Teams have upped their offers in Q derby in the last week

Al Lopez's Ghost

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 05:37 PM)
I just saw today's episode of MLB Network's show. I think it replays later. Nightengale was still saying that Jim Crane has 1 more move left in him and that he thinks Q or Gray is on Astros to start the season. So weird.

I mean it sounds like Crane wants to make a move. But it all rests on Luhnow giving up the prospects.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 06:37 PM)
I just saw today's episode of MLB Network's show. I think it replays later. Nightengale was still saying that Jim Crane has 1 more move left in him and that he thinks Q or Gray is on Astros to start the season. So weird.

Would love to know what the hang up is prospevt wise

Bruce Levine was on the Score and is sticking with the Sox trading Quintana before reporting day. But he also said he was basing this on his own feelings, not inside information.

I agree with him, but if it isn't tomorrow, I think we'll see Q pitching in the WBC as Sox property.

QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 06:28 PM)
Bruce Levine was on the Score and is sticking with the Sox trading Quintana before reporting day. But he also said he was basing this on his own feelings, not inside information.

I agree with him, but if it isn't tomorrow, I think we'll see Q pitching in the WBC as Sox property.

Not looking forward to following the Sox while crossing my fingers that Q lives up to expectations and stays healthy.

I will make a sacrifice before every start he makes.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 05:43 PM)
Dumb thought, but could Houston or another team be waiting until after the WBC to complete a trade? Perhaps Quintana told the Sox he won't back out under any circumstance?

Hommie ain't got dem rights

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 07:57 PM)
Why would he say that? He has a contract. Besides he doesn't come off as that kind of guy.

Because he wants to represents his country in the World Baseball Classic. This event is very important to a lot of baseball players. I don't know the rules, but does he need permission from the Sox to pitch in the event?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 08:02 PM)
Why would he back out of the WBC if he is traded?

Well that's kind of my point. If I were Luhnow and felt I was the only team actively involved in trade talks, I'd probably wait until after the WBC was completed to execute a trade. Might as well avoid any unnecessary risk if at all possible. Again, this is me just throwing out a dumb idea.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 09:12 PM)
Well that's kind of my point. If I were Luhnow and felt I was the only team actively involved in trade talks, I'd probably wait until after the WBC was completed to execute a trade. Might as well avoid any unnecessary risk if at all possible. Again, this is me just throwing out a dumb idea.

Houston runs the same risk with the headliner in the deal, Bregman :D

Edited by heirdog

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 09:47 PM)
This Phil Rogers piece from tonight says that the Astros have been unwilling to include to include Kyle Tucker in trade talks which is borderline insanity: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/215591558/wh...picid=151437456

It does explain why a deal hasn't been consummated if true.

The Astros are idiots. No Bregman OR Tucker?? Hope they enjoy missing the playoffs or not advancing in them because of their lack of starting pitching.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 09:47 PM)
This Phil Rogers piece from tonight says that the Astros have been unwilling to include to include Kyle Tucker in trade talks which is borderline insanity: http://m.mlb.com/news/article/215591558/wh...picid=151437456

It does explain why a deal hasn't been consummated if true.

That definitely makes the most sense and I actually remember some Astros fans stating he was the untouchable earlier this offseason. Well he's off limits, then there's no way in hell I'm doing a trade with Houston right now. I've been one of the biggest proponents of trying to get a deal done before the season, but if a guy like Kyle Tucker is off the table then we may have no choice but to wait.

I find it interesting that Rogers mentions the Dodgers and Bellinger. We haven't heard any rumors regarding the Dodgers and Q as they seem intent on keeping their prospects and refraining from the big deals (Dozier). The fact he mentions the Dodgers suggests the teams are at least talking, right? Unless he's just pulling it out of his a**. If the Dodgers are legitimately interested, I'd be all for waiting until the deadline to see if their pitching staff has fallen apart by then like I suspect. At that point, they might be willing to include Bellinger.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 07:56 PM)
The Astros are idiots. No Bregman OR Tucker?? Hope they enjoy missing the playoffs or not advancing in them because of their lack of starting pitching.

No Martes or Tucker is what we heard earlier.