2017-2018 NFL Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys, to clarify on Trubisky/Pace-

It isn't that I don't think Trubisky is talented, because I do. He's just incredibly raw and my issue is more on the position in which Pace decided to draft him vs. where he actually is in his development. IMO he was a mid-late 1st rounder in my book, because of how raw he was as a prospect. Pace picked him 2OA. He would have been perfect for a trade down. I would have had less issue if they moved down a few spots and ADDED assets to draft him, rather than TRADE assets to draft him. Based on where he was drafted, it creates unreasonable expectations from the fanbase about how quickly he's supposed to be good. The fanbase will turn on him if he isn't good by the end of next season, and that would be a shame. Trubisky is going to take time. Again, I think that QBs taken top 3 are supposed to be generational prospects, and you don't take QBs that high unless they are exactly that. Though I "wrote him off" after his first start, that was more out of frustration of the incredibly high pick they used to get him and the expectations the fanbase has for a QB picked that highly. In most seasons, Trubisky would have been a 2nd round prospect, and that is OK. I understand that when you are that high up and you need a QB you take one because you don't know if you'll have an opportunity again.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 05:50 PM)

If the Bears can become a playoff team in the next few years, he is supposed to be a key building block. But I feel as if you cannot depend on him at all anymore, he's already 29 too.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 05:03 PM)
Get that shoulder fixed Kyle.

Apparently, the ankle that was surgically repaired this past year is what has been giving him the most issues still. Not a good sign.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 07:34 PM)
Apparently, the ankle that was surgically repaired this past year is what has been giving him the most issues still. Not a good sign.

Hopefully he can get his shoulder worked on and have the extra Recovery time for his ankle too. Getting him back to a pro bowl level would be really good for the Bears

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 07:37 PM)
Hopefully he can get his shoulder worked on and have the extra Recovery time for his ankle too. Getting him back to a pro bowl level would be really good for the Bears

How are you not on ESPN with this kind of analysis? :P

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 03:48 PM)
He had to have surgery, its looking like his career is over.

I'm not even thinking about his career right now. Usually these updates start talking about movement of his extremities and recovery, but it's all just been that he switched hospitals or had an operation. Hopefully it's nothing that will affect his everyday abilities off the field.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 05:27 PM)
I'm not even thinking about his career right now. Usually these updates start talking about movement of his extremities and recovery, but it's all just been that he switched hospitals or had an operation. Hopefully it's nothing that will affect his everyday abilities off the field.

Seems like its a stabilization fusion, which means he should be ok off of the field. At least, im hoping. He's an awesome dude.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 05:29 PM)
Seems like its a stabilization fusion, which means he should be ok off of the field. At least, im hoping. He's an awesome dude.

Yeah. must've had a fracture to vertebrae in his lumber spine. He should be fine health wise as they aren't reporting any paralysis but who knows. i don't think he'll be playing again. Fusion for disc injuries is one thing. This is in a different league.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 7, 2017 -> 06:29 PM)
Yeah. must've had a fracture to vertebrae in his lumber spine. He should be fine health wise as they aren't reporting any paralysis but who knows. i don't think he'll be playing again. Fusion for disc injuries is one thing. This is in a different league.

Thanks for the knowledge ptac, always very appreciated!

There the Bears go winning meaningless games again. They could have had a franchise-altering draft with a trade with someone coming up to get a QB, and they blew that now. Next week is an auto-win vs. Cleveland. Detroit is out of it and Minne may have nothing to play for week 17 so 6-10 or 7-9 is possible, and that would be a disaster.

Edited by Jack Parkman