5/9 1:10, Pirates vs White Sox

flavum

Just now, greg775 said:

The White Sox are big boys. They can take some whining from life long fans disgusted by this who will be embarrassed by the upcoming Cub massacres. If I were Cub hitters I'd bring the long ball attitude to this series (unless wind is blowing in). Uppercuts galore cause eventually you are going to run into a pitcher who will deliver meat to you and your lumber.

Ok, so you've picked whining and 75 wins but no titles ever. At least you've made your decision.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

No, I want titles.

So do we, the difference here is we understand the road to titles comes with some short-term sacrifices where as you just come off as a whiny, entitled little shit who wants daddy to buy him a Ferrari for his 16th birthday.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

No, I want titles.

That's not how you come across. In the past, you wanted them to win the last few weeks of the season when they were out of contention and you said you didn't care about draft slot. If someone was interested in titles and not just meaningless wins, then they would want a chance for the club to draft best player possible 

4 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Some of us don't write off entire seasons. It's early May for gawd sakes. Some of us consider the rest of the season a long long time to endure unprecedented White Sox lousiness. This team has the worst team in Sox history written all over it.

You don't account for the fact that today's team won't be August's team.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

That's not how you come across. In the past, you wanted them to win the last few weeks of the season when they were out of contention and you said you didn't care about draft slot. If someone was interested in titles and not just meaningless wins, then they would want a chance for the club to draft best player possible 

I want titles, but I'm not a draft guy. I'm a trade guy, sure. I'm a FA signing guy. I'm for our instructors making something out of whomever we do draft, not have them be busts like all our busts of the past 15 drafts. I'm for having stars like Ventura, Frank, Dye, Thome, Buehrle, Sale lead the team to pennants. Just cause I devalue the draft doesn't mean I don't want titles.

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Interesting post. I guess we are going to find out if attendance matters at all in the day and age of franchises being worth a billion dollars. Cause it's early May and this team won't sell any advanced tickets the rest of the season except the Cub games. I wish some enterprising Website reporter would count the fans actually in the stands at games. Go down to the field from the press box in the third inning and fricking count the fans. I mean what did a day game today draw? I didn't watch it but were there 2,000 in the house? Maybe attendance truly doesn't matter anymore. But this season, last season and now, next season, wow we are gonna be bad and unless you do the secondary market (which obviously anybody who wants to go to a game should do) there's no reason to pay real prices to watch this crap, especially with Moncada and Avi out.

Why do you care about attendance during the second year of a rebuild?  No one should fee guilty for not spending their money to watch this quality of product.  That’s one of the reasons the payroll is low as it is.  Because the Sox don’t expect you to show up very often.

And for someone who lives in Lawrence fucking Kansas, why the hell do you care about the cost of going to games?  Talk about a waste of energy whining about this day after day when you maybe go to one or two games a year.  Good grief man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

You don't account for the fact that today's team won't be August's team.

Eloy? Kopech? I wouldn't count on them joining the team til the minor league seasons are over. Why bring them up if we have some historically bad record?

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why do you care about attendance during the second year of a rebuild?  No one should fee guilty for not spending their money to watch this quality of product.  That’s one of the reasons the payroll is low as it is.  Because the Sox don’t expect you to show up very often.

And for someone who lives in Lawrence fucking Kansas, why the hell do you care about the cost of going to games?  Talk about a waste of energy whining about this day after day when you maybe go to one or two games a year.  Good grief man.

Cause I used to go to 30 games a year when I lived there. We had season tickets forever and my dad's business partner was one of the team's zillion of owners.

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Some of us don't write off entire seasons. It's early May for gawd sakes. Some of us consider the rest of the season a long long time to endure unprecedented White Sox lousiness. This team has the worst team in Sox history written all over it.

If you weren't baseball smart enough to know that this team wasn't going to compete this year that is more telling than anything else you have ever posted on Soxtalk. 

6 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Eloy? Kopech? I wouldn't count on them joining the team til the minor league seasons are over. Why bring them up if we have some historically bad record?

Does it get boring being wrong all of the time or are you just trolling?

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

To get them development and experience at the ML level, and if they succeed, to possibly help sell free agents in the upcoming stocked class on the idea of being a part of this team's ascendance.

13 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I want titles, but I'm not a draft guy. I'm a trade guy, sure. I'm a FA signing guy. I'm for our instructors making something out of whomever we do draft, not have them be busts like all our busts of the past 15 drafts. I'm for having stars like Ventura, Frank, Dye, Thome, Buehrle, Sale lead the team to pennants. Just cause I devalue the draft doesn't mean I don't want titles.

You’re a FA signing guy?  Really?  All you do is call every free agent a “stiff”, say everyone is overpaid, and then call all the owners stupid for signing all these overpaid stiffs.  Outside of a few select Royals who you adore, you are the exact opposite of a FA signing guy.

54 minutes ago, greg775 said:

You acknowledge that the Sox drafted some of your favorites- Ventura, Thomas, Dye, Buehrle and Sale- and then you say you devalue the draft

Edited by soxfan49

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

KW's 2000s model hasn't worked in some time, and he had the best farm system in baseball when he started to build his core from, which he did. You're actually effectively arguing against the strategy you're advocating.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Everyone you mention was drafted at one point lmao the star players have to start somewhere.

Edited by soxfan2014

The Sox made some miscalculations in evaluating existing pitching and position player talent on the way to forming the 25 man roster to start the season. They thought many of these guys would be better than they have shown us thus far.

Now, if several players are deemed to be under performing for an extended period of time,  then the Manager has to take responsibility, or the front office, or whoever is making player personnel decisions. 

1 hour ago, soxfan2014 said:

Everyone you mention was drafted at one point lmao the star players have to start somewhere.

Read rabbit's story on the draft. It's weak and basically all the top players are interchangeable. We don't need pick 4.

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Read rabbit's story on the draft. It's weak and basically all the top players are interchangeable. We don't need pick 4.

Or lose a few more games last year and take Mize, who looks like a future 1 or 2 in the rotation 

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

If you love Mize he could still be there at 4. Sounds like no prospects are considered golden in this draft.

Mize is as close of a lock to go 1-1 as we've seen in recent years, but I hope you're right.