Updated teams interested in Q

harfman77

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 01:00 PM)
Albies is 20 years old playing in AAA and posting a .747 OPS. In my opinion he is very advanced for his age, and is performing quite well considering how young he is compared to most AAA players.

I'm a big believer in Albies and feel he will turn out to be a very good player.

I'm aware, maybe I'm unfairly scrutinizing his size (he looks about 5'8" 150 soaking wet).

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 10:00 AM)
Albies is 20 years old playing in AAA and posting a .747 OPS. In my opinion he is very advanced for his age, and is performing quite well considering how young he is compared to most AAA players.

I'm a big believer in Albies and feel he will turn out to be a very good player.

So would you be intrigued by an offer by the Braves headlined by Albies?

Considering we signed Anderson to a long-term deal, and have Moncada at 2nd in Charlotte, do we look away from MI prospects close to MLB-ready and focus on CI's and OFs?

I'm still not convinced Moncada will ultimately stay at 2b in the major leagues.

Yolmer Sanchez:

2013 (20 years): .241/.293/.296, 6.1% BB, 15.9% K

2014 (21 years): .293/.349/.412, 7.3% BB, 17% K

Ozzie Albies:

2016 (19 years): .248/.307/.351, 7.7% BB, 15.8% K

2017 (20 years): .276/.324/.423, 6.1% BB, 20.2% K

Maybe not a perfect comparison, but if someone offered you a slightly better version of Sanchez for Quintana, are you jumping on it?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 10:33 AM)
Yolmer Sanchez:

2013 (20 years): .241/.293/.296, 6.1% BB, 15.9% K

2014 (21 years): .293/.349/.412, 7.3% BB, 17% K

Ozzie Albies:

2016 (19 years): .248/.307/.351, 7.7% BB, 15.8% K

2017 (20 years): .276/.324/.423, 6.1% BB, 20.2% K

Maybe not a perfect comparison, but if someone offered you a slightly better version of Sanchez for Quintana, are you jumping on it?

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...even without slotting Moncada in at 2b yet, if you believe in Yolmer at all, what good does adding a piece like Albies do for you?

As far as the Braves go, I would be more interested in Acuna and Maitan, but pretty certain those are two guys they would be leery trading away for Q right now.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 12:36 PM)
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...even without slotting Moncada in at 2b yet, if you believe in Yolmer at all, what good does adding a piece like Albies do for you?

As far as the Braves go, I would be more interested in Acuna and Maitan, but pretty certain those are two guys they would be leery trading away for Q right now.

Maitan is #1 on my Atlanta list unless there is some updated scouting information I don't know about. He is the type of guy that will be a top 10 prospect in a couple of years.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 12:36 PM)

I don't know that I even do believe in Sanchez yet, but that profile is so dependent upon average that there's a lot of bust potential there. That's what scares me most.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/06/trad...ers-rox-as.html

"On the American League side, Heyman focuses on the White Sox, who have quite a few interesting trade pieces, as recentlyexamined by MLBTR’s Jeff Todd. He suggests that there are indications the Sox do intend to move lefty Jose Quintana this summer — and they don’t think they’ll need to accept a sub-par return despite his struggles so far. There’s some “belief” that Chicago could be hoping to draw interest in Quintana from the Dodgers, Heyman notes in the N.L. post. Meanwhile, the organization isn’t as interested in fielding offers for first baseman Jose Abreu, per the report."

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 16, 2017 -> 10:32 AM)
I think one thing that has really hurt Q this year is not having Sale pitching in front of him. They are such completely different pitchers stylewise that it takes batters a bit to get a read on Q's stuff after coming off a game against Sale.

This just means Q should go to Boston!

Feel pretty confident Archer goes to the Yankees for a huge package.

Tanaka got bashed yet again. Wainwright got destroyed as well. Cards in interesting position with Cubs scuffling.

Why would the Rays trade Archer in their own division with them being 4.5 games back from the division and 1 game out of the Wild Card. That would deject their current roster and fan base. If Archer gets moved, I would think it would be to the west coast to either Dodgers or Rockies who could offer a premium package.

Yankees and White Sox all along would make for a good marriage as long as the White Sox are realistic in what they get back. They would be doing good to get Frazier, Andujar, and Kaprielian. All three have big ceilings with some risk. At this point both Frazier and Andujar are top 100 guys with Kaprielian being a wild card with TJ.

Why would the Rays trade Archer in their own division with them being 4.5 games back from the division and 1 game out of the Wild Card. That would deject their current roster and fan base. If Archer gets moved, I would think it would be to the west coast to either Dodgers or Rockies who could offer a premium package.

Yankees and White Sox all along would make for a good marriage as long as the White Sox are realistic in what they get back. They would be doing good to get Frazier, Andujar, and Kaprielian. All three have big ceilings with some risk. At this point both Frazier and Andujar are top 100 guys with Kaprielian being a wild card with TJ.

Edited by kwill

QUOTE (kwill @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 07:59 PM)

Tanaka got bashed yet again. Wainwright got destroyed as well. Cards in interesting position with Cubs scuffling.

For Quintana? I think you have to start with Frazier and Mateo. Would like to have Rutherford, but I think Frazier and Mateo is a more realistic starting point.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 06:39 PM)

You feel pretty confident that the Rays are going to trade Archer to their AL rivals? Why is that?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 06:22 PM)
You feel pretty confident that the Rays are going to trade Archer to their AL rivals? Why is that?

14,408 per game, no stadium plan...and NY's one of the teams with the best minor league talent matches out there.

No to mention the fact the system is even more hyped with SANCHEZ and Judge now.

Archer's a great (flamboyant) kid who would be completely at home in NYC...Yankees can afford to overpay in a way that organizations like Astros or cardinals cannot. Plus he's already had proven success in that division.

To me, it would be waving a white flag to the Commissioner's office that something dramatic needs to becdonectonsave that market/franchise.

Maybe he goes back to the Cubs for Jimenez, Happ (or Baez) and Clifton/Johnson. That's the kind of package they're after.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kwill @ Jun 17, 2017 -> 07:00 PM)
Yankees and White Sox all along would make for a good marriage as long as the White Sox are realistic in what they get back. They would be doing good to get Frazier, Andujar

These are the two I'm sitting on...and anybody after that would be gravy IMO.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/17/cashmans-trad...an-starter/amp/

Quintana stuff is at the bottom of the article

"All of this is why — though the Yankees and White Sox have not made a trade since 2009 — Quintana makes sense, as long as Yankees scouts are comfortable his high ERA reflects more on being constantly in trade rumors while on a poor team rather than a decline in stuff. Also, Cashman would have to be comfortable with Quintana’s past, because in recent years the Yankees GM has tended to shy away from players with PED histories, and the Mets released Quintana in the minors after he failed a 2007 test — which actually led to him signing to play in the Yankees’ minors.

He would cost the kind of prospects who would help alleviate some 40-man roster crunch — this is made up by me: Adams, Frazier, Mateo and Estevan Florial. He is just 28 and lefty. Plus, he is under control through 2020, and how his team-friendly deal is structured Quintana would cost just $5.3 million toward the luxury tax payroll next year.

The Yankees would have plenty of competition for Quintana, notably from the Astros. But a lot of Cashman’s history points toward him as a real possibility."