NLDS: Cubs vs. Nationals

LittleHurt05

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you realize the Cubs are about to win 2 straight WS? After all those years of futility? If this happens, Theo and Maddon should be immediately inducted into the Hall. These are the Cubs glory years. Can you imagine if the Sox take over after the little Cub dynasty years? Chicago is the king of the sports world (not that I am embracing the Cubs). But with all these Blackhawks titles and the Jordan era not so long ago, the Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls and White Sox will have a lot of world championships for this city.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 11:26 PM)
Do you realize the Cubs are about to win 2 straight WS? After all those years of futility? If this happens, Theo and Maddon should be immediately inducted into the Hall. These are the Cubs glory years. Can you imagine if the Sox take over after the little Cub dynasty years? Chicago is the king of the sports world (not that I am embracing the Cubs). But with all these Blackhawks titles and the Jordan era not so long ago, the Cubs, Blackhawks, Bulls and White Sox will have a lot of world championships for this city.

The Dodgers are going to destroy the Cubs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 09:26 PM)
...Can you imagine if the Sox take over...

Are you allowed to have such a dream while simultaneously "Greging" all over any rebuild thread that pops up?

Well... to be fair, I do suppose that is indeed a part of "Greging" after all.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 12:45 AM)
Are you allowed to have such a dream while simultaneously "Greging" all over any rebuild thread that pops up?

That's what i thought too! This is exactly what the Sox are trying to accomplish.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 12:45 AM)

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 05:14 AM)
That's what i thought too! This is exactly what the Sox are trying to accomplish.

Uh, guys. The rebuild is an Illuminati conspiracy concocted in the basement of one of Gregg's houses he won in a bet to create an illusion of White Sox grandeur that will never really exist. I am truly sorry you both fell for it and am not happy that I had to be the one to tell you. We're all proper f***ed!

:gosox1:

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
Not sure how to feel about today's game. Watch Jake throw a gem. I could wrong.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 10:54 AM)
I guarantee you will be wrong, Jake won't throw a gem.

It's Jose vs Max :P

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 11:06 AM)
Thank you for the vote of confidence! :lol:

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 12:08 PM)
I will bet you a million dollars Jake doesn't throw a gem today :lol:

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 12:09 PM)
I am NOT betting the house. :D

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 04:11 PM)
I am at work. Does Jake look hittable?

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 04:14 PM)
He hasn't given up a single hit today. Not likely to either... ;)

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 04:15 PM)
Guess my earlier prediction was right. :lol:

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 04:17 PM)
Well, except for the whole "throw" part.

Q is looking pretty good though...

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 9, 2017 -> 05:33 PM)
I am a dumb ass. Why was thinking jake was pitching today? Old age setting in.

I thought you were just playing along. :lol:

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 09:33 AM)
It's one thing to pull Scherzer, but to bring in Solis/Perez instead of Doolittle/Madson? Why did you trade for these relievers if you aren't going to use them in the biggest spots?

I thought the same. Granted they still would have countered with Almora if you bring Doolittle in to face Schwarber but he should have come on to face Rizzo. And if he gets that out, he could come in the 9th.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 09:33 AM)
It's one thing to pull Scherzer, but to bring in Solis/Perez instead of Doolittle/Madson? Why did you trade for these relievers if you aren't going to use them in the biggest spots?

Exactly, your two best relievers didn't even pitch in a super-tight playoff game where your starter left in the 7th. Splits got in the way of letting your best players play.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 10, 2017 -> 10:05 AM)
Exactly, your two best relievers didn't even pitch in a super-tight playoff game where your starter left in the 7th. Splits got in the way of letting your best players play.

Yeah and I get that Doolittle is the closer but c'mon, dude has to face Rizzo in that situation.

This whole series is predicated on the fact the Nationals offense has been abysmal. Trea Turner is terrible.

If Wade Davis pitches the 8th and 9th of game 2, the series is over with the Nats scoring 3 runs in the series.

I think the cub rout them today. Jake goes 5 and the bullpen ends it.

If Strasberg leaves via free agency, the sad window of the Nats closes with very bland results.