet pickup who likes a particular number and that young player has to change (i.e. Rollins last year)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 07:56 AM)
Usually when its a low number like that, it's probably going to be the number they have. Only time that changes is if there's a vet pickup who likes a particular number and that young player has to change (i.e. Rollins last year)

Kopech was wearing #14 and Burdi/Collins were #16, so I don't really think it means anything.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 08:03 AM)
Kopech was wearing #14 and Burdi/Collins were #16, so I don't really think it means anything.

Saw this on snapchat as well. Both numbers are retired. Years they were drafted in? With no one wearing number 10, I could see it being accurate for Moncada.

Edit: Yes, I'm assuming 14 and 16 are there just for the years they were drafted.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 01:30 PM)
https://twitter.com/NumbersMLB/status/825057147172032515

Moncada was quoted last month that he liked numbers 10, 19, and 27. Unless the Sox sign Alexei back, I'm certain he sticks with 10.

Willy Garcia needs to be 27. Lock down the Garcias at 26, 27, and 28.

Or 34 and provide some life to the Freddy Garcia jerseys sitting in the back of closets.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 05:46 PM)
Kopech and Giolito just got interviewed together. Kaplan is a terrible interviewer. Dan Hayes is with him to save the day now.

Davidson now

Just watched that. Nice to see Giolito and Collins interviewed. They both can string a sentence together without sounding too programmed.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jan 27, 2017 -> 06:25 PM)
Just watched that. Nice to see Giolito and Collins interviewed. They both can string a sentence together without sounding too programmed.

I'm an easy mark for a rebuild, and it may all go to hell in three or four years, but for me it's exciting to see young talented players who are enthusiastic about playing for the White Sox.

Moncada, Tim Anderson and perhaps Zach Collins are a nice beginning to a core of position players. When Hahn adds two or three more premier position players /prospects I will see the light at the end of the tunnel. Right now I am not that confident in the plan and admittedly lack the patience some of you have in waiting 3-5 years to have a competitive team. But I'm still going to go to games and watch every one I can. I just like winning.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 12:08 PM)
Did anyone here attend one of the Rick Hahn Town Halls? If so, was there anything worth sharing?

Wasn't able to make it, but am dying to here if there any interesting things insights.

Post 42 in this thread said SSS mentioned when the time is right the Sox will spend big .What the Sox idea of spending big means is any ones guess.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jan 28, 2017 -> 02:28 PM)
Post 42 in this thread said SSS mentioned when the time is right the Sox will spend big .What the Sox idea of spending big means is any ones guess.

I don't take that as "we will go out and sign the best free agent fit (Machado to play 3B for example). More long the lines I've spreading out a hood portion of money around the team's young kids. The ones who have succeeded anyway.

Edited by soxfan2014