President Donald Trump: The Thread

Steve9347

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 01:11 PM)
sorry I guess I just take it more seriously when there's direct evidence of the President's own son, son-in-law and campaign manager eagerly and willingly going to a meeting to collude with Russian agents representing themselves as working on behalf of the Russian government to get Trump elected.

This is such a large and high profile case. Why would you expect them to just start throwing out piecemeal indictments before they've finished anyway?

It's amazing the party that accused Obama of being an America hating Muslim born abroad, now isn't bothered in the least if some of their party is possibly in bed with apparently America's best buddy, Putin.

This is a huge investigation. They don't go out arresting people the second they have them by the balls. It's going to take time, maybe some will turn on others.

Edited by Dick Allen

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 11:40 AM)
1) You (and Vox) are telling me those e-mails are all the proof you need that he committed a crime. If you discover a murderer at the scene with a gun in his hand you don't wait for weeks to investigate further. You file your charges. I'm just saying it's more of a grey area than what you believe, not that there's absolutely nothing there that should be investigated.

2) And I've said I would have done the same thing. Why on earth wouldn't you want to hear what dirt is out there on your opponent? Report it to the FBI afterwards but certainly have that meeting.

And i'm deflecting and minimizing (without ever denying that something could be there) because i'd like to see the full evidence before deciding, conclusively, without doubt, what you already believe is true.

1) This isn't a murder investigation and you know that. If you are investigating the mob, you don't arrest every low level offender as soon as you have enough to charge. I'm not saying that charges are coming against Trump, Jr., but at best he was operating in a very, very grey area of the law (that Vox article directly quotes a number of well regarded people in the legal field). The lack of charges to date means absolutely nothing as to whether or not Trump, Jr. taking that meeting was illegal.

2) As to #2, in the immediate aftermath, seasoned Republican politicians said that you do not take that meeting. You immediately report it to the FBI. Like I said, my understanding is that's standard operating procedure. Not try to get dirt from the foreign government first, and then go to the FBI...

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-jr-em...is-disturbing-1

From the article: Sen. Lindsey Graham, Republican from South Carolina: "Anytime you're in a campaign and you get an offer from a foreign government to help your campaign, the answer is 'no.' ... Definitely, he has to testify. That email is disturbing."

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 11:45 AM)
I don't think i'm asking for an impossible standard. I'm saying more than one example with circumstantial evidence is needed to prove this very large conspiracy to work with the Russians.

edit: but I forget, innocent until proven guilty except when it comes to people you don't like/believe.

As to evidence, we have thus far evidence that:

1) Manafort offered access to a Putin associate while he was running Trump's campaign;

2) Kushner tried to create a back channel between Russia and the White House after the election and before inauguration (pretty sure that's the right timeline);

3) Trump, Jr. took a meeting that he understood to be with the Russian government and the context for the meeting was that the Russian government had dirt on Hillary Clinton;

4) Flynn had unauthorized contacts with Russians about sanctions prior to inauguration.

5) Russia meddled in the election in an effort to get Donald Trump elected President.

That's a lot of direct evidence of contact between Trump associates and Russia. It might not get to Trump, and it's certainly not direct evidence of collusion. But there's a LOT of smoke here. And to expect anything definitive from Mueller's investigation at this point is absurd. And pointing to the lack of anything definitive as evidence of lack of guilt is equally absurd.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Sep 21, 2017 -> 02:43 PM)
As to evidence, we have thus far evidence that:

1) Manafort offered access to a Putin associate while he was running Trump's campaign;

2) Kushner tried to create a back channel between Russia and the White House after the election and before inauguration (pretty sure that's the right timeline);

3) Trump, Jr. took a meeting that he understood to be with the Russian government and the context for the meeting was that the Russian government had dirt on Hillary Clinton;

4) Flynn had unauthorized contacts with Russians about sanctions prior to inauguration.

5) Russia meddled in the election in an effort to get Donald Trump elected President.

That's a lot of direct evidence of contact between Trump associates and Russia. It might not get to Trump, and it's certainly not direct evidence of collusion. But there's a LOT of smoke here. And to expect anything definitive from Mueller's investigation at this point is absurd. And pointing to the lack of anything definitive as evidence of lack of guilt is equally absurd.

The smoke is basically blocking out the sun at this point

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 22, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
The best part of that story is literally .001% of those people know what an email server is.

Seriously though, I haven't heard a peep about it lately. I was told it was something that threatened our national security. I imagine prosecution is coming soon.

Neel during the anthem, should be fired. Run aound with a Nazis flag, very good people with a permit.

How many people b****ing about not standing during the anthem, are watching them do this while sitting on their couch or barstool during the anthem?

Edited by Dick Allen

Some rumblings that dozens of more players are going to be taking a knew or raising a fist in response.

Trump strongly avocating for political correctness and being chief of the PC police is a nice touch and gives away the game on the whole "he's just telling it like is, I'm Glade PC is dead!" nonsense.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 23, 2017 -> 10:30 AM)
Neel during the anthem, should be fired. Run aound with a Nazis flag, very good people with a permit.

How many people b****ing about not standing during the anthem, are watching them do this while sitting on their couch or barstool during the anthem?

Fake news, dick.

He didn't call the torch wielding guys chanting literal Nazi slogans very good people. He called them very fine people.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 23, 2017 -> 05:28 PM)
Is there anything that comes close to this train wreck of a Presidency? Maybe some random banana republic?

The dreams of every Republican since 2001. How do you think this happened? The Republican Voters want "those people" to know their place. Nothing fired up their base more than that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2017 -> 06:07 PM)
The dreams of every Republican since 2001. How do you think this happened? The Republican Voters want "those people" to know their place. Nothing fired up their base more than that.

You are so full of s*** and ignorant, It's mind blowing. Step off your bubble of a college campus and walk in the real world for one single day and maybe people can actually have adult discussions with you. Go vote my family death in the hospital again, isn't that how It works?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 24, 2017 -> 03:03 AM)
You are so full of s*** and ignorant, It's mind blowing. Step off your bubble of a college campus and walk in the real world for one single day and maybe people can actually have adult discussions with you. Go vote my family death in the hospital again, isn't that how It works?

I agree with Little Hurt here. Some of us Republicans (I think I'm Indy now though) simply could not vote for somebody we considered wicked and evil, Hillary Rodman Clinton. Case closed. At least I didn't vote for Trump either, but give us a break please. It's not like the Democrats gave America a reasonable alternative to Donald Trump.

I will say Trump's tweeting continues to be a huge problem. Those tweets about sports players and teams were like u all said, ill advised and childish. And his comments about those who kneel during the anthem ... wow. I've been attacked on here for my mild position. Trump went all out freak out ripping those players.

I pity the poor NFL writers on Sunday and Monday. They are gonna want to report on a football game and they will have to interview all the guys who take a knee cause those guys will be all out attacking Trump verbally after LeBron's forceful comments. This won't be good for the NFL either, as whether you agree or not it's been suggested publicly NFL ratings are down partly because of the anthem issue.

Little Hurt and I disagree at times but cmon, give us a break. Please once and for all realize Hillary gave America very little option to vote out Chump, I mean Trump.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2017 -> 09:28 PM)
I agree with Little Hurt here. Some of us Republicans (I think I'm Indy now though) simply could not vote for somebody we considered wicked and evil, Hillary Rodman Clinton. Case closed. At least I didn't vote for Trump either, but give us a break please. It's not like the Democrats gave America a reasonable alternative to Donald Trump.

I will say Trump's tweeting continues to be a huge problem. Those tweets about sports players and teams were like u all said, ill advised and childish. And his comments about those who kneel during the anthem ... wow. I've been attacked on here for my mild position. Trump went all out freak out ripping those players.

I pity the poor NFL writers on Sunday and Monday. They are gonna want to report on a football game and they will have to interview all the guys who take a knee cause those guys will be all out attacking Trump verbally after LeBron's forceful comments. This won't be good for the NFL either, as whether you agree or not it's been suggested publicly NFL ratings are down partly because of the anthem issue.

Little Hurt and I disagree at times but cmon, give us a break. Please once and for all realize Hillary gave America very little option to vote out Chump, I mean Trump.

That's complete bulls***.