Rosenthal: Could Harper be headed to the southside

Sleepy Harold

Just now, fathom said:

This guy has been very solid in the past and has said no for Harper to the Cubs the last few weeks.  Seems like he’s changed his mind:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomLoxas/status/1072588244175474688

I think cubs will try to do a short term, high aav offer. But, I'll take rosenthal's source that it ain't happening for real.

15 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Source Code: under rated movie set in Chicago about an almost dead Army helicopter pilot but with brainwaves used by scientists to stop a terrorist attack. Pilot had to relive the train ride over and over until he found the terrorist. Then he died.

I see some correlation here.

Pretty good movie.

5 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

But narrative

Cat and T. Loxas are probably the two guys who've broken the most Cubs transactions over the last 5 or so years.  The fact they both thing they're involved in the chase makes me think it's more than likely they are.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

Cat and T. Loxas are probably the two guys who've broken the most Cubs transactions over the last 5 or so years.  The fact they both thing they're involved in the chase makes me think it's more than likely they are.

What is the cat Twitter name

• Love 1

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

This guy has been very solid in the past and has said no for Harper to the Cubs the last few weeks.  Seems like he’s changed his mind:

https://mobile.twitter.com/TomLoxas/status/1072588244175474688

The Harper situation isn't hard to read. He expected to go to a big money club like the Yankees, Cubs, Dodgers, BoSox or wherever and make tons of money and win. The problem is that he is not worth the money to those teams. Either he takes less money and goes to a contender, or takes the most money to play for the White Sox who see intrinsic value on top of the stats, and might be good soon. I suspect the Sox and Phillies are just sitting on their offers while the other teams try to see if they can get close enough to make the choice easy for him. I doubt anyone is "out" at this point.

Edited by G&T
clarifying
  • Like 2

• bmags locked this topic