Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 02:45 PM)
Martes and Tucker and after that I would love:

One of:

Franklin Perez

Ramon Laureano

Garrett Stubbs

One of:

Daz Cameron

Jason Martin

Miguelangel Sierra

I doubt they get 3 top 100 guys. 2 Top 100. Another org top 10. Upside flyer.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (beautox @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 08:56 PM)
Quintana & Jennings for Martes/Tucker/Reed/Laureano/Stubbs

That package feels like to much talent leaving the astros to be honest

That's five of their top 12 organizational prospects... Not happening

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Mar 22, 2017 -> 07:17 PM)
It looks like Hahn is making a push to move him prior to opening day. Makes sense.

Spring training pitching is an all-you-eat buffet for AAAA hitters. You just can't make much of the hitting stats. Reed is fine as a throw-in, but he's got to show he can hit real pitching; and he's not in shape so it's not like we'd be getting a Konerko. He's a pudgy slugger type if he figures it out.

What makes you think that Hahn is making a push to move Q prior to opening day?

I don't think Q will be traded before opening day unless a front line starter of a contender gets hurt.

Otherwise it would have happened already, it seems like neither the sox nor the other teams are moving in their position. There is no contender who has a clear need currently. The Yankees could but they don't seem to view themselves as a contender and the Astros could but don't necessarily need to.

At the deadline that could change and hahn likely waits for that.

Edited by GermanSock

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 08:21 AM)
I really like this, except to make it a little more palatable for the Astros, sub Martes out for a lower level arm (Perez or Whitley).

Teams are not generally willing to part with 5 top 15 organizational prospects in one move. It is just not a good baseball decision. I'm not sure Jennings inclusion is necessary here

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 09:43 AM)
I think the Braves step up and make it happen. Would be a huge splash moving into their new stadium.

Albies/Acuna/Fried/A. Jackson/lottery ticket

I wonder if they would part with Albies. They have Phillips covering second for this season (could release him if he sucks making room for Albies). Beyond this season, their number 10 prospect is a 2B (22 years old) who hit 28 homers last year, their number 3 prospect Maitan (no where close to the majors but a middle infield prospect so worth mentioning I suppose if you wanted to make an argument for adding stop gaps over that time, similar to Phillips) and I suppose trade route (for example: trade pitching depth for Baez or another young infielder that is blocked (Profar?)).

Edited by soxfan2014

I think the Braves step up and make it happen. Would be a huge splash moving into their new stadium.

If a deal is done with Atlanta, I really want to get our hands on Matain. Austin Riley is another that would be a nice fit.

Thing is I don't think Q is a "splash" the way you're looking at it. Despite him being an incredible pitcher, he's not exactly a guy that's going to sell tickets at the moment.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 08:56 AM)
If a deal is done with Atlanta, I really want to get our hands on Matain. Austin Riley is another that would be a nice fit.

I think Albies, Acuna, Riley, and one of their many lefties would be a good trade for both sides. They are so deep I feel like it wouldn't hurt them too much to give up that return.

QUOTE (yesterday333 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 10:06 AM)
I think Albies, Acuna, Riley, and one of their many lefties would be a good trade for both sides. They are so deep I feel like it wouldn't hurt them too much to give up that return.

I would much rather get Matain instead of Albies or Acuna. Honestly Albies with zero power doesn't excite me at all as a headliner.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 09:09 AM)
I would much rather get Matain instead of Albies or Acuna. Honestly Albies with zero power doesn't excite me at all as a headliner.

Braves fan here- From all that I've seen and heard Acuna and Maitan are the two least likely prospects to be traded. Maybe that makes a deal impossible, not sure. I'd guess they are offering something like Albies, Soroka/Newcomb, Riley, lottery ticket. Maybe the Sox like Blair or Wisler and want one as a 3/4/5 piece. If I was another team I'd want to take an opportunity to specifically buy low on Blair.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
I'm sure there will be a lot of scouts in attendance for what is hopefully his last start in our uni.

Might be the last game we can see him. The Sox play the Royals in five days, so he'll probably be pitching a B game that morning instead of facing a division team- a practice I think is pointless, but that's what they do.

QUOTE (OklahomaBrave @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 10:14 AM)
Braves fan here- From all that I've seen and heard Acuna and Maitan are the two least likely prospects to be traded. Maybe that makes a deal impossible, not sure. I'd guess they are offering something like Albies, Soroka/Newcomb, Riley, lottery ticket. Maybe the Sox like Blair or Wisler and want one as a 3/4/5 piece. If I was another team I'd want to take an opportunity to specifically buy low on Blair.

My Braves source from earlier in season said talks centered on Albies, Newcomb, and Gohara coming to Sox. Sox asked for Maitan and Braves balked. Braves also said no to Acuna which is why there hasn't been a deal and won't be with Braves most likely.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 09:09 AM)

Albies leadership, hardwork, and willingness to do whatever is asked to help the team is what excites me about him. There is a reason Albies is so highly regarded even without power. And I don't see the braves parting with matian.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 10:21 AM)
My Braves source from earlier in season said talks centered on Albies, Newcomb, and Gohara coming to Sox. Sox asked for Maitan and Braves balked. Braves also said no to Acuna which is why there hasn't been a deal and won't be with Braves most likely.

It doesn't shock me that they don't want to part with Maitan. The guy will be a top 10 prospect as soon as he starts playing pro ball. He may well have a higher ceiling than any guy that has been talked about in connection with Quintana. I would kick an orphan to get him into our system.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 10:29 AM)
It doesn't shock me that they don't want to part with Maitan. The guy will be a top 10 prospect as soon as he starts playing pro ball. He may well have a higher ceiling than any guy that has been talked about in connection with Quintana. I would kick an orphan to get him into our system.

He hasn't even had a professional at-bat yet. He's 17 years old.

The hype train has to slow down a bit until he shows he can do it against pro competition.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 10:32 AM)

The hype train has to slow down a bit until he shows he can do it against pro competition.

Agreed. I don't mind him as a second piece but if he is the best piece in an offer, I'll probably hate that deal for a while.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 23, 2017 -> 10:09 AM)

You are really underrating how good Ozzie Albies can be

MLB.com scouting grades on him = Scouting grades: Hit: 65 | Power: 30 | Run: 70 | Arm: 55 | Field: 65 | Overall: 60

He might never hit for much power, but is a great leader, plus hitter, plus runner and a great fielder

Imagine a lineup that had Anderson, Moncada and Albies in it? Young, athletic and dangerous speed. Each of those guys is a threat to steal if they get on base

Maitan has proven nothing so far, and is ages away from the majors

With a guy like this, if you wait for him, you miss out on him. This is the best chance the White Sox have left to get a kid who is quite literally regarded as a generational talent into the system. Three years from now, he is going to be where Yoan Moncada is at.