Teams have upped their offers in Q derby in the last week

Al Lopez's Ghost

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 12:27 PM)
Jeff Todd is insane. He said in the MLB Trade Rumors chat that the Sox would offer Q for Bregman straight up and Houston would say no. Lol ok.

He's right. Honestly, that's a trade possibility that just doesn't exist.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 12:27 PM)
Jeff Todd is insane. He said in the MLB Trade Rumors chat that the Sox would offer Q for Bregman straight up and Houston would say no. Lol ok.

I believe it and I wouldn't blame them. If you have a hitter that you believe will be a star and he's MLB ready, you just don't trade them period. It's not even a question of what is worth more...they simply aren't available.

That said that's why I was hoping we could bag Kyle Tucker in a deal before the season starts. Because it wouldn't surprise me if he played himself in to unavailable-ness by mid-season as well. Of course, Rogers reports that is already the case, who knows if that's true.

QUOTE (Soha @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:58 PM)
I believe it and I wouldn't blame them. If you have a hitter that you believe will be a star and he's MLB ready, you just don't trade them period. It's not even a question of what is worth more...they simply aren't available.

That said that's why I was hoping we could bag Kyle Tucker in a deal before the season starts. Because it wouldn't surprise me if he played himself in to unavailable-ness by mid-season as well. Of course, Rogers reports that is already the case, who knows if that's true.

Or he could struggle and suddenly not be viewed as a top 50 guy? You never know how things unfold.

QUOTE (NCsoxfan @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:05 PM)
Or he could struggle and suddenly not be viewed as a top 50 guy? You never know how things unfold.

In all reality, if Giolitto or Moncada had come up and set the world on fire, I really doubt either is a White Sox today. I know there is the possibility that Q struggles this year, but the chances of the trade targets we have been talking about struggling is WAY higher. Houston could well be shooting themselves in the foot by not being willing to deal these guys today. Six months from now the Sox might not want them.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:20 PM)
Given their circumstances, Houston should trade Bregman for Q 100% of the time and never look back.

I can see why they wouldn't want to if they are that high on Bregman. Like I said earlier, I think their rotation can be good if they can stay healthy. I'm sure they will have interest in June/July because I think they'll have an injury to someone or maybe a youngster like Musgrove isn't doing too good in his first full season.

I at want them to stay close in the race with a need for a starter just so they're in the mix.

Edited by soxfan2014

The Astros farm is plenty deep enough to get a deal done without Musgrove, Martes and Tucker but the Astros have to be willing to part with quantity. Something like Paulino, Reed, Fisher, Laureano and one of Whitley/Perez might do the trick. Not the deal any of us Sox fans prefer but it would add depth from A ball to the big League club.

That said, at this point I expect Q to be the opening day starter for your Chicago White Sox. I'm fine with that. :)

QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:30 PM)
But I want the suck to be epic :(

No worries, it's not like the Sox score runs for Q anyway. We still have Shields, Holland, mystery starter #5, Avi and the entire outfield to help with the suckdom. It wasn't going to be an epic suck anyway as long as Frazier, Melky and Abreu are on the team but it did have all the possibilities of being a righteously sucking team.

Sigh, what might have been...

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:45 PM)
No worries, it's not like the Sox score runs for Q anyway. We still have Shields, Holland, mystery starter #5, Avi and the entire outfield to help with the suckdom. It wasn't going to be an epic suck anyway as long as Frazier, Melky and Abreu are on the team but it did have all the possibilities of being a righteously sucking team.

Sigh, what might have been...

There is no mystery 5th starter. You're missing Rodon and Gonzalez (who I usually forget exists myself haha)

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 01:48 PM)
There is no mystery 5th starter. You're missing Rodon and Gonzalez (who I usually forget exists myself haha)

s***, you're right. My dumbass was thinking mystery starter #5 based on Q not being on the team anymore. DOH! Hello! :lol:

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Feb 10, 2017 -> 09:13 PM)
So when Levine said that teams uped their offers, what he really meant was "the offers went from horses*** to poop".

Too many absolutes by Levine about Q when he admitted yesterday some of his comments have been based on gut feelings