Sox @ Royals 4/28/18 (GAME ONE)

Jose Abreu

Fascinating to see Carson almost completely abandon his curveball. I'm not sure if this is a White Sox thing or what, but it seems extremely common for us to have guys whose best offspeed pitch in the lower levels/college was a curveball and by the time they get to MLB it's either ditched entirely, converted to a slider, or demoted to 3rd or 4th status.

8 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

Great to see the effort by Fulmer. Plus Palka got comfortable at the plate obviously 

It really is fascinating how one game can make your numbers go from crap to really good. He went from having a .000 average to a .300 average in one game lol.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Game day had Trayce PH for Palka then it switched back to Palka . That was weird .

That was some gamesmanship.  Thompson went into the batters circle but was never announced, KC changed pitchers and the Sox left Palka in the game.  And he homered.  

Just now, Tony said:

Crazy how big of a bullet the Sox dodged by not signing Alex Gordon..

That thread when Cespedes, Upton and Gordon were all FA's was a good one. I'm pretty sure Gordon was 3rd among the 3 among Soxtalkers who expressed an opinion . I remember arguing with a lot of people when I wanted Cespedes though.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That thread when Cespedes, Upton and Gordon were all FA's was a good one. I'm pretty sure Gordon was 3rd among the 3 among Soxtalkers who expressed an opinion . I remember arguing with a lot of people when I wanted Cespedes though.

I definitely was pro-Gordon at that time. I thought he was the least likely to crater. Whoops.