6/10 Games (Giolito and Hansen)

caulfield12

Deep flyout to the base of the fence in LCF on Moncada's first ab.

Power stroke is coming back, as Gwinnett is a notorious pitcher's park. Kind of ball that goes out in the summer at USCF.

Giolito at 94 early...average was 93.3-4 last year w/ WASH. 94.8 on four seamer.

Easy 1-2-3. No swings and misses, though. Era down to 4.87.

2nd k on curve, fouled into catcher's mitt.

Just gave up a single sliced to left field for first hit of game.

Walk. First trouble spot.

Had Jace Peterson down 0-2, walked him, bases loaded with one out. Being careful with him, apparently. Escapes with dp ball, Cabrera and Moncada.

4.70, 42 pitches.

Edited by caulfield12

Hansen, two k's, double, wild pitch and walk.

Typical Hansen, inning still not over. Two wild pitches. Strikes out the side, 25 pitches.

Easy inning for a Giolito, two fly outs and strike 3 fouled back into the mitt again. Through 4.

4 k's for Hansen through 2, another hit allowed.

3 walks, 3 k's for Giolito....leadoff hitter walks in bottom of 5th. 4th k on 80 mph slider. Giolito had a 2.17 era in eight AAA starts last year, fwiw. Everth Cabrera with unassisted DP, through 5. Both starters cruising.

Edited by caulfield12

Moncada with another walk.

7 k's for Hansen through 4.

92-94, touching 95...for Giolito, 5 k's now for Lucas. Braves get just their 2nd hit with two outs in sixth, liner that Liriano leapt for and barely cleared his glove.

Edited by caulfield12

Guerrero with 2 hits including a double, and one walk in DSL.

I missed that Trey was back in Birmingham.

Overall a pretty nice night on the farm. Stephens/Giolito with nice starts, Hansen with more dominance, and overall decent offense.

QUOTE (Anderdale @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 07:18 PM)
Collins 0-5 with 3 k's

Whoever said he might hit more as he moves up levels... seems pretty apparent at this point that he has issues with contact, and its not that he's being overly selective.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 01:20 AM)
Whoever said he might hit more as he moves up levels... seems pretty apparent at this point that he has issues with contact, and its not that he's being overly selective.

You're seeing more concern being mentioned from scouts about that hitch

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 08:55 PM)
I think Hansen has done enough to graduate from Kanny. 22 BB / 82 K in 66 2/3 innings seems day and night compared to the hard thrower at OU last year. He needs to be challenged at the next level.

It's absurd he's still down there. I have no idea what Getz is doing TBH.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 08:55 PM)
I think Hansen has done enough to graduate from Kanny. 22 BB / 82 K in 66 2/3 innings seems day and night compared to the hard thrower at OU last year. He needs to be challenged at the next level.

I think they are waiting until the draft, when some top draftees fill up Kanny and he gets bumped.

EDIT: Beaten to it.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2017 -> 08:21 PM)
You're seeing more concern being mentioned from scouts about that hitch

This is something I mentioned as soon as I saw his swing. That hitch just does not translate to the MLB, how many people have a hitch like that and are still successful in the league?

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 11, 2017 -> 01:41 AM)
This is something I mentioned as soon as I saw his swing. That hitch just does not translate to the MLB, how many people have a hitch like that and are still successful in the league?

Can he fix the hitch?