Trade Proposals

ChiSoxJon

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Cedeno or Avalin.  A lot of teams could use left-handed relief help.  Shields will be more of an acquired taste.  I still feel like Leury is the wild card here though.

Wouldn’t it be best for Avilan to stay here? Maybe they could get some talented minor league depth for him, I’m not sure. I wonder what they could get for Leury, something tells me he is staying for now.

9 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Wouldn’t it be best for Avilan to stay here? Maybe they could get some talented minor league depth for him, I’m not sure. I wonder what they could get for Leury, something tells me he is staying for now.

He’s only got one more year of control and the Sox have Bummer sitting in AAA waiting for another opportunity.  I don’t see the point in holding onto him.

26 minutes ago, The Beast said:

A lot of teams could use a good LOOGY. Avilan fits that build. I think he’d look good with either Seattle/Boston. Everyone is trying to model after the Yankees and build super bullpens now, if they lack starters. Look at the Brewers now. Suter goes down, they have to fill the void without acquiring a starter because of its limited market. Hader, Soria, Jeffress, Burnes, Knebel, even Taylor Williams is solid. Wowza. 

52 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He’s only got one more year of control and the Sox have Bummer sitting in AAA waiting for another opportunity.  I don’t see the point in holding onto him.

I hadn’t thought about his contract but now I agree with you. I will be curious to see who eventually ends up in the White Sox bullpen when the prospects arrive.

The 3 best relievers are lefties: Avilan, Cedeno, Fry. (and the next man up, Bummer, is also a lefty)  Avilan and Cedeno have 2 years of control each. They should be moved, if possible, by Tuesday - whatever prospect they can get for them will be of higher quality with the extra year of a cheap contract.

On 7/27/2018 at 7:44 AM, The Beast said:

Well there is the rule 5 to consider as well. One thing trading some of these relievers accomplishes is it kills two birds with one stone we clear up a spot and call up someone from the minors who needs a look anyways.

Plus we'll need the spots anyways as we'll be picking at the top of the rule 5.

Edited by wrathofhahn

There are too many sellers and not enough buyers. For what the Sox have left, unless someone really wants to pay for Rodon, why would a team give up anything remotely interesting? They have 20 other teams with the same crap they can bargain with. The Al is all but decided. Just Oakland and Seattle fighting for the 1game playoff. There really are 7 NL teams fighting for 5 spots, although all of their division are still wide open. I just don’t see why anyone would give anything for what the Sox have to offer. 

59 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

There are too many sellers and not enough buyers. For what the Sox have left, unless someone really wants to pay for Rodon, why would a team give up anything remotely interesting? They have 20 other teams with the same crap they can bargain with. The Al is all but decided. Just Oakland and Seattle fighting for the 1game playoff. There really are 7 NL teams fighting for 5 spots, although all of their division are still wide open. I just don’t see why anyone would give anything for what the Sox have to offer. 

Avilan & Cedeno have both been good to pretty good this season.  Both should be desirable, but the problem is they don’t provide enough utility as LOOGY’s to warrant much of a return.  I still think it’s worth moving at least one of them regardless just to open up a spot for Bummer.

If they can't trade  a LOOGY, so be it.  They can bring both back next year and there needs to be someone who can pitch and neither will bring much in the way of prospects.
But they need to trade Avi and/or Abreu

Edited by GreenSox

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I still think the Sox make two moves before the trade deadline.  One will be a trade of Avilan or Cedeno for a middling prospect.  The second will be a bit of a surprise move.  That could be any of Abreu, Avi, Leury, Carlos, Fry, or Rodon getting traded.

Doubt Rodon gets moved. His injury history and years of control remaining make him difficult to value. The Sox would be asking for a large return and I don't think another club will pay that price.

Avilan/Cedeno/Shields may get moved for a crappy return

4 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I still think the Sox make two moves before the trade deadline.  One will be a trade of Avilan or Cedeno for a middling prospect.  The second will be a bit of a surprise move.  That could be any of Abreu, Avi, Leury, Carlos, Fry, or Rodon getting traded.

Fry has been getting fried last few weeks.  Doubt he is getting traded.  Rodon, nah.  

Avi is the only one I could potentially see, but I doubt it. 

Edited by ChiSox59

1 hour ago, BamaDoc said:

Would you get involved on Realmuto?  They were asking for Robles and Kieboom from Nats.  Evidently willing to give one not both.  

Collins, Rutherford and Adams? More?

If the asking price starts with Robles, I'd imagine either Eloy, Kopech or Robert would have to be included...which I would not do. Sox won't be in on him. 

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

If the asking price starts with Robles, I'd imagine either Eloy, Kopech or Robert would have to be included...which I would not do. Sox won't be in on him. 

Thats why I was doing a quantity over single (preferred by Nats) high ender.

7 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Thats why I was doing a quantity over single (preferred by Nats) high ender.

We are not at the point where we should be shipping out multiple top prospects for mlb talent. In 12 months we will have a much better idea of what we have in some of these young players. 

No Correa, no Altuve, questionable DH, no bench bat:  the Astros need a bat.  A team I'd love for Hahn to cut a deal with.
Garcia for, oh some LF named Tucker currently hitting .143!  Throw in a sweetener - Astros can have anyone from the major league bullpen.

19 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Would you get involved on Realmuto?  They were asking for Robles and Kieboom from Nats.  Evidently willing to give one not both.  

I'd wait until the 2020 offseason and pursue him as a free agent if the catching situation isn't resolved by then.

19 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

Absolutely not.  But the Marlins should be shopping the heck out of him off of this career year and only 2 years of control.
A hitting catcher is icing before you have cake; career years, 2 years of control - big nix.

Edited by GreenSox

11 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Think more along the lines of a backup corner bat.

Davidson or Palka for 2 lottery tickets?

2 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

No Correa, no Altuve, questionable DH, no bench bat:  the Astros need a bat.  A team I'd love for Hahn to cut a deal with.
Garcia for, oh some LF named Tucker currently hitting .143!  Throw in a sweetener - Astros can have anyone from the major league bullpen.

Doubt we get Tucker, but I wonder what they'd pay for Avi and Abreu. A 4-5 player package with 3 quality prospects and 1-2 lottery tickets would be great.