NLCS: Cubs vs. Dodgers

LittleHurt05

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is it with people calling the call at home plate an "athletic play"? Darling said it. Maddon said it in the postgame interview. The guys on the postgame show are saying it. Are people really that surprised Kyle Schwarber can charge a ball and make a good throw or something?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 14, 2017 -> 11:58 PM)
What is it with people calling the call at home plate an "athletic play"? Darling said it. Maddon said it in the postgame interview. The guys on the postgame show are saying it. Are people really that surprised Kyle Schwarber can charge a ball and make a good throw or something?

I guess. Maybe they're trying hard to justify whining about it?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 14, 2017 -> 10:58 PM)

I don't get it either. I mean, aren't outfielders supposed to be able to charge the ball and make a good throw? I think this play was far less athletic than the play against the Nat's earlier this week when the Schwab showed off his soccer skills. :D

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 15, 2017 -> 01:47 AM)
I don't get it either. I mean, aren't outfielders supposed to be able to charge the ball and make a good throw? I think this play was far less athletic than the play against the Nat's earlier this week when the Schwab showed off his soccer skills. :D

I think Ron Darling's absolute slurpfest with the Cubs is becoming the narrative for some reason. He has said twice in the Nats series that Baez made a play that no other 2B in baseball makes. And then he caught himself saying that Contreras made "The most athletic of plays by a catcher". And yet, Cubs fans swear that the TBS booth is anti-Cub, just like they thought Joe Buck was anti-Cub last World Series.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 15, 2017 -> 02:09 AM)
I think Ron Darling's absolute slurpfest with the Cubs is becoming the narrative for some reason. He has said twice in the Nats series that Baez made a play that no other 2B in baseball makes. And then he caught himself saying that Contreras made "The most athletic of plays by a catcher". And yet, Cubs fans swear that the TBS booth is anti-Cub, just like they thought Joe Buck was anti-Cub last World Series.

1 time all star "John Lackey is one of the best pitchers this generation"

You really don't appreciate what you have until it's gone. Seeing Sale in the playoffs did nothing for me, but I get so into these Quintana starts, I root for him so much to pitch awesome, even while rooting against the Cubs.

I was at the Hawks game so didn't watch much, but seemed like he was pulled way too early at only 89 pitches? And Rondon has been trash, you knew he would blow it. My Cubs fan buddy is anti Maddon for his in game decisions, he just got lucky last year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 15, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
You really don't appreciate what you have until it's gone. Seeing Sale in the playoffs did nothing for me, but I get so into these Quintana starts, I root for him so much to pitch awesome, even while rooting against the Cubs.

I was at the Hawks game so didn't watch much, but seemed like he was pulled way too early at only 89 pitches? And Rondon has been trash, you knew he would blow it. My Cubs fan buddy is anti Maddon for his in game decisions, he just got lucky last year.

I'm so happy for Q proving morons like Kaplan wrong.

QUOTE (Quin @ Oct 15, 2017 -> 10:19 AM)
I'm so happy for Q proving morons like Kaplan wrong.

Not to derail this thread, but Kaplan makes me so mad with that crap. Between the Q nonsense and the "If the Sox had all these assets to trade, why didn't they win anything?", he has few redeeming sports thoughts.

QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Oct 15, 2017 -> 10:45 AM)
Not to derail this thread, but Kaplan makes me so mad with that crap. Between the Q nonsense and the "If the Sox had all these assets to trade, why didn't they win anything?", he has few redeeming sports thoughts.

This is a short look into Kaplan’s thoughts about baseball:

When the cubs were losing 100 games a year, and fans(especially him) were questioning the patience that Theo was advocating and saying “spend spend spend”

In the off-season, with Rizzo ALREADY ON THE TEAM, this is what Kaplan advocated

32ECC365_B9E5_4294_A0B1_55C7F8FB848F.jpeg

Think about how different the cubs would have been if they gave Pujols the contract that the Angels did

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)

When the cubs were losing 100 games a year, and fans(especially him) were questioning the patience that Theo was advocating and saying “spend spend spend”

In the off-season, with Rizzo ALREADY ON THE TEAM, this is what Kaplan advocated

Think about how different the cubs would have been if they gave Pujols the contract that the Angels did

He's like sportscaster greg

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 15, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)

I'm 100% convinced if Hendry was the GM still that off-season they would have signed either him or Fielder.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2102617...es-chicago-cubs

Joe Maddon tossed, likens home plate collision rule to Chicago's 'soda tax'

:lolhitting

What Maddon ignores is that Culberson had every right to run Contreras over like a freight train and should have, but he didn't. But I guess it's easier to blame the rule instead of his own catcher for blocking the plate that caused Culberson to try and avoid a collision that could injure both players.

Whiners are going to whine when things do not go their way. No matter what, Maddon would be whining, tis the way of the cubs and their fans. Just like when cubs fans whined about AJ absolutely bulldozing Barrett at home plate when it was Barrett's fault for blocking home plate in the first place. Whaaaaaa!

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 15, 2017 -> 02:21 PM)
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2102617...es-chicago-cubs

:lolhitting

What Maddon ignores is that Culberson had every right to run Contreras over like a freight train and should have, but he didn't. But I guess it's easier to blame the rule instead of his own catcher for blocking the plate that caused Culberson to try and avoid a collision that could injure both players.

Whiners are going to whine when things do not go their way. No matter what, Maddon would be whining, tis the way of the cubs and their fans. Just like when cubs fans whined about AJ absolutely bulldozing Barrett at home plate when it was Barrett's fault for blocking home plate in the first place. Whaaaaaa!

What if Culberson trucked Contreas and f***ed him up for the entire playoffs?

I bet Maddon's tune would be different.

Edited by KagakuOtoko