Moncada will not be rushed

southsider2k5

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moncada was all over the wall at Diablo Stadium, homering to right, bouncing a ground-rule double over the center field wall and banging another double off the right-center field wall. Moncada’s hits all came from the left side and raised his spring slash line to .317/.391/.683. He drove in four runs.

hype hype hype

QUOTE (brett05 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 07:03 AM)
We gotta find someone to teach Yoan to cut down on those k's. Even if we can get that to say 25% rate that would be huge. I'd even pay a guy outside of the organization if we have to.

It's called development

Moncada is 21 years old and not a finished product. Spending time in AAA will go a very long way in helping him cut down on the strikeouts.

At this point he really just needs reps because he does not have that much minor league experience

Patience will be key

Seeing as this is a rebuild year (enter argument of lack of moves here), it makes all the sense in the world to have Moncada start in AAA. There's no reason to have him start with the Sox even though he is starting to really hit the ball. I think it's pretty obvious that he has massive talent, and he very well could be a beast.

I'm glad to see him hitting well, and that gives me a lot of confidence for him. His confidence, however, it what matters. Having time to work on cutting down on strikeouts and fine tune some other things will be so important for him. He's a player of the future for the Sox, and he has to handled properly.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 07:03 AM)
We gotta find someone to teach Yoan to cut down on those k's. Even if we can get that to say 25% rate that would be huge. I'd even pay a guy outside of the organization if we have to.

We are already paying guys INSIDE the organization to help with this. No need to go outside.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 08:03 AM)

He's fine. Trout strikes out a ton and he's the best player in MLB. Yoan is the same type of hitter.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Mar 20, 2017 -> 01:22 PM)
The best development is to have him face major league pitching every day.

I am guessing he will be up in May.

Sox won't call up any prospects until late May at the earliest to gain an additional season of control