2017 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 07:28 PM)
I am. Only thing that will change this franchise for the better (significantly) is getting a QB. I'm always okay paying the price for that guy. At least there is hope. Odds are he fails, but there is at least a chance. This franchise is not changing into a perennial winner until you find QB. You don't find QB (largely speaking) not investing in them early. Look at the franchise for the last 30 years...we've barely selected any QB's early and we have seen what we received. If we gave up that for a non QB, I'd have flipped...but we can take our time with Trubisky to learn, etc. Tools are really good.

A good QB. s***ty ones do nothing but set you back. And he's not good

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 01:28 AM)
Pleaseeee let this be a move to just have Cleveland trade

For him. The bears didn't call Mitch so maybe this is possible.

How often do teams trade in NFL after picks are made? Seems more an NBA thing

Bears traded up with the 49ers to select North Carolina QB Mitchell Trubisky with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft.

Stunning. Owners of the No. 3 pick, Chicago surrendered this year's Nos. 3, 67 and 111 selections and a 2018 third-rounder to move up one spot. It means they faced intense competition. Trubisky (6’2/222) sat behind 2016 Packers camp arm Marquise Williams his first two seasons at UNC before taking the starting reigns as a redshirt junior last season and leading the Tar Heels to an 8-5 mark with school records in passing yards (3,748) and touchdowns (30). A plus athlete with 4.67 speed, Trubisky added five rushing TDs and is a legitimate scrambling threat. On tape, Trubisky impresses as a tough competitor with a quick release, but he showed a tendency to get squeamish when pressured and made only 13 college starts. The small sample makes him a frightening prospect. Nevertheless, Trubisky looks the part of a potential mid-range NFL starter with Ryan Tannehill-level tools. He'll compete with Mike Glennon for the Bears' starting job.

Per Rotoworld

Glennon lame duck already

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 07:28 PM)
I am. Only thing that will change this franchise for the better (significantly) is getting a QB. I'm always okay paying the price for that guy. At least there is hope. Odds are he fails, but there is at least a chance. This franchise is not changing into a perennial winner until you find QB. You don't find QB (largely speaking) not investing in them early. Look at the franchise for the last 30 years...we've barely selected any QB's early and we have seen what we received. If we gave up that for a non QB, I'd have flipped...but we can take our time with Trubisky to learn, etc. Tools are really good.

I'm not as bothered with the pick as I am trading 3 draft picks to move up one spot for a guy that wasn't gonna be drafted there.

If Pace likes Trubisky that much, then I hope he's right, but he won't be GM anymore by the time that happens.

This is so beyond dumb. If they knew this was their pick and they were willing to pay a ransom for him, why on earth sign Glennon? They got fooled so hard thinking the Browns would take him.

He's not good, they have too many holes to fill to waste picks, and they're going to suck next year so getting a top 5 pick and a chance at a QB is still there.

God I wish the NFL would bring a new franchise to town so I can stop being a fan of this awful f***ing franchise

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 07:52 PM)
Bears traded up with the 49ers to select North Carolina QB Mitchell Trubisky with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft.

Stunning. Owners of the No. 3 pick, Chicago surrendered this year's Nos. 3, 67 and 111 selections and a 2018 third-rounder to move up one spot. It means they faced intense competition. Trubisky (6’2/222) sat behind 2016 Packers camp arm Marquise Williams his first two seasons at UNC before taking the starting reigns as a redshirt junior last season and leading the Tar Heels to an 8-5 mark with school records in passing yards (3,748) and touchdowns (30). A plus athlete with 4.67 speed, Trubisky added five rushing TDs and is a legitimate scrambling threat. On tape, Trubisky impresses as a tough competitor with a quick release, but he showed a tendency to get squeamish when pressured and made only 13 college starts. The small sample makes him a frightening prospect. Nevertheless, Trubisky looks the part of a potential mid-range NFL starter with Ryan Tannehill-level tools. He'll compete with Mike Glennon for the Bears' starting job.

Per Rotoworld

Glennon lame duck already

mid-range NFL starter with Ryan Tannehill-level tools.

That is awful.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 12:59 AM)
I'm not as bothered with the pick as I am trading 3 draft picks to move up one spot for a guy that wasn't gonna be drafted there.

If Pace likes Trubisky that much, then I hope he's right, but he won't be GM anymore by the time that happens.

Yep Pace and Fox are dead men walking anyways. Fox will want to play Glennon to save his job

QUOTE (daggins @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 07:50 PM)
Given that this is the NFL, I think it's far more likely that the Bears are just run by incompetents than Pace playing 12-dimensional chess.

Yes. If I was George McCaskey I would have said "Ryan, who do you like for the 3OA?" And if he named any QB in this draft I would have said "get lost" and named an interim GM and traded the damn pick for $0.90 on the dollar just to save the embarassment. People are already calling the Trubisky move one of the worst moves in NFL draft history.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:00 PM)
Yep Pace and Fox are dead men walking anyways. Fox will want to play Glennon to save his job

Can't see Fox surviving another 3-13 year. Pace is a complete amateur and got played by a first year GM Lynch.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 05:24 PM)
Position doesn't matter when the talent isn't there. This is beyond a reach. He's not very good.

No...he isn't ready to start. He has all kinds of tools. We will never be a good franchise if we always ignore QB. I'm always fine investing in QB and I presume they liked him (afterall they picked him). I've been saying we need a QB and we need to start investing in it.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 08:00 PM)
This is so beyond dumb. If they knew this was their pick and they were willing to pay a ransom for him, why on earth sign Glennon? They got fooled so hard thinking the Browns would take him.

He's not good, they have too many holes to fill to waste picks, and they're going to suck next year so getting a top 5 pick and a chance at a QB is still there.

God I wish the NFL would bring a new franchise to town so I can stop being a fan of this awful f***ing franchise

Glennon has a 1 year guaranteed deal pretty much and most people think Tribusky needs time before he can start in the NFL. That part is the only thing that makes sense about this whole thing. Hate the pick.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2017 -> 05:59 PM)

Agreed 100%.

If he pans out it'll be ok, but f***, get some stones and call their bluff

I keep hoping that somehow the Bears flip trubisky, but I know that won't happen. I don't know how you can take a pick that is basically no lose and f*** it up. At worst the Bears had a choice of adams or solomon, at best trubisky fell and they kept their picks.

Pace is just not good at his job.