**2018 Opening Day Game Thread**

Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:30 PM)
I was blown away by how good he looked in the spring.

hes got a little bit of that eric brynes paradoxical awkward athleticism to him. still not convinced hes gonna be a replacement level player though

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:30 PM)
I have no idea why you wouldn't try and jam engel inside there but we'll take it!

Stone called it when the Royals left the entire right side of the infield open, he'd been hitting it there all spring

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:33 PM)
I too was on a severely delayed nbc sports app but i had to sign out. Just gonna head home and hope i can catch last 3 innings.

Ha, I'm the opposite. Gotta catch the rest on an app or something aftee 530 when I head to work.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 10:33 PM)
hes got a little bit of that eric brynes paradoxical awkward athleticism to him. still not convinced hes gonna be a replacement level player though

His tool set should make him above replacement just based on defense and speed. Just can't hit .160 again.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:33 PM)

All he has to do is have a .650 OPS at the plate to be replacement level with that defense of his.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:32 PM)
Moncada will strikeout, but as long as he's a BB and XBH machine, then we'll all take it.

I'd rather see him swinging at pitches slightly out of the zone, versus taking close pitches. He has such amazing physical tools, use them.

Just two notes from me right now:

1) These mound visit tally's are really silly. I don't want to see that on the scoreboard, it's basically marketiting/advertising to people like "hey, we are, uhh, trying to speed up the game YOU SEE?" It's lame.

2) These announcers (CHI-SOX) are kind of annoying. I don't know their names, but the guy who talks mostly intelligently seems to like to take stabs at people like the weatherman or the other announcer. He has some good analysis here and there tho. The other guy is kind of aloof. "WHY?" "WHY?" Maybe I just have to let it build.