**Game 2 of 162: Sox at KC Thread**

Brian

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 08:31 PM)
I’m going to say it, he sucks

Last year during batting practice at a game against the Dodgers, I was there with my 4 year old son. Jason was walking around literally feet away from him while holding my kid up.

Waving to Jason, I said, “atta boy Jason! Have a good game today!!”

He looked at me like I had just killed his puppy, said nothing, expressed no kindness in gesture whatsoever, and smirked almost with disdain.

It. Was. Strange.

During the beginning of his first season, I enjoyed the tone of his voice and was open to giving him time to get his feet wet... but his snarky fourth grade humor is just plain awful.

Seriously doubt he’ll ever get fired too - unfortunately.

Really the only positives I can say from my vantage point about the kid is:

1.) He seems to bring out the best from Stone

2.) He is a hard working guy who constantly does his homework

That’s about it thou.

I’m beginning to loath his distracted play by play and am surprised that he has no “calling card” for home runs - other than, “oh my”... which I also don’t like one bit.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 10:20 PM)
Last year during batting practice at a game against the Dodgers, I was there with my 4 year old son. Jason was walking around literally feet away from him while holding my kid up.

Waving to Jason, I said, “atta boy Jason! Have a good game today!!”

He looked at me like I had just killed his puppy, said nothing, expressed no kindness in gesture whatsoever, and smirked almost with disdain.

It. Was. Strange.

During the beginning of his first season, I enjoyed the tone of his voice and was open to giving him time to get his feet wet... but his snarky fourth grade humor is just plain awful.

Seriously doubt he’ll ever get fired too - unfortunately.

Really the only positives I can say from my vantage point about the kid is:

1.) He seems to bring out the best from Stone

2.) He is a hard working guy who constantly does his homework

That’s about it thou.

I’m beginning to loath his distracted play by play and am surprised that he has no “calling card” for home runs - other than, “oh my”... which I also don’t like one bit.

He just does nothing for me. He’s got no calling card like you say and I just ignore him honestly. That is a weird exchange you had

In the big picture, $1 billion+ tv deal and Jason don’t really fit in the same picture together.

In the beginning, he was too fawning/deferential...now he’s gotten too “insidery” and comfortable, but not in a way that’s useful for the viewer at home. Unless we’re now targeting loads of female fans by joking about Matt Davidson’s frosted tips (hairstyle) and ruining the Teri Hatcher elevator scene from Seinfeld.

Would actually prefer to hear a Merkin podcast, or even Chuck Garfien.

I've met Jason in person and he could not have been more gracious or engaging. We chatted for like 15 minutes. I think he can be a really good baseball announcer if he actually relies on his baseball knowledge.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 09:56 PM)
I've met Jason in person and he could not have been more gracious or engaging. We chatted for like 15 minutes. I think he can be a really good baseball announcer if he actually relies on his baseball knowledge.

When I had that exchange with him at the Dodgers game last season... I did have a full beard that went down past my sternum... maybe my look intimidated him or perhaps he was deep in thought attempting to commit some advanced stats to memory.

Who knows, perhaps he had to desperately take a poop.

Hope he grows into the announcer role he’s got here because all in all, I’ve always had the impression that you shared... a genuinely good guy.

After considering him here over the last 15 minutes or so... I’m willing to give him this year without biased and will hope he “grows up” into the role more.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 10:56 PM)

If being the key word in that sentence...he’s going to be asked (the first or second time) politely to dial back his non-baseball repertoire if he keeps this up.

Remember, we’re trying to attract more engagement from new/casual fans and, more specifically, younger fans.

The two games were fun to watch despite Benetti.

KC looks like they are destined for last place, not us. KC is a lifeless team with a depressed fan base and a horrible bullpen that will only demoralize the team further when they fail to close out games.

IMHO we need a Closer and we need Eloy in the line-up.

And we need Rodon in the rotation because at least one of our current starters is probably not going to hack it.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 12:01 AM)
When I had that exchange with him at the Dodgers game last season... I did have a full beard that went down past my sternum... maybe my look intimidated him or perhaps he was deep in thought attempting to commit some advanced stats to memory.

Who knows, perhaps he had to desperately take a poop.

Hope he grows into the announcer role he’s got here because all in all, I’ve always had the impression that you shared... a genuinely good guy.

After considering him here over the last 15 minutes or so... I’m willing to give him this year without biased and will hope he “grows up” into the role more.

I think him going on the road with the team this year will get him closer with the team and build the knowledge there.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 10:08 PM)

And we need Rodon in the rotation because at least one of our current starters is probably not going to hack it.

I personally feel like we already have a closer... he’s either injured or in the minors. Since we’re not likely to compete this year, by the time our window opens up, this yet to be defined closer will then be ready.

Same goes with the rotation.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 11:08 PM)
The two games were fun to watch despite Benetti.

KC looks like they are destined for last place, not us. KC is a lifeless team with a depressed fan base and a horrible bullpen that will only demoralize the team further when they fail to close out games.

Adding Kopech and Rodon could make this rotation really fun and interesting. Then add Eloy to the lineup, if he can stay healthy, and we’re cooking with gas. I’m dying for Eloy in this lineup. He’s got me giddy