Giancarlo Stanton traded to Yankees

Jose Abreu

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Nov 14, 2017 -> 02:35 PM)
So that basically puts the Giants in the drivers seat right? Padres and A's probably don't want the contract, Dodgers might not be able to afford it. Do the Angels try to make a run at him then?

The Dodgers can afford anything, as long as they don't care about the luxury tax. Never count them out. Stanton is from LA and went to high school there.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 14, 2017 -> 03:03 PM)
Is that in response to Stanton or Abreu? Because Stanton is a good defensive player.

Wow, I always assumed since he was bigger he'd be a log out there. Did not know that, also can count on no hands the amount of marlins games I've watched last few years :ph34r:

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 14, 2017 -> 03:56 PM)
I'm referring to the Cardinals. It's just Sports radio banter but he's a name they bring up a lot. Carpenter can move around, they just want a middle of the order bat.

Thanks for clarifying dude.

The Cards have interest in a corner OF and a 1B, plus they have plenty of good prospects. Let's make a deal!

Bob Nightengale‏Verified account @BNightengale 4h4 hours ago There are eight teams who have inquired about #Marlins Giancarlo Stanton, but the #SFGiants and #STLCards remain atop leaderboard

Dan Szymborski‏Verified account @DSzymborski 1h1 hour ago It was widely believed inside baseball that the White Sox ask for Quintana during last winter was too high. But I didn't hear the mockery that I'm getting about the Marlins and Stanton.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 15, 2017 -> 02:24 PM)
Dan Szymborski‏Verified account @DSzymborski 1h1 hour ago It was widely believed inside baseball that the White Sox ask for Quintana during last winter was too high. But I didn't hear the mockery that I'm getting about the Marlins and Stanton.

And yet we wound up being able to trade him for a demon of the ancient world.

Jon Morosi‏Verified account @jonmorosi Giancarlo Stanton trade development: Sources say multiple teams told #Marlins that Stanton’s contract (10 years, $295 million) is roughly what he’d receive on open market. Thus, #Marlins would need to include cash in order to obtain high-level prospects. @MLB @MLBNetwork

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 01:17 PM)
Stanton makes zero sense for the White Sox. Their OF of the future is pretty shored up. It's 3B that poses the biggest long term concern (enter Manny Machado next offseason).

I dunno if it counts, but I feel like Sanchez has a better chance of filling the 3b spot until Berger is ready than Engel does of filling the CF spot. Maybe Leury takes over that spot out in CF, but that's my favorite weak spot right now.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Nov 20, 2017 -> 12:17 PM)
Stanton makes zero sense for the White Sox. Their OF of the future is pretty shored up. It's 3B that poses the biggest long term concern (enter Manny Machado next offseason).

Yeah, that looks more like a list of non-potential suitors. Must be a slow day and Dan has begun his holiday cheer a bit early.